New Guy back in the game after 7 years

maylinduplantis

gunslinger
HiddenOne said:
:lmao: if only.... my best friend is married, so I don't think he'd really be able to take me, my other friend won't go near alcohol, and all my other friends live in other states :lol: so unless that was an offer.... :wink: lol

the mrs will let me go out and drink, so let the :otter: begin LOL :banana:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HiddenOne said:
yeah, but the problem is I can't go to an "activity" with someone if I'm too shy to even approach or talk to them :wink:
Go to activities you like. Join a club that concerns something you're interested in. Get a life you enjoy. When you're ready, someone will show up that shares your interests and you'll have something in common to talk about.

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
Go to activities you like. Join a club that concerns something you're interested in. Get a life you enjoy. When you're ready, someone will show up that shares your interests and you'll have something in common to talk about.

:yeahthat: That's the first step in any relationship - shared interests. Then you progress less on the activity but just being with the person. :smile:

HiddenOne

dems4me said:
:yeahthat: That's the first step in any relationship - shared interests. Then you progress less on the activity but just being with the person. :smile:

true, but that's a bit difficult when you really haven't had much of an "outside" life at all.... :ohwell:

D

dems4me

HiddenOne said:
true, but that's a bit difficult when you really haven't had much of an "outside" life at all.... :ohwell:

What interests do you have? Are you afraid to go out and do things by yourself?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HiddenOne said:
Buy a motorcycle. You can get liscensed thru SMCC, they even provide learner bikes.
You get a fun activity and an instant Bad Boy image for the ladies :yay:

HiddenOne

dems4me said:
What interests do you have? Are you afraid to go out and do things by yourself?

*shrugs* I'm not really sure anymore... it's been all about my daughter since she was born, and before that always just hung out either with the ex or with friends.... i don't think i'm afraid, so much as uncormfortable maybe? i dunno, usually when I'm out by myself I just do what I need to get done (like shopping or whatever) and go home.... I guess it's just boring or something.... *shrug*

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
Buy a motorcycle. You can get liscensed thru SMCC, they even provide learner bikes.

Not all girls like bad boys :spank:

HO - Personally, if I dated a biker, I'd be worried sick that they would get in an accident or something on their bike. Drivers are often rude to bikers and cut them off, etc... don't try to be someone you are not. :huggy: What interests DO you have?

HiddenOne

aps45819 said:

:lmao: yeah right, i wish I had that kinda money!

D

dems4me

HiddenOne said:
*shrugs* I'm not really sure anymore... it's been all about my daughter since she was born, and before that always just hung out either with the ex or with friends.... i don't think i'm afraid, so much as uncormfortable maybe? i dunno, usually when I'm out by myself I just do what I need to get done (like shopping or whatever) and go home.... I guess it's just boring or something.... *shrug*

Sometimes the best relationships come when you are not looking. Girls and Guys sense that sometimes and it comes across as despearte when you are looking. Just be happy with you and who you are and everything else will fall into place rather easily. :smile:
In the meantime, try getting out more and learning about new things! People are generally eager to share their hobbies and help you learn about things that interest them. :shrug:

HiddenOne

dems4me said:
Not all girls like bad boys :spank:

HO - Personally, if I dated a biker, I'd be worried sick that they would get in an accident or something on their bike. Drivers are often rude to bikers and cut them off, etc... don't try to be someone you are not. :huggy: What interests DO you have?

besides the fact that I've either known people or seen people who've died in accidents on those things....... :ohwell: as far as interests.....ummm.... tv, movies, computers, reading, playing with my daughter, hanging out with my friends... blah.... any of those count? :lol:

D

dems4me

HiddenOne said:
besides the fact that I've either known people or seen people who've died in accidents on those things....... :ohwell: as far as interests.....ummm.... tv, movies, computers, reading, playing with my daughter, hanging out with my friends... blah.... any of those count? :lol:

keep hanging out with your friensd then... you are bound to meet someone. :smile:

HiddenOne

dems4me said:
Sometimes the best relationships come when you are not looking. Girls and Guys sense that sometimes and it comes across as despearte when you are looking. Just be happy with you and who you are and everything else will fall into place rather easily. :smile:
In the meantime, try getting out more and learning about new things! People are generally eager to share their hobbies and help you learn about things that interest them. :shrug:

being happy with yourself is always easier said than done :wink: especially when it feels like noone else is happy with you.... :ohwell: and getting out and learning new things is difficult because of my shyness and the fact that I always feel like an outsider, like a third wheel or whatever.... I dunno, I'm a freak :lol: