People Can’t Drive!

PeoplesElbow

The big problem is people turning across traffic thinking they have the arrow. I found the arrow behavior is not consistent. One morning it's a leading arrow, a couple weeks later there is no arrow before the through traffic goes green.

glhs837

Power with Control
When I was at a really dark point in my life, considered running my vehicle at top speed into a bridge abutment, never once considered hurting anyone else. That was almost 20 years ago.

Reminds of a short story I read years ago, guy got carjacked, this was before carjacking was a word. Once he knows what's up, he starts losing it, its the last straw, lost his job, wife left him, dog pissed on his leg on the way out the door. While hes laying it on, he enters the freeway and gets up to speed. Jacker gets nervous, starts getting antsy with the knife. Our hero tells him he s gonna hit the next over pass with the passenger side first. Gets guy to throw out the knife and e might do it drivers side first. Jacker tosses knife, begs to be let out the car......Hero does that, then leave him on the inside of the highway to play frogger while he goes to call the cops.

See my post #224
That intersection should not be a problem as far as visibility and traffic control. The problem is with the crappy driving of the people who use it!
Shouldn't be, yet it is. Last time I sought specific crash data from the locals, I was told it wasnt organized that way, if I was willing to pay a huge processing fee for man-hours, they could pull the data. That was just running red light crashes.

But I think anyone who pays attention knows this intersection has more crashes than any other in the county. So, if there isnt an engineering prblem, yet the crashes continue, guess what. You still have an engineering problem Restrict that left turn onto Hermanville to its own arrow. Squeeze two lanes on the east/west roads so they get dedicated left turn lanes and lights.

I know. And there will be more when the Family Dollar opens and people turn across multiple lanes of traffic to enter/leave. We already have that problem with the gas station at the corner. People stop in the leftmost north bound lane of 235 to make a left turn across a double yellow line, two turn lanes and a southbound through lane. Always a great idea to stop in a 50MPH lane to make an illegal turn. I've had a northbound idiot swerve into the southbound turn lane to pass the illegal turn idiot on the left. Plus we have the idiots exiting the gas station making a left turn to go northbound on 235 - that means turning across three lanes of traffic and that same double yellow line into a 50MPH lane.

Idea to stop this crap - close the entrance/exit to the gas station on 235 and make everyone use the entrance/exit on Hermanville Road.

You dont need to close it, just put up those plastic barrier strips you can drive through at need. About 15 feet on the southbound lane out of the as station. And in the centerline on 235 to prevent the left turning jack asses.

Bad Intersection lines.jpg

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I know. And there will be more when the Family Dollar opens and people turn across multiple lanes of traffic to enter/leave. We already have that problem with the gas station at the corner. People stop in the leftmost north bound lane of 235 to make a left turn across a double yellow line, two turn lanes and a southbound through lane. Always a great idea to stop in a 50MPH lane to make an illegal turn. I've had a northbound idiot swerve into the southbound turn lane to pass the illegal turn idiot on the left. Plus we have the idiots exiting the gas station making a left turn to go northbound on 235 - that means turning across three lanes of traffic and that same double yellow line into a 50MPH lane.

Idea to stop this crap - close the entrance/exit to the gas station on 235 and make everyone use the entrance/exit on Hermanville Road.
That’s going to be a big nothing burger compared to the cluster **** coming with Royal Farms at gate 2.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Is anybody else on here linked to Facebook’s Southern MD crap drivers?

Some of the dash cam video is unbelievable.
No, but it's gotten to the point and numbers where if it happens to me or in front of me, I just shrug, say 'there goes another' and get back to my own driving. They will continue to drive like idiots as long as there is no enforcement.

And it really pains me to take an attitude like that.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
No, but it's gotten to the point and numbers where if it happens to me or in front of me, I just shrug, say 'there goes another' and get back to my own driving. They will continue to drive like idiots as long as there is no enforcement.

And it really pains me to take an attitude like that.
I don’t know how there’s not more accidents down here than there are.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And when there are, they are rollovers. That I don't get....
I’m trying to figure out who taught some of them down here stop in the right lane of the highway to make a right turn into a driveway.

glhs837

Power with Control
Is anybody else on here linked to Facebook’s Southern MD crap drivers?

Some of the dash cam video is unbelievable.

Yep, I'm on there, but since its too much of a pain to download the video from mine, I dont share the take.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hey. I am NOT going in the ditch to make that right hand turn into my son's, so just get off my ass. I do have the right to slow wayyyyy down to make that turn.
Everything is dependent, of course. Nobody is expecting someone to be unsafe. Here's a section of 5 not far from the private road I live off of. Unless you are driving a longbed pickup, none of these driveways need you to stay in the travel lane to make the turn. Yet every day, people will slow in the travel lane to make the turn from there.

Is this a huge thing, no. But it is annoying.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hey. I am NOT going in the ditch to make that right hand turn into my son's, so just get off my ass. I do have the right to slow wayyyyy down to make that turn.
On that stretch of the road, you're better off hitting that driveway as straight as you can. Let them slow down.