Question for the men...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
migtig said:
And I don't know any healthy whole relationship where the woman is submissive - except where the couples play s&m games. Otherwise, if the relationship is healthy - she is a partner, an equal. Your submissive crap is crap. Believe whatever ya want - I don't care - but be careful some woman doesn't slam ya with a baseball bat when you order her to submit. :lmao:

BTW, any man thinking I need to submit to his will if I am not playing at S&M, is extremely unattractive to me. JMO
I would never order anyone to "submit". As I posted earlier, the command was from God to the wife, not from the husband to the wife. Submission is freely given, because God gives women "free will" to listen to his command or not.

I guess no one even bothered to read what I posted, they just saw the word "submit" and immediately assumed I was some kind of male chauvinist tyrant wife abuser.

BuddyLee

Football addict
migtig said:
And I don't know any healthy whole relationship where the woman is submissive - except where the couples play s&m games. Otherwise, if the relationship is healthy - she is a partner, an equal. Your submissive crap is crap. Believe whatever ya want - I don't care - but be careful some woman doesn't slam ya with a baseball bat when you order her to submit. :lmao:

BTW, any man thinking I need to submit to his will if I am not playing at S&M, is extremely unattractive to me. JMO
I'm wondering Slueth, is this how your relationship works?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
sleuth said:
I would never order anyone to "submit". As I posted earlier, the command was from God to the wife, not from the husband to the wife. Submission is freely given, because God gives women "free will" to listen to his command or not.

I guess no one even bothered to read what I posted, they just saw the word "submit" and immediately assumed I was some kind of male chauvinist tyrant wife abuser.
:lmao:
I read it and it sounds like this:
I am a man. You are a woman. Get naked and do what I tell you cause I am a man. I am a sinful man so I gotta love you. You is a sinful woman so ya gotta lay there and take it.
Really. It's the funniest bag of crap I have ever read. Offensive as heck, but funny. :roflmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
sleuth said:
I've been planning to pick up the book "His Needs, Her Needs" by a Dr. William Harley (I think).

You know, Sleuth, a few years ago, I read that site alot. Dr. Harley is very big on promoting men and women EQUALLY learning about appreciating each other...love banks, etc. He helps couples understand the differences in men and women and how the needs are different of each. You make it sound as if he emphasizes that woman are supposed to look good for the men. But he makes a point to say that BOTH should take care of themselves and be presentable, etc. to each.

What does it say about what the men should do to look appealing to the woman? Did you happen to read that part?

Granted I haven't read it in a long time, but I don't think his philosophy has changed.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
BuddyLee said:
I'm wondering Slueth, is this how your relationship works?

:lmao: :roflmao: :killingme :roflmao: :lmao:

Are you kidding me? If I told my GF "you must submit to me" she'd hit me upside the head with a frying pan.

But you know what? I don't have to tell her.
And I've never made a decision that affects both of us without consulting her and weighing her opinion.

She knows this, and when I make a decision, she follows my lead.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
cattitude said:
You know, Sleuth, a few years ago, I read that site alot. Dr. Harley is very big on promoting men and women EQUALLY learning about appreciating each other...love banks, etc. He helps couples understand the differences in men and women and how the needs are different of each. You make it sound as if he emphasizes that woman are supposed to look good for the men. But he makes a point to say that BOTH should take care of themselves and be presentable, etc. to each.

What does it say about what the men should do to look appealing to the woman? Did you happen to read that part?

Granted I haven't read it in a long time, but I don't think his philosophy has changed.
I haven't read the book yet. I just heard a lecture on it a few days ago and I've ordered the book.

But as I said in an earlier post, I think a man should try to look good for his wife.
I just said that according to what I know about the book, her husband's physical attractiveness isn't in her top 5 needs.

BuddyLee

Football addict
sleuth said:

Are you kidding me? If I told my GF "you must submit to me" she'd hit me upside the head with a frying pan.

And I've never made a decision that affects both of us without consulting her and weighing her opinion.

That's what I thought. So if you feel so strongly about this and almost everything within the bible then why don't you feel strong enough as to implement this into your very own relationship?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
migtig said:
:lmao:
I read it and it sounds like this:
I am a man. You are a woman. Get naked and do what I tell you cause I am a man. I am a sinful man so I gotta love you. You is a sinful woman so ya gotta lay there and take it.
Really. It's the funniest bag of crap I have ever read. Offensive as heck, but funny. :roflmao:
:justshakeshishead: That isn't the point I was trying to make it all. :frown:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
sleuth said:

Keeping her in the kitchen, huh? :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
That's what I thought. So if you feel so strongly about this and almost everything within the bible then why don't you feel strong enough as to implement this into your very own relationship?
Exactly! I was just getting ready to say the same thing. Why would you purport to believe one thing and actually do another in real life?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
After reading this thread I have have to shout:

Otter darlin, I know you're out there. I am SOOOOOOOOO glad we have each other and that whatever we're doing, it's working. :love:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
BuddyLee said:
That's just it, I *do* implement it in my relationship.
Just because the Bible tells me that I'm supposed to be the head of the household doesn't mean that I can twist this responsibility into some kind of domineering tyranny.

Just because the Bible says that a wife must follow her husband doesn't mean that she doesn't get to influence her husband's choices. That's in there too. And it also doesn't say that she doesn't get to make any choices of her own. But it does say that the man is the head of the family, and as head of the family he is only supposed to make decisions that are good for the family. How could he make a good decision without first finding out what his family, and most especially his wife, feels.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
crabcake said:
Is it in his? :confused:
A Physically attractive wife, according to Dr. Harley, is the number 3 top need for husbands. I didn't write it. I just reported it. :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
sleuth said:

Even if she doesn't agree?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
After reading this thread I have have to shout:

Otter darlin, I know you're out there. I am SOOOOOOOOO glad we have each other and that whatever we're doing, it's working. :love:
:flowers: