Only 32.61% has a spine

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I fully support...

gumbo said:
You spoke of marriage being love, well there are people who love their dogs
Oh but thats not the same. Try telling a dog lover that!

...anti bestiality laws and in full favor of limiting gay marriage to two consenting adults.

Do I understand you to mean that, in your mind, gay marriage is the same as or, relatively equal to, marrying ones dog?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
Do I understand you to mean that, in your mind, gay marriage is the same as or, relatively equal to, marrying ones dog?
And, hey, if the dog can sign the marriage certificate under its own power, let it get married. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I assume...

gumbo said:
There are different kinds of love and your assuming that two people of the same sex, love the same way a man and woman does. Why? Because they say so. How would they know? Because they had a straight relationship with someone they couldn't stand having sex with. Oh great comparison.

...no such thing. The personal nature of two adults and their relationship, man or woman, is between them. There is no test to gauge the sincerity or depth of ones love for another before their marriage is sanctioned. Hell, two folks married in Massachusetts are already getting a divorce after only a year or so. I don't know their deal, nor yours, nor is it any of my business. It's between you and your spouse.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I oppose that...

vraiblonde said:
And, hey, if the dog can sign the marriage certificate under its own power, let it get married. :shrug:

...in principle. I fear that would lead to a ruff relationship.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's a good point...

gumbo said:
Answer this one. We call Alcoholism a disease because it links to compulsive disorders. But yet we don't want to refer to Homosexuality as a disease or a disorder?
We don't need alcohol or sex to sustain a happy life..I can't believe my redneck azz just said that! But it is true.

...and maybe you ought to reflect on it.

There are plenty of marriages where actually having sex is rare or even non-existent. Does that make them non-heterosexual?

You seem to be very focused on gay SEX, not gay marriage. If you are married you know damn effing well there is a HELL of alot more to marriage than sex.

Does it really bother you if two women do laundry and shop together? Deal with the bills? Clean the house? If one guy is off to the shop to get the oil changed and the other is getting dinner ready, is that really something that you want stopped?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Twisting and shouting right along...

gumbo said:
Better yet answer this one
Sodomy and Fellatio is illegal, consensual or not in the state of Maryland.
Why is that? If there is nothing wrong with homosexuality.

And yet another.. with sodomy and fellatio being illegal in Maryland, how can Maryland issue a legal marriage license to two men?

...uhm...to do this delicately...have you ever...well...gotten...uh...received a...well...hell with it; Anyone ever lick your love pump? Did you...enjoy it? Do we need to be calling the authorities here?

And what's with the sex thing? A marriage license has nothing to do with sex. When you're in the mood and Mrs. Gumbo ain't, do you waive your marriage license in her face in order to get her in the mood? How does that work for you?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Come on baby...

gumbo said:
But I guess we should change laws and our moral views of right and wrong so we can all learn to except un natural sex acts that people do to one another. Oh and lets give it a happy name too... we will call it GAY.

Now let me see ya twist out of this.

...let's do the twist!

Why do you think, after nearly 90 years from the begining of our country, we fought a civil war over the rights of black people? Did we change our laws and moral views? Wrongly? How about the 19th amendment? Who's the nit wit who decided we had to change our laws and moral views about women voting? What if they vote for gay marriage!?

Twist, twist...

bdh802

Bob
vraiblonde said:
Larry! Find something to do! :smack:

I was going to suggest the same thing a little while ago but didn't want to upset Larry anymore that he already is. It's O.K. Larry. It's O.K. :huggy: Go outside! It's a beautiful day.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
bdh...

bdh802 said:
I was going to suggest the same thing a little while ago but didn't want to upset Larry anymore that he already is. It's O.K. Larry. It's O.K. :huggy: Go outside! It's a beautiful day.

...with all his ravings, gumbo has been far more interesting and fun to talk about this than you have.

Thanks for the hug but, I gotta be honest, it felt...icky.

bdh802

Bob
Larry Gude said:
...with all his ravings, gumbo has been far more interesting and fun to talk about this than you have.

:bawl:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Larry Gude said:
...the US Constitution and Bill of Rights are documents limiting the power and scope of government, not the people. Every single right listed are RIGHTS of the people that the government may not violate.

Exactly my point. :yay:

Larry Gude said:
...anti bestiality laws and in full favor of limiting gay marriage to two consenting adults.

While I see nothing intrinsically wrong with consensual polygamy, I think laws against polygamy are defensible. That's because polygamy has historically not been consensual. It usually involves exploitation, often of very young girls. Warren Jeffs and his predecessors are slaveowners passing themselves off as polygamists.

With bestiality and pedophilia, government has a compelling interest in protecting innocent beings from the brutalization of rape. The victims aren't capable of giving consent.

I see nothing wrong with adult consensual monogamous homosexuality. I acknowledge that some might disagree, but I don't understand why they believe it's wrong. Is it because those people believe that every human has a responsibility to society to reproduce, a belief that I don't share?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

Tonio said:
Exactly my point. :yay: While I see nothing intrinsically wrong with consensual polygamy, I think laws against polygamy are defensible. That's because polygamy has historically not been consensual. It usually involves exploitation, often of very young girls. Warren Jeffs and his predecessors are slaveowners passing themselves off as polygamists.

With bestiality and pedophilia, government has a compelling interest in protecting innocent beings from the brutalization of rape. The victims aren't capable of giving consent.

I see nothing wrong with adult consensual monogamous homosexuality. I acknowledge that some might disagree, but I don't understand why they believe it's wrong. Is it because those people believe that every human has a responsibility to society to reproduce, a belief that I don't share?

...but I'd as as far as poly goes, limiting the number of people that may be party to a contract is also another defensible argument. That is a matter of practicality, not discrimination. In other words, one may be party to marriage, thus no discrimination but only two at a time.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
While we're on the subject, what exactly is the purpose of of a marriage license. In the eyes of religions, your married when they say you are. Other than financial reasons (IRS) why should the government be involved in the process at all. I realize that there is a short list of government demands such as number of people involved and their age, but does that warrant licensing or just a quick check of a database or two.

bdh802

Bob
Larry Gude said:

Where are you this evening Larry? I hope you are working the evening shift and you are not out there cheating on me. :kiss: lol.

Don't get mad. I'm just throwing a little humor in here. Play along and have a laugh :killingme