Not even a mouse?

BuddyLee

Football addict
How many of those were on the cusp of too high, too far, behind them slightly, too friggin hard?

Here’s what most fans don’t know about last season (again, courtesy of Football Outsiders Almanac):
  1. Campbell’s receivers led the league in dropped passes with 39. We repeat – Redskins receivers dropped more passes than anyone else in football in 2008.
  2. Receivers Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El both ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in dropped passes. Moss ranked second with 12 (behind only Cleveland’s Braylon Edwards with 15), while Randle El was tied for ninth with nine drops.
  3. Running back Clinton Portis only had six drops. Compared to Moss and Randle El that seems okay, but he was actually third in the league in percentage of dropped passes (17 percent).
  4. Campbell was also in the top 10 in the NFL last season in passes defended with 50 – meaning if Campbell threw a “jump ball,” more times than not, the defender beat the receiver on the play.
  5. Campbell was sixth best in the league in percentage of overthrown passes. He overthrew his wideouts 18 times, which works out to 3.6 percent. Conversely, Derek Anderson of the Browns overthrew his receivers a league-worst nine percent of the time.
  6. Campbell was second best in the NFL in underthrown passes (6.4 percent), trailing only Matt Schaub of the Houston Texans (4.9 percent). It should also be noted that Campbell attempted 126 more passes than the injury-prone Schaub. Oakland’s JaMarcus Russell led the league in underthrown passes (16.5 percent).
  7. Campbell was fifth in the NFL in QB hits with 47, and tied for third in quarterback knockdowns with 88. In fact, Campbell got knocked down more than 16 percent of the time he dropped back to pass, which was eighth most in the league.
  8. In spite of all of this, Campbell was eighth in the NFL in quarterback accuracy at 85.7. This statistic factors in passes that are not thrown ahead or behind, overthrown or underthrown or out of bounds.

HomerMcFanboy » campbell haters beware

He's average, not horrible. If he had an inkling of help he might be something.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Look. Who should be ready to roll and used to one another; An offense with ZERO changes other than a guard or a defense with a rookie LB, a new to the team DT, a CB who's only been around a 1/2 season and a second year safety?

The idea with the D was to pressure the QB, which did not happen much today and the CB's to not get beat deep and pick off rushed throws.
My problem was with the corners and not so much the defense itself. They were stout up the middle and made some great run stops. The corners (D.Hall, Smoot) and Safety's (Horton, Landry) were horrible today.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My problem was with the corners and not so much the defense itself. They were stout up the middle and made some great run stops. The corners (D.Hall, Smoot) and Safety's (Horton, Landry) were horrible today.

I disagree. They all made good, solid plays. Were they stellar? No. Were they paid $100 mil and drafted #1 to collapse the pocket and sack the QB?

No.

BuddyLee

Football addict
THIS HAS WHAT TO DO WITH HIS PLAY TODAY????????????????????
That was today, the first day of the season. I didn't see many QB's lighting it up today. Drew Bree's, Hassleback, Romo against Tampa.

That's about it. Even Eli's brother struggled today.

Let's see what he has against the Rams. I think the fanbase is only willing to give Zorn and Campbell to the fourth game.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I disagree. They all made good, solid plays. Were they stellar? No. Were they paid $100 mil and drafted #1 to collapse the pocket and sack the QB?

No.
They were horrible. Missed tackles, unnessesary penalties, swiss cheese coverage. D-Hall was lucky to get that pick.

Haynesworth on the other hand was stellar making numerous stops. I wouldn't give the guy 41 million but he's a great addition.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That was today, the first day of the season. I didn't see many QB's lighting it up today. Drew Bree's, Hassleback, Romo against Tampa.

That's about it. Even Eli's brother struggled today.

Let's see what he has against the Rams. I think the fanbase is only willing to give Zorn and Campbell to the fourth game.

Did anyone ask that he light it up? That he be #1 in the league? Top 10? Name me one person who expected, not hope, but expected him to light it up, at all? Ever?

Pete asked for two TD's and not even TD passes. Just two TD drives. He got us one. Late.

Oy vey - I just figured out that Olbermann is still on Football Night in America. That really sucks, it would be nice to be able to watch that show to catch up on what happened in some of the games.

You would think that NBC, having gotten the rights to host the official Sunday evening NFL review show, would at least make it so that the show is watchable. I mean, what the hell does he add that could possibly make it worthwhile to have him on? It's Sunday evening in late summer/fall - I'd like to be able to watch football highlights without having to constantly be reminded about the complete lack of cognitive ability that has become pervasive in society.

NFL - please give this show back to ESPN, so that people can actually watch it.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Did anyone ask that he light it up? That he be #1 in the league? Top 10? Name me one person who expected, not hope, but expected him to light it up, at all? Ever?

Pete asked for two TD's and not even TD passes. Just two TD drives. He got us one. Late.
He?

I didn't realize it was him and no one else. How's about when the receivers start getting open and stop brawlin'. How's about Rabach actually block someone instead of getting blown up on every other play. This was a team loss, not a Campbell loss. The team wasn't ready and it showed. They fumbled their way to another loss. Even Cooley despite his stellar play got lucky on that almost fumble.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Fine. No slack for the D, Excuses for JC. That's probably the right attitude because if the D doesn't play great, we're not going to do to well.

:tap:
I gave my beef with Campbell and was done with it. I just hate when all the blame goes to one individual when it was a clear team loss.

Larry's right about the clock in Campbell's head. There was a brief period of time, at the beginning of last year, when it seemed like something had finally gotten that clock running at the speed that is needed for an NFL quarterback to be productive. But then, he went back to having a mental clock that was just too slow. A quarterback can have every other ability that might be desirable for quarterbacks, and they'll still never be productive in the NFL if that clock in their head isn't fast enough.

Pete

Repete
He?

I didn't realize it was him and no one else. How's about when the receivers start getting open and stop brawlin'. How's about Rabach actually block someone instead of getting blown up on every other play. This was a team loss, not a Campbell loss. The team wasn't ready and it showed. They fumbled their way to another loss. Even Cooley despite his stellar play got lucky on that almost fumble.

Campbell just plain sucks. My 13 year old QB has more field presence than he does and he has braces AND plays middle linebacker on defense.