President of Pax River Raiders

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Could have fooled me! You wrote a damn book in this thread...:lmao:

Okay, I care because either:
Somebody is being accused of molesting kids and doesn't. Which is really petty behavior on behalf of the rumor mongers.
-or-
Somebody is molesting kids and the people who say they care about it, aren't doing anything about about it. Which is frightening.

So yeah, I guess I do care. Obviously more than these "Concerned" Parents. But since I don't have ANY facts, nor do I know any of the people involved, I personally cannot do a darn thing other than encourage people to get their facts straight and their act together.

sockgirl77

I invite anyone to call me and I will explain what I learned yesterday about Mr. Berg background check that was submitted by myself when he Coached for us with the Pax River Raiders and our NFL Flag Football program.

All I know about is the background, I have no idea what he was charged with or anything like that or will comment on any of that.

So please feel free to call me 410-610-8444.

Chris

What were the results of the background check Pixton ran?

He won't comment on it.

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
He never posted any of that info, just said people could call him.

But since Harold tells you the "truth" maybe you could ask him and let us know.

I have already spoken to him about the situation at hand. Since Pixton jumped on here to say he ran a background check and to call him for the results...I was interested in hearing what he had to say.

Like I said, regardless of what is being said, I am standing beside Harold and the Raiders.

sockgirl77

I have already spoken to him about the situation at hand. Since Pixton jumped on here to say he ran a background check and to call him for the results...I was interested in hearing what he had to say.

Like I said, regardless of what is being said, I am standing beside Harold and the Raiders.

Sure hope they've given the rest of the coaches background checks and that none of them are given waivers. :yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Okay, I care because either:
Somebody is being accused of molesting kids and doesn't. Which is really petty behavior on behalf of the rumor mongers.

What is it that you don't understand about the FACT that he admitted it?

MMDad

Lem Putt
What is it that YOU don't understand about the FACT that YOU aren't doing anything about it? :eyebrow:

He's already served his sentence. The only thing that can be done now would be to inform people. What do you think is going on here?

All of the protesting, letter writing, and complaining will not get him retroactively punished, so you can stop with this "you aren't being proactive" crap. You are being disingenious, kind of like saying that if you don't actively patrol the roads stopping drunk drivers you approve of drunk drivers. It's a silly argument to say that not doing the impossible is "not doing anything about it."

meatfist

What is it that YOU don't understand about the FACT that YOU aren't doing anything about it? :eyebrow:

I think you are wearing your blinders wrong.

You have repeatedly stated 'you're not doing anything about it' then in the same breath discounted what happened as a rumor. Its not a rumor it is fact. Just because you don't feel people are doing anything more than #####ing on a forum doesn't make it any less of a fact.

He 'served' the time deemed appropriate, at the time, for his crime. He shouldn't be around or in charge of a youth league, as per the County's rules. Now who do you go to when the county has already turned a blind eye to the situation? That is the part that confuses me. How do you go to the ones that are supposed to do something, when they have already proven they won't do the right thing.

itsrequired

Does Mitig have an agenda?

I think so. She said she was a journalism but show me where anybody accused this guy of being Jerry Sandusky.

I simply revealed the fact that victim's of sex offenses don't often come forward until someone else does.

The answer to the rape question is yes, according to the definition of the law, however he was not convicted of that because he was first charged with a lesser crime and then pled to a crime lesser than that.

You keep saying people need to do something about this, but then balk at the fact that people are spreading the word. This obviously was reported to the county because he used to be a coach and now can now that has been restricted.

You seem to excuse his behavior by citing relationships close to you. The difference being the ages of your parents are not illegal now and weren't then.

Working for an internet blog is not exactly journalism sweety.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I think so. She said she was a journalism but show me where anybody accused this guy of being Jerry Sandusky.

I simply revealed the fact that victim's of sex offenses don't often come forward until someone else does.

The answer to the rape question is yes, according to the definition of the law, however he was not convicted of that because he was first charged with a lesser crime and then pled to a crime lesser than that.

You keep saying people need to do something about this, but then balk at the fact that people are spreading the word. This obviously was reported to the county because he used to be a coach and now can now that has been restricted.

You seem to excuse his behavior by citing relationships close to you. The difference being the ages of your parents are not illegal now and weren't then.

Working for an internet blog is not exactly journalism sweety.
I'm going to guess that they pretty much had dick for a case and were happy to get him to admit to anything. If they would have had anything at all for evidence they would have gotten at least on the registry.

tom88

I'm going to guess that they pretty much had dick for a case and were happy to get him to admit to anything. If they would have had anything at all for evidence they would have gotten at least on the registry.

Often, in cases involving children and sex offenses, prosecutors will take a plea in order to prevent the victim to have to testify. Having reveiwed this for someone, I read the entire case, what was read into the record and the case was solid. He admitted it but got a nice deal in order to spare the victim a trial. Things have changed considerably in the last ten years, so much that the deal this guy got ten years ago would not be applicable had it be given today. If the situation occurred today, he would have had to register as a sex offender for life.

The case file is available at the Charles County Clerks office for your review.

In so far as people doing something about this, some have tried. There is nothing more that can be legally done.

itsrequired

I don't think I would plead guilty to anything if I didn't think they could prove it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I don't think I would plead guilty to anything if I didn't think they could prove it.
If you have the option to plead guilty with no consequences or going to trial with a 10% chance of being locked up for a long time, it begins to look like a good option.

tom88

If you have the option to plead guilty with no consequences or going to trial with a 10% chance of being locked up for a long time, it begins to look like a good option.

I had the opportunity to review this recently. You can check for yourself by getting the file, its public record. I can assure you he would have been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt for a crime far greater than the crime he pled to had this gone to trial.

The only problem in the case was the delicatness of the victim.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I had the opportunity to review this recently. You can check for yourself by getting the file, its public record. I can assure you he would have been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt for a crime far greater than the crime he pled to had this gone to trial.

The only problem in the case was the delicatness of the victim.

It's unlikely I'll ever know, mostly because I have zero desire to check the background of someone I've never met and probably will never meet. The response I gave still applies in just about all cases.