Pit bulls and your opinion

What is your opinion regarding Pit bulls

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
If you actually look at the videos, people put smart azz titles on there for people like you.
People like me huh? You mean people with common sense who go by facts, not emotion?

Dawn,

Do you REALLY think you can win here? You can't. Want me to post some real attack videos????

For every "lovable" video you post, I can post 2 of a mauling. Picture your son in one of those videos then come back to defend them.

T

toppick08

:deadhorse:Any animal can be dangerous.

I would never leave a small child alone with any animal, because you never know what will happen. I think chiuhuaha's are nasty aggressive little bite machines. :shrug:

Let's just ban every frickin' thing.

I'm gonna ban myself from reading anymore NHboy, Jpc, Green Hornet, Bluebird, Pinggerr, and ----renter threads.

:slam:

Thank God I'm not included.......:huggy:

tommyjones

:deadhorse:Any animal can be dangerous.

I would never leave a small child alone with any animal, because you never know what will happen. I think chiuhuaha's are nasty aggressive little bite machines. :shrug:

Let's just ban every frickin' thing.

I'm gonna ban myself from reading anymore NHboy, Jpc, Green Hornet, Bluebird, Pinggerr, and ----renter threads.

:slam:

wow, a superretarded post......

i mean pits and chiuhuahas have exactly the same potential to kill you, right?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Pit bulls and your... 02-25-2008 03:33 PM Many dogs are misrepresented, they aren't pits that attack but may look like one...so folks assume its a pit...but it wasn't...it was a cane corso, or mastiff, etc...

Pit bulls and your... 02-25-2008 03:22 PM ok there bud. We know you are a hater of all that is not white and american. List grows with pits i see

Welp, here's what we're dealing with.... :killingme

I dunno about you but I ALWAYS confuse a mastiff with a pitbull.... :killingme

May your children live to see tomorrow. If not, the gene pool is balanced. :biggrin:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Pit bulls and your... 02-25-2008 03:33 PM Many dogs are misrepresented, they aren't pits that attack but may look like one...so folks assume its a pit...but it wasn't...it was a cane corso, or mastiff, etc...

That one's from pixie.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I have a greater fear of people than I do of any animal. you took my analogy too literally. That doesn't mean I'd have a pitbull around my kids. They are not a dog I personally would choose to have sharing space with something smaller and weaker. Same reason why I wouldn't let my son in a stall with an unattended horse.

I have been around pits before, all were nice. I would not own one.

The whining, bandwagon dipsticks probably have something better to b*tch about, that's all I'm saying. It's as worn out a topic as abortion and gun control.

MYOFB.
As for being superretarded, the bar was raised when you arrived on the boards.. :W:

Thanks for nothin':neener:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
It was just a guess. That's what she always says.
I know the Pixter loves her dogs and that's cool.

I hate reading the stories when kids are attacked by the "harmless" family pitt who plays with ducks and kittens.

Last edited:

slik

Are you suggesting that 20 years of study by the CDC is inaccurate or misleading?

YES - and here is the court papers stating so:
Punish the Deed, not the Breed!

"Municipal Court Judge, Francis X. Gorman (7-8-2004 Toledo, OH) stated: “Obviously the ratio of dog bites per dog versus dog population seemingly would be relevant in this case. However, as pointed out by Dr. Peter Borchelt, the number of dog bites, “the numerator” as he calls it, is irrelevant without having exact statistics as to “the denominator”, the number of dogs in existence. Candidly, this court feels that much of this statistical information, as will be seen is irrelevant. Pit Bulls do not cause the most bites in the United States. Certainly the bites of mixed breed dogs far exceed those of the Pit Bull because there are many more mixed breed dogs than Pit Bulls. Moreover, even local statistics indicate that, for example, the Chow bites more frequently than the Pit Bull.”

Dog Bite Statistics compiles by Ms. Jade, TheDogPress Reporter

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
We have one of those too but he's more predictable than the pit mixes. With him it's obvious when he's agitated or ready to attack something. The pit mixes fly off the handle for no apparent reason and with no warning at all.

I have a chocolate lab as a foster and he has a few issues from his original owners, you have to control him - he is far more unpredictable than the pits I have, I can read their body language, but not his.

I would have more pits than labs to foster any day.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
I think they are beautiful animals. They are smart, loyal dogs. I would own one, if I didn't have any other animals or kids in the house, and I'd never trust it around anyone else.

I'd treat the Pit the same way I'd treat a German Shephard or Rottie. I love the dogs, but I'd treat them as such, and trust only the fact that it'd only take one time for them to be agitated to the point of snapping, to severely harm someone else.

These are dogs. There is not a single dog on the face of the earth that has gone through it's entire life without having made someone, at some point say "Why the hell did he/she do THAT?" Could be anything from tearing up your shoe, crapping on the floor in front of a room full of guests, to maming another human or animal. They are dogs.

Experienced pit people always say "never trust a pit not to fight". My group of dogs that get along are never left alone, they are fine outside playing, but even then I keep my eyes and ears open as play can get too excited and just like kids on a playground, someone will get pissy.

slik

I know the Pixter loves her dogs and that's cool.

I hate reading the stories when kids are attacked by the "harmless" family pitt who plays with ducks and kittens.

What are you clssifying as pit bull ? Pit bull is not a specific breed. Rather, it is a kind of dog, a generic catchall like hound or retriever. The breeds most commonly referred to as pit bulls are the American Staffordshire terrier, which is the term used by the American Kennel Club, and the American pit bull terrier, the term used by the United Kennel Club.

Sick of the pit bull stories ?
BABY MAULED BY POMERANIAN DIES
BABY MAULED BY POMERANIAN DIES.(News) - Daily News (Los Angeles, CA) - HighBeam Research

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
I have a serious question for my karma giver:

"All I have to see is the disfigured face and arm of a little boy who attends my son's school. He almost died from a pack attack (two pits and an english bulldog) who ventured onto his property and attacked him. Kill all the pits is my vote."​

I hate that thought, I honestly do, but what about the english bulldog? If he was involved that dog is every bit as guilty as the pits were.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
What are you clssifying as pit bull ? Pit bull is not a specific breed. Rather, it is a kind of dog, a generic catchall like hound or retriever. The breeds most commonly referred to as pit bulls are the American Staffordshire terrier, which is the term used by the American Kennel Club, and the American pit bull terrier, the term used by the United Kennel Club.

That should pretty much take care of the argument "they aren't pits that attack but may look like one...so folks assume its a pit...but it wasn't...it was a cane corso, or mastiff, etc".

That would lead me to believe that any dog in this "catch all" should be cause for concern.

Your not helping, but I do agree, they all have pretty much the same temperament.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
That should pretty much take care of the argument "they aren't pits that attack but may look like one...so folks assume its a pit...but it wasn't...it was a cane corso, or mastiff, etc".

That would lead me to believe that any dog in this "catch all" should be cause for concern.

Your not helping, but I do agree, they all have pretty much the same temperament.

Pure and simple, strong breeds of dogs require RESPONSIBLE and strong owners.