Pit bulls and your opinion

What is your opinion regarding Pit bulls

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LateApex

I was attacked by a freaking lab retriever when I was young which required 7 stitches in my arm. This happened at the age of 8.

Till this day I hate those dogs.

But, now I realize it wasn't the dogs fault. It was the way it was treated.

The dog wasn't socialized. The dog was kept in a yard all day with no human contact. The dog was probably beaten.

Do I blame the breed as a whole?

No.

I blame the owner.

All dog owners have to be responsible. An cognizant of the fact that dogs are animals and need to be treated as such...

tommyjones

I was attacked by a freaking lab retriever when I was young which required 7 stitches in my arm. This happened at the age of 8.

Till this day I hate those dogs.

But, now I realize it wasn't the dogs fault. It was the way it was treated.

The dog wasn't socialized. The dog was kept in a yard all day with no human contact. The dog was probably beaten.

Do I blame the breed as a whole?

No.

I blame the owner.

All dog owners have to be responsible. An cognizant of the fact that dogs are animals and need to be treated as such...

hears a couple of questions for ya.
would you still be hear had the dog been a pit? how many stitches do you estimate you would have need then?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 75

LateApex

hears a couple of questions for ya.
would you still be hear had the dog been a pit? how many stitches do you estimate you would have need then?

How about if the dog was a German Shepard?

I wonder what would have happened if it was a Rottie...

What if it were a Bull Mastiff?

How about if it were a Cane Corso?

How about if it were a deranged drug dealing psychopath?

Your questions are irrelevant to my post.

It wasn't a pitbull.

It was a Lab Ret..

tommyjones

How about if the dog was a German Shepard?

I wonder what would have happened if it was a Rottie...

What if it were a Bull Mastiff?

How about if it were a Cane Corso?

How about if it were a deranged drug dealing psychopath?

Your questions are irrelevant to my post.

It wasn't a pitbull.

It was a Lab Ret..

it was a what if.

and the fact that you dont want to answer proves a point. An attack by an equally vicious pit would have caused a lot more damage.

LateApex

it was a what if.

and the fact that you dont want to answer proves a point. An attack by an equally vicious pit would have caused a lot more damage.

It doesn't prove any point.

The facts at hand are:

It was a lab retriever that attacked me.

We can't definitively say whether an APBT would have caused more damage or not. We could argue physiology/anatomy all day. It still wouldn't prove a thing.

The point that was made, however, is that any dog, any breed can attack if not properly cared for...

tommyjones

It doesn't prove any point.

The facts at hand are:

It was a lab retriever that attacked me.

We can't definitively say whether an APBT would have caused more damage or not. We could argue physiology/anatomy all day. It still wouldn't prove a thing.

The point that was made, however, is that any dog, any breed can attack if not properly cared for...

and the other point that has been made ad nauseum is that pit bulls do indeed have a different physiology and that they were indeed breed to be vicious dogs who will latch on (i know the locking jaw isn't really all that locking) and relentlessly attack, not so much as a prey instinct but more as a kill instinct.

LateApex

and the other point that has been made ad nauseum is that pit bulls do indeed have a different physiology and that they were indeed breed to be vicious dogs who will latch on (i know the locking jaw isn't really all that locking) and relentlessly attack, not so much as a prey instinct but more as a kill instinct.

From this point forth your posts are completely irrelevant.

APBT's are no different physiologically OR anatomically than any other breed.

Do you actually read your posts before hitting submit?

tommyjones

From this point forth your posts are completely irrelevant.

APBT's are no different physiologically OR anatomically than any other breed.

Do you actually read your posts before hitting submit?

most retarded thing EVER!!!

while they are all dogs, the fact that we can separate out breeds means that they are physiologically different. Labs are different from pins, from collies, from pits.....

didn't do too well in science class did ya

LateApex

most retarded thing EVER!!!

while they are all dogs, the fact that we can separate out breeds means that they are physiologically different. Labs are different from pins, from collies, from pits.....

didn't do too well in science class did ya

No.. That is not what separates species my friend...

Traits and characteristics is what separates them.

I took many many classes - was pre-med before settling on comp sci...

Physiology is the study of living organisms form and function - of how the body works.

All dogs are physiologically the same. If they originated from a single species - traits and characteristics may have changed over the course of evolution - but the fact remains their bodies behave exactly the same.

You didn't get much out of school did you?

LateApex

Physiology is the study of living organisms form and function - of how the body works.

All dogs are physiologically the same. If they originated from a single species - traits and characteristics may have changed over the course of evolution - but the fact remains their bodies behave exactly the same.

addendum: genetic variability is what separates dogs or other species. But, they all have the same underlying physiological functions...

tommyjones

wow, so a lab and a mini pin and a great dane all have the same phsiology, and the differences are NOT what separates the breeds?:faint:

maybe you should check into the AKC standards. they give very distinct physical descriptions of the breed standards. It is the PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES that are used to determine breed.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
wow, so a lab and a mini pin and a great dane all have the same phsiology, and the differences are NOT what separates the breeds?:faint:

maybe you should check into the AKC standards. they give very distinct physical descriptions of the breed standards. It is the PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES that are used to determine breed.

:lmao:

LateApex

Yes!!

Physical characteristics. Physical traits.

But, the underlying cellular principles remain the same.

Their muscles behave the same way. They see the same way. Taste the same way. Articulate body parts the same way. etc...

You really shouldn't post about things you don't know. It really makes you look foolish...

tommyjones

Yes!!

Physical characteristics. Physical traits.

But, the underlying cellular principles remain the same.

Their muscles behave the same way. They see the same way. Taste the same way. Articulate body parts the same way. etc...

You really shouldn't post about things you don't know. It really makes you look foolish...

keep splitin' hairs......

LateApex

Do you even know what physiology is?

All humans are the same.. Like all dogs.

Physiologically we are no different from each other.

Our physical traits and characteristics may be different.

i.e. eye color, skin color etc.

But we all are the same physiologically...