Pitt Bull Mix attacks 5 year old

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
HunterJJD said:
Well she is out of a job, her pet will be killed in ten days, and will have a law suit or two to deal with because the newpaper had to publish that her "pit" attacked this kid, not bite, not hung a tooth into but ATTACKED
Certainly you are kidding, right? :confused:

Are you actually trying to get us to feel sorry for the woman and the dog instead of the child that the dog attacked?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
vraiblonde said:

Are you actually trying to get us to feel sorry for the woman and the dog instead of the child that the dog attacked?

I am sorry that the kid got attacked, but I agree to a good extent on what was said... It is the truth....

HunterJJD

vraiblonde said:

I do not want nothing till full story is out. And the joy of this world, you will never know the full story. If there is a buck to be mad the the truth does not matter

"child that the dog attacked" I want to see it, where it was attacked, "To fall upon with force; to assail, as with force and arms; to assault." or if the kid was bit "To seize with the teeth, so that they enter or nip the thing seized; to lacerate, crush, or wound with the teeth;"

The whole story is not out, it already sounds funny and you will not see anymore about it on the news. It has made its claim and sold the papers. If it is wrong the truth will not come out

JD

HunterJJD

HunterJJD said:
I do not want nothing till full story is out. And the joy of this world, you will never know the full story. If there is a buck to be mad the the truth does not matter

"child that the dog attacked" I want to see it, where it was attacked, "To fall upon with force; to assail, as with force and arms; to assault." or if the kid was bit "To seize with the teeth, so that they enter or nip the thing seized; to lacerate, crush, or wound with the teeth;"

The whole story is not out, it already sounds funny and you will not see anymore about it on the news. It has made its claim and sold the papers. If it is wrong the truth will not come out

JD

Sorry, they answered it for me
"The dog bit the child on the left side of the head, partially biting off the child’s ear" how does "a bite" turn into a attack

Never seen a dog walk up to someone and bite them, now a person or kid walk up to a dog and with in seconds they get bite, YES. Dog was provoked. I am sorry the kid has to pay the price for the rest of his life. But the dog does also, the ten days it has left.

Now to bring on another fight, dogs and daycare together. I do not like that at all

JD

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
HunterJJD said:
a person or kid walk up to a dog and with in seconds they get bite, YES. Dog was provoked.
I'll have to disagree with that. Walking up to a dog shouldn't be considered provocation. Walking up to a dog and smacking it, yes, but just walking up? No. My aunt had a mean ass chow, and he bit people that just walked up to him. But that was because he was mean, you didn't have to pick a fight with him. I do agree that until we know the whole story, we can't assume the dog attacked/bit without being provoked, but it shouldn't matter. A little girl got hurt, and that's sad.
Now to bring on another fight, dogs and daycare together. I do not like that at all
I disagree with that as well, because it's too much of a generalization. My son's babysitter had a little lapdog mutt, and she was the sweetest thing ever. I think him being exposed to her has made him more responsible in dealing with our much bigger dog.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
HunterJJD said:
Never seen a dog walk up to someone and bite them,
You're kidding??? I've seen it several times. I was bitten by a dog that literally jumped up from where it was laying and ran over to bite me - I was doing nothing to this dog.

I had a friend whose "gentle darling" pitbull went after their toddler - the kid was all the way across the yard from this dog, who was dozing under a tree.

My aforementioned dog would go after people with no provocation other than the human happened to be in "his space", which included everything he could see, hear or smell.

People who defend these aggressive dogs by saying somehow the child "provoked" the attack just flabbergast me. If you're going to have your dog around children, the dog shouldn't attack just because a kid is too noisy or approaches it.

The owner should be held completely liable for allowing an aggressive dog around her daycare kids.

HunterJJD

Nickel said:
I'll have to disagree with that. Walking up to a dog shouldn't be considered provocation. Walking up to a dog and smacking it, yes, but just walking up? No. My aunt had a mean ass chow, and he bit people that just walked up to him. But that was because he was mean, you didn't have to pick a fight with him. I do agree that until we know the whole story, we can't assume the dog attacked/bit without being provoked, but it shouldn't matter. A little girl got hurt, and that's sad.

I disagree with that as well, because it's too much of a generalization. My son's babysitter had a little lapdog mutt, and she was the sweetest thing ever. I think him being exposed to her has made him more responsible in dealing with our much bigger dog.

I did not fully explain the first part, but we are saying the same.

As for the daycare. I agree with you but WAY to many cases to explore to make sure the kids are 100% safe. But I would like to think to make the dogs safe from defending them selves from the kids

Jameo

What?!
vraiblonde said:
The owner should be held completely liable for allowing an aggressive dog around her daycare kids.

Dogs and daycares should be a :nono: regardless of what kinda dog it is.

HunterJJD

vraiblonde said:
You're kidding??? I've seen it several times. I was bitten by a dog that literally jumped up from where it was laying and ran over to bite me - I was doing nothing to this dog.

I had a friend whose "gentle darling" pitbull went after their toddler - the kid was all the way across the yard from this dog, who was dozing under a tree.

My aforementioned dog would go after people with no provocation other than the human happened to be in "his space", which included everything he could see, hear or smell.

People who defend these aggressive dogs by saying somehow the child "provoked" the attack just flabbergast me. If you're going to have your dog around children, the dog shouldn't attack just because a kid is too noisy or approaches it.

I was bitten by a dog that literally jumped up from where it was laying and ran over to bite me - I was doing nothing to this dog.

