Question for the men...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
sleuth said:
You must have read it wrong. :ohwell:
Different roles does not mean inequality.

This is how a minister similar to my own explained the "submission" of the wife...

More reading... http://www.urc-msu.org/mp3/Husbands&Wives2.htm
No, I read it right - VERY right. I submit to no man and no man submits to me. Decisions in my life that AFFECT my life are MINE to make, either as a single person or as an equal partner in a relationship. I will NOT submit blindly to those being made for me because the Bible tells me that is my role in life. It is as I stated archaic and demeaning to women and I stand by my words.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
rack'm said:
and yet another good topic shot to hell with religion. :ohwell:
I'm not shooting it to hell...
I just wanted to point it out that the Christian way isn't "demeaning" at all. "Submit" means something very different to a Biblical God than it does today.

Anyway.. carry on... I'll leave the Bible out of it if no one wants to hear that perspective. I just believe that men were genetically programmed by God to like certain things about women, including physical attractiveness. :shrug:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
sleuth said:
You must have read it wrong. :ohwell:
Different roles does not mean inequality.

This is how a minister similar to my own explained the "submission" of the wife...

More reading... http://www.urc-msu.org/mp3/Husbands&Wives2.htm
:roflmao: Guess that's why I ain't married. What a bunch of crap - some man comes up to me and tells me I've been sinful and need to submit to him because he's sinful and needs to love me, is either going to get laughed at, thrown in the looney bin, or have the crap beat out of him. :loser:

Sorry Sleuth, but that's crap - leave the religion in the religion tread.

rack'm

Jaded
sleuth said:
I just wanted to point it out that the Christian way isn't "demeaning" at all.

Anyway.. carry on... I'll leave the Bible out of it if no one wants to hear that perspective. I just believe that men were genetically programmed by God to like certain things about women, including physical attractiveness. :shrug:

That didn't even last a whole sentence. :ohwell:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The bible, written by man, tell's us that women should choose to be submissive to men. BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA

BuddyLee

Football addict
jazz lady said:
No, I read it right - VERY right. I submit to no man and no man submits to me. Decisions in my life that AFFECT my life are MINE to make, either as a single person or as an equal partner in a relationship. I will NOT submit blindly to those being made for me because the Bible tells me that is my role in life. It is as I stated archaic and demeaning to women and I stand by my words.
While up in NYC, there were some brotha's in golden robes with a picture of Jesus laying on the side walk preaching to a group of women about this. A few of the women were yelling, I so wanted to join in on the fun but we were on the move.:ohwell:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
elaine said:
The bible, written by man, tell's us that women should choose to be submissive to men. BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA
That is EXACTLY my point. :yay: I think there are a lot of wonderful things in the Bible, but it was written by men in a totally different atmosphere than today and no longer apply.

ylexot

Super Genius
Sorry, but it's only being "shot to hell by religion" because people find it necessary to beat up sleuth for his beliefs. :ohwell:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
ylexot said:
Sorry, but it's only being "shot to hell by religion" because people find it necessary to beat up sleuth for his beliefs. :ohwell:

Ok, ok I'll let you smack my arse and call me Suzie. :spank:

rack'm

Jaded
ylexot said:

I disagree……he’s welcomed to his beliefs and religion, but there is no need to combine the two in this fashion.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
sleuth said:
I just wanted to point it out that the Christian way isn't "demeaning" at all. "Submit" means something very different to a Biblical God than it does today.

The did not start out as a Christian thread, you turned it into one.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
ylexot said:

Who's beating him up? :rolleyes: He's free to post his nonsense in the religious forums and we're all supposed to suck it up and keep our opinions to ourselves. If he doesn't want our opinions, then he should keep it in the religion forum. This was a perfectly civil discussion about relationships before he put his religious two cents in.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
RoseRed said:
Fact of the matter is this...
The question posed was something to the effect of why men are the way they are toward women. Why we feel the way we do about physical attraction.

My answer is simply this. Because that's the way we were designed.
That's what I believe.

Now, there could have been a hundred different answers to the original question. I answered with the one I believed.

If that makes it a Christian thread, it's your problem, not mine.

ylexot

Super Genius
rack'm said:
I disagree……he’s welcomed to his beliefs and religion, but there is no need to combine the two in this fashion.
In what fashion? Posting them on a forum? I saw him post his opinion and get attacked for it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
:yeahthat: If you want to discuss the Christian view, take it to the Religion forum. But Sleuth put it out here and I'm going to give MY opinion back.

For me personally, I find it offensive and totally demeaning towards women. Any woman who "submits" to her husband has lost not only her identity but her dignity.