New Guy back in the game after 7 years

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HiddenOne said:
true, but that's a bit difficult when you really haven't had much of an "outside" life at all.... :ohwell:
Try something you think you might like to do. If it requires equipment, get rental or used stuff on E-Bay or in the SOMD classifieds so you don't invest a lot of money in something that looks like more fun that it is. (or hurts) Try different things. If you access to the base, the hobby shop has all kinds of things to work on.
You're young, you've got time to find out what you like. You can't share interests if you don't have any.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HiddenOne said:
:lmao: yeah right, i wish I had that kinda money!
Going to look at this one for a friend this weekend. You don't need brand new stuff to enjoy it.
HiddenOne said:
besides the fact that I've either known people or seen people who've died in accidents on those things....... :ohwell: as far as interests.....ummm.... tv, movies, computers, reading, playing with my daughter, hanging out with my friends... blah.... any of those count? :lol:
I know a lot more people that have been hurt in cars than on bikes. Another advantage is you don't have to worry about making conversation while riding. Just get to drive while she rubs her boobs in your back :yay:

Things you do while sitting on your azz at home don't count. Get a copy of the Emptyprise this Friday and pick something out to go to. If nothing else throw a dart at the Happenings list and go where it lands. There's lots of free stuff going on all the time.

D

dems4me

HiddenOne said:
being happy with yourself is always easier said than done :wink: especially when it feels like noone else is happy with you.... :ohwell: and getting out and learning new things is difficult because of my shyness and the fact that I always feel like an outsider, like a third wheel or whatever.... I dunno, I'm a freak :lol:

You are stuck where you are because of excuses... I do the same things often. Sometimes ya just gotta fake it until ya' make it sweetie. I used to seek validation from others to get a sense of self, but this is not the way to go. :huggy: Its true that if you don't like yourself, other's wont. Its an inside job. :huggy:

D

dems4me

aps45819 said:
Going to look at this one for a friend this weekend. You don't need brand new stuff to enjoy it.

I know a lot more people that have been hurt in cars than on bikes. Another advantage is you don't have to worry about making conversation while riding. Just get to drive while she rubs her boobs in your back :yay:

Things you do while sitting on your azz at home don't count. Get a copy of the Emptyprise this Friday and pick something out to go to. If nothing else throw a dart at the Happenings list and go where it lands. There's lots of free stuff going on all the time.

:yeahthat: Hidden One, its time to come out of hidding. :biggrin: Don't be afraid to get your feet wet... you are human and are feeilng the same feelings and insecurities all of us has faced at one time or another. Sometimes you just gotta get back up on the saddle. Where are you located?

HiddenOne

aps45819 said:

Yeah, but you gotta be able to afford it... not just the bike but the insurance etc... something which i'm just not able to do....

lol and the emptyprise idea sounds good, but i feel kinda like a blood-soaked butcher carrying a tray of meat into a lions den when i go out by myself.... :ohwell:

HiddenOne

dems4me said:
:yeahthat: Hidden One, its time to come out of hidding. :biggrin: Don't be afraid to get your feet wet... you are human and are feeilng the same feelings and insecurities all of us has faced at one time or another. Sometimes you just gotta get back up on the saddle. Where are you located?

:lol: but the shadows are where i belong! :lol: I live with the parents *shudder* by the racetrack... off of 236... how bout you?

D

dems4me

HiddenOne said:
:lol: but the shadows are where i belong! :lol: I live with the parents *shudder* by the racetrack... off of 236... how bout you?

I don't know where that's at. :shrug: I'm north of most of these folks on the forums. Try praying about your situation too. :huggy:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
HiddenOne said:

Does Stones still serve beer by the bottle?

D

dems4me

HiddenOne said:
How far north are you?

I'm around Hughsville/Gallant Green/Waldorf with a Brandywine address that used to be a Waldorf address 3 years ago.

D

dems4me

TIGERLILY said:
Try taking a trip to the track. It's close to home and you will sure to meet new folks.

:clap: Arn't y'all about the same age too :confused: :clap:

See there HO, you already have made a date!!! :clap:

HiddenOne

dems4me said:
I'm around Hughsville/Gallant Green/Waldorf with a Brandywine address that used to be a Waldorf address 3 years ago.

Not that far north.... you know where charlotte hall is right? i'm right around there :wink:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
dems4me said:
:clap: Arn't y'all about the same age too :confused: :clap:

See there HO, you already have made a date!!! :clap:

Sweety I am your age. HO is a bit young for me but I would certainly help get him out and about.

D

dems4me

TIGERLILY said:
Sweety I am your age. HO is a bit young for me but I would certainly help get him out and about.

I'd be willing to help too!!!

HO, yes I know where Charlotte Hall is - you are in spittin' distance!! :huggy:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
HiddenOne said:
Yeah, but you gotta be able to afford it... not just the bike but the insurance etc... something which i'm just not able to do....
:lol: Insurance on that bike might run $100 a year if you've got a horrible driving record.