Not buying that one unless you were just walking in Gumbo's junk yard

I had a friend whose "gentle darling" pitbull went after their toddler - the kid was all the way across the yard from this dog, who was dozing under a tree

Now this one, once again you would have never remembered the story unless it was a pittbull

Now, go and see what breed of dogs are accounted for the most bites

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Let me say this, I’m not representing myself as knowing all the facts of this particular attack but this happened in my sister’s neighborhood so I’m retelling this story second hand.

First, its not a daycare, the family was babysitting the 5 year old for the day - their 5 year old and the bitten 5 year old are best friends. They had all gone out either to dinner or shopping and returned home and the parents were unloading the car and the kids let themselves into the house. Unfortunately, the bitten 5 year old entered the house first and it is supposed that the dog not recognizing her as “family” attacked her. A good portion of her ear was torn off and the dog also bit her face - on her cheek. There is nothing that can be done about the ear however, doctors are worried about the muscle under the cheek.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Jameo said:
I may agree with that. In this day and age, you can't trust people to be responsible with their animals, and you've got to protect your kids.

My daughter was mauled by a dog when she was 8 or 9. The dog was eating and she went over by it - not teasing it or anything, should have been no big deal. The dog had never bitten anyone before but it was an older dog and his eyesight was going. Or maybe the dog just "snapped" - who knows? But my friend (the dog's owner) felt horrible and had the dog put down the next day to prevent more "accidents". Her two kids saw the whole thing and it scared the hell out of them - blood all over the place. They put up no fuss about the dog being put down.

So when I get on here and see people defending animals that attack, it makes me want to lock my kids and myself in the house and never go out. At some point we need to have common sense when it comes to pet ownership.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
HunterJJD said:
Not buying that one unless you were just walking in Gumbo's junk yard
I don't care what you believe. That is in fact what happened.

Now this one, once again you would have never remembered the story unless it was a pittbull
I didn't have to "remember" the story - I was sitting right there when it happened and I'll never forget it.

Sorry to say, but you have your head up your ass when it comes to dog attacks.

And most pitbull owners are in complete denial about their dog's capabilities. If there's a story about some Pomeranian that attacks a child, they believe it wholeheartedly. But if the attacking dog happens to be a pitbull, they'll make up all sorts of stories about how it "couldn't have happened that way" and how the kid must have provoked the dog in some fashion.

HunterJJD

vraiblonde said:
I may agree with that. In this day and age, you can't trust people to be responsible with their animals, and you've got to protect your kids.

My daughter was mauled by a dog when she was 8 or 9. The dog was eating and she went over by it - not teasing it or anything, should have been no big deal. The dog had never bitten anyone before but it was an older dog and his eyesight was going. Or maybe the dog just "snapped" - who knows? But my friend (the dog's owner) felt horrible and had the dog put down the next day to prevent more "accidents". Her two kids saw the whole thing and it scared the hell out of them - blood all over the place. They put up no fuss about the dog being put down.

So when I get on here and see people defending animals that attack, it makes me want to lock my kids and myself in the house and never go out. At some point we need to have common sense when it comes to pet ownership.

You do not get near ANY dog when it is eating. I do not care what dog or who's. I got my azz chewed up by a dog when I was little, pinned down and bitten. It was my fault PERIOD

HunterJJD

vraiblonde said:
Sorry to say, but you have your head up your ass when it comes to dog attacks.

You know the web, look it up. I can not say how I know for this area, but look it up. It is out there

As for my head up my azz, how can you tell, everyone has always told me they look the same that you could never tell

I am driving home now, so don't think because I do not reply that I backed down. See you in a few hours :love:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
HunterJJD said:
You do not get near ANY dog when it is eating.
I can put my hand IN my dog's bowl while he's eating and he doesn't bat an eyelash. He eats in the kitchen, and we're often in the kitchen when he's doing so. I've been told, by dog trainers, that a properly trained dog should never attack someone over its food. CAN it? Of course, it's a dog. Should it be condoned? Absolutely not.

Jameo said:
We have a Britney Spaniel. Wife does daycare. No problems. Our dog is the most submissive dog ever. If he is in his bed, and a cat/kid/adult walks within 3 feet of it, he will get up and go lay somewhere else because he assumes the cat/kid/adult wants his bed. If a baby crawls over to the dog, the dog will roll over on back to get belly rubs and show submission. We have even had babies pulling on his hair, and I mean hard, and all he does it yelp, get up and walk away from the baby.

That being said, the dog spends its day either out back on the dog run, or laying at the top of the basement steps behind the baby gate.

Our cats are more of a danger to kids than the dog. Cat #1 is declawed, and it's a good thing. She does not like little kids. She smacks the sh!t out of stuff all the time when annoyed (our dog is constantly getting smacked by her). She still has her hind claws and teeth, and knows how to use them. Cat #2 has his claws. He does not claw anything.
That being said, the cats can usually be found wherever there are no daycare kids. They do not like being around them.

Nickel said:
I can put my hand IN my dog's bowl while he's eating and he doesn't bat an eyelash. He eats in the kitchen, and we're often in the kitchen when he's doing so. I've been told, by dog trainers, that a properly trained dog should never attack someone over its food. CAN it? Of course, it's a dog. Should it be condoned? Absolutely not.
:yeahthat: Mine is the same way. In fact, if he is eating, and anybody comes near his bowl, he gets up and walks into his crate and waits for us to leave the area of his bowl so he can go back to it and eat in peace.

If I thought for a second that there was a chance of my dog biting a kid, I would no longer have the dog.