Pizza Boli's Mechanicsville should be shut down

luvmygdaughters

BJ's has a packaged prosciutto that I always use to make prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Very thinly sliced with waxed paper between each slice. I just cut each slice in half lengthwise and use one half to wrap each stalk. I've tried to have delis cut it this thin but it turns out a mess. :lol:

There is an authentic Italian grocery/deli in District Heights. They have real Italian lunch meat. They bake their own bread, their Italian subs are to die for!!! Gallo's is the name of the place. Been in the same spot for at least 40 years that I know of.

BernieP

Resident PIA
My best friend in high school was a beer and pizza delivery boy At 16.
:killingme my friend had a beer distribution business when he was 17, it just wasn't a legal business :)

Don't know what the laws are or like I said insurance. But I highly doubt a franchise owner is going to risk losing their investment by using a minor in violation of the law or insurance company policy.

Goldenhawk

The whole thing sounds fishy, I'm sure the "authorities" that were reported to would have acted if there were any criminal misconduct going on; and doubtful corporate office would say, "yes, we've gotten several complaints". If i owned that business i'd get a lawyer if someone was making serious allegations against my business that were a bunch of BS.
Yeah, I'm just waiting for this thread to disappear when Pizza Boli's lawyer brings a lawsuit alleging defamation or libel by the original poster. She'd better have an awful good lawyer of her own.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ha. Nope. 772 is License to point out Hypocrites and Morons :yay:

:chuckles:

jrt_ms1995

When I turned 16 I got my driver's license and went to work for the local pharmacy.

At 16 I got my driver's license and went to work driving an elementary school bus (long, not short); that's how it was in N.C. in the '70s. Close to $100/month was good money!
:shortbus:

And I've never seen these mysterious Pizza Boli places under discussion here.

FettZilla

What is going on with that place? The business has been changed so many times. Can't seem to keep it simple.

mitzi

What is going on with that place? The business has been changed so many times. Can't seem to keep it simple.

Personally, I think it's the location. I knew two of the previous people running it and the food was good and they had regular customers. I think people are flying down the highway and just don't stop or turn around to come back.

This establishment is a degrace!! Do not eat here!

What kind of establishment requires MINORS to illegally make deliveries? Also allows employees to sustain verbal sexual assult AND thinks it's ok for employees to phyically fight other employees in the place of business, punching them in the face and that girl is still employed there? So I guess they dont frown upon workplace violence either. I thought it was bad enough they pay BELOW minimum wage and under the table, not providing a pay stub, as that is illegal in it's own right. I was also told they have unlicensed felons making deliveries. They are a joke and I will be reporting them to EVERY authority until they are shut down and letting all my friends & family know what kind of business this is . Please let your friends and family know this is NOT a place to support. I should have NEVER allowed my child to work here, so shame on me.
I am a minor (17 yr old) who is currently working at Pizza Bolis in Mechanicsville and I am not required to make deliveries. I am also the only minor who is or has ever been employed at Pizza Bolis in Mechanicsville since it opened in October about a month ago. Any concerns I have had have been brought to the attention of the managers & they have taken care of it. I find this to be a very misleading post considering you have conveniently provided no explanation for the events which have occurred at this restaurant . When you are hired , the manager & yourself agree on an hourly wage or a salary pay. If you or your daughter have worked here then that would be a discussion with the manager and not on a public forum. I have found Pizza Boils to be a very great environment to learn how to communicate with customers in a friendly & mature way from a business perspective . In no way am I trying to bash you, I am just simply stating the facts as an employee who actually currently works there.

BernieP

Resident PIA
At 16 I got my driver's license and went to work driving an elementary school bus (long, not short); that's how it was in N.C. in the '70s. Close to $100/month was good money!
:shortbus:

And I've never seen these mysterious Pizza Boli places under discussion here.
I made probably a bit more than minimum wage at the Pharmacy. Sexism by the owner/pharmacist. The girls ran registers, the rest of the work, from taking out boxes, to getting stock out of the back, to cleaning the ice cream freezer and doing deliveries and the deposit were all mine.
It was a damn safe community, but he didn't want the girls out with money - we would get paid when we made the deliveries (in cash).

There are two locations of Pizza Boli in St. Mary's County, Mechanicsville (Have not seen it to give you a reference) and Lexington Park.
The Lexington Park store is near Dicks and Kohls. It may have taken over for the other pizza place that left.
But it's in the shopping center across from WaWa and Southern Maryland Toyota on 235