OK...I've had enough..

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
And she SAID:

So she knows what the problem is and is looking for moral support to change it? What's so hard to comprehend about this?

God help me but here goes...... And those of you who can relate are able to provide that "sympathy" right? I'm not calling you fat; you diet often to maintain your weight.

There are lot of people with lots of weaknesses. If my weakness was crack would ya be so sympathetic? Just because I admitted it doesn't make it excusable. Would you be so quick to offer support?

How do you KNOW that my form of support being tactless but honest isn't just what she may need to get herself in gear?

I was under the impression that people posted things in these public forms for varying opinions. Just cause mine's not popular doesn't make it wrong.

Ponytail

migtig said:
I'll give her a call, but is she going in the day time? OMG :lmao: Can you imagine me and her kickboxing? :yikes: Uh PT, stand by your phone with bail money...:roflmao:

I'm charging the phone now. :lmao: She already does some other marshal arts chit, trained with staffs and swords and gawd knows what else...you know, the totally usefull stuff that you see everyday on the mean streets of SOMD. :roflmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
I was under the impression that people posted things in these public forms for varying opinions. Just cause mine's not popular doesn't make it wrong.
It's the way you put things - "Are you an alcoholic?"

You could be nicer and it wouldn't hurt you. :bonk:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
pixiegirl said:
God help me but here goes...... And those of you who can relate are able to provide that "sympathy" right? I'm not calling you fat; you diet often to maintain your weight.

There are lot of people with lots of weaknesses. If my weakness was crack would ya be so sympathetic? Just because I admitted it doesn't make it excusable. Would you be so quick to offer support?

How do you KNOW that my form of support being tactless but honest isn't just what she may need to get herself in gear?

Your opinion is not just "not popular." I thought it was a bit much.....JMHO.

morganj614

vraiblonde said:
And she SAID:

So she knows what the problem is and is looking for moral support to change it? What's so hard to comprehend about this?

okay, because she said "If I can handle it, I'll cut back or try to stomach the Bacardi /diet. I can't imagine not drinking on Friday night".
Plus all the excuses why she couldn't exercise. :shrug:

Drama aside... Fttrs, someone has already mentioned "journaling" everything you consume for each day. This can be as simple as keeping a piece of paper in your pocket and whipping it out to jot on each time something containing calories enters your mouth. Doing this will give you a clearer picture of where extra calories are coming from. Having kids provides way too many opportunities to pop extra food in when you aren't even really hungry for it... Did you: grab a nugget off their plate, get the crust from their pizza because they won't eat the "pizza bones", eat the rest of the *insert meal item here* as you were cleaning off the table because there wasn't enough left over to make a meal, etc. It all adds up.

If it's going to be a stress right now to fit in a regular and rigid workout routine... start with calorie intake...:shrug:

Pete said:
Mr. Goodbar
Total Calories 270
Calories from Fat 140
Total Fat 16 g 25%
Saturated Fat 7 g 35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg 2%
Sodium 20 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 27 g 9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 5 g

Pete

Repete
kwillia said:
Total Calories 270
Calories from Fat 140
Total Fat 16 g 25%
Saturated Fat 7 g 35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg 2%
Sodium 20 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 27 g 9%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 5 g
Whew dodged a bullet there. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
Drama aside...
See, Pixie? Even Kwillia says you're being a drama queen :razz:

Beerwench, cut out the booze and go for walks with your kids. That weight will come right off, I guarantee. And since I am more understanding than Pixie, I will say that giving up beers is a terrible thing - something no woman should have to bear. But you can reward yourself on the weekend if you're good throughout the week.

That said, last night not only did I NOT get on the treadmill, but I sucked down 4 beers to boot. :blushing: