Rant

gwa

"It is the veteran, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
It is the veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
It is the veteran, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the veteran who salutes the flag, who served beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag.
"If you can read this, thank a teacher"
"If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran."

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
You ruined my fantasies of Teri Hatcher, Vrai. There are nude pictures on the internet of her... of her sagging. :sad:

gwa said:
It is the veteran, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the veteran who salutes the flag, who served beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag.
:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kain99 said:
Ya know what's really funny? If the Secret Service trips upon this post they will haul this guy in for making death threats against the President!
That would suck because I know who would spend the day dealing with them for IPs and emails.

Anyway, folks, difference of opinion is great but we can't allow threats to the President on here. #1, it's illegal. And #2, I don't want to deal with repurcussions. Gut :rolleyes: is invited to register a more appropriate user name and express his views without making threats.

Even if you're just being bombastic and not serious, that stuff has consequences.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Kain99 said:
I'm sorry... Was that offensive?
Not at all; I input some sarcasm but I did laugh at your original assessment. We are on the same page about GTP.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
gwa said:
:patriot:
:kickinghippie:
(Quick, somebody create that smilie...)

gwa

The media is a real killer for us. They don't show the whole side of the story, just bits and pieces, alot is taken out of context. So they didn't find WMD in Iraq but did they say what they did find such as rooms full of timers and detonators, chlorine and mustard gas,RPG's. So everything wasn't assembled all together into a operational WMD but all the ingredients were there along with the intentions. Do they talk about people walking up to the soldier's carrying a white flag with a hidden bomb on them. Also, wasn't Clintin offered Bin Laden by the Sudan or somewhere but declined the offer. Hind sight is always 20/20. I will always support the Commander in Chief, no matter who it is.

Last edited:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Nearly all people can stand adversity, but if you want to test a persons character, give them power.

"Abraham Lincoln"
- Mr. Gasm's siggy

VB said:
Nothing burns my ass more than some whiney punk complaining about the poor widdle soldiers who are fighting this war. Do these people think they're so sophisticated and smart that they know more about what's good for American adults than they themselves do? Do they think they're cool sitting on their asses while others are freeing a nation? Do they think they're being "compassionate" by giving patronizing pity to people who neither want nor need it?

There is nothing I hate more than an elitist liberal. Nothing. I get so damn sick and tired of listening to them thinking they're smarter and better than the men and women who are devoting themselves to democracy. 50 years from now, our soliders can look at a liberated Iraq and say, "We did that. We did." And all these pissers and moaners can say is that they sat on their fat asses and complained while others did the work.

To this, I say, they are given power by being given attention Their power lies in the ability to provoke you to compare.

In order to fight a good battle, you must first understand the opponent's point of view.
- Ocean733's Siggy

VB said:
Our ancestors fought and died to make the United States a sovreign nation. They fought and died to free black slaves in this country. They fought and died to defeat Hitler's regime. All throughout history, our men and women have looked at injustice and said, "That's not right and you can't do that", and they've gone off to right the wrong.

And now they're going off to right the wrong in Iraq and what do they get in return? Sneering condescension from some tard who watches reality TV shows and downloads naked pictures of Teri Hatcher off the internet.

I say make no opponent out of the tard who offends you.

I feel more progress will always be made by identifying with those you wish to succeed and want to share common goals with than to compare and waste a lot of negative energy on the "tards".. Displaying the support and respectful superiority by example will continue to get this country through, as did our ancestors.

VB said:
They should feel completely humiliated and ashamed of themselves because they are an embarrassment to this country.

I feel that focusing on the goals, v. placating to job of babysitter will be the ultimate win. Retaining our composure, so to speak... (kick 'em when no one is looking... :whistle:)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
virgovictoria said:
Displaying the support and respectful superiority by example will continue to get this country through, as did our ancestors.
I disagree. Trying to "understand" and be "compassionate" and embrace "diversity" is what got us in this mess in the first place. It's like kids: They do something to get your attention and, if you ignore it, they'll ramp up until you are forced to correct them. If you express disapproval immediately and in no uncertain terms, the behavior will not only NOT escalate, but will diminish. There must be a penalty for poor behavior, even if it's just social ostracism.

And, yes, I think of rabid liberals as children. The only reason someone would say "gut the President" is because of a juvenile mentality and arrested development because no one cared enough about them to teach them what's appropriate and what's not. No one smacked their butt for them and told them, "THAT is not how we act."

But I, Bored Mommy, Mommy of the World, am up to the task of parenting those who did not receive it in their youth.

:diva:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
That would suck because I know who would spend the day dealing with them for IPs and emails.

Anyway, folks, difference of opinion is great but we can't allow threats to the President on here. #1, it's illegal. And #2, I don't want to deal with repurcussions. Gut :rolleyes: is invited to register a more appropriate user name and express his views without making threats.

Even if you're just being bombastic and not serious, that stuff has consequences.
A friend of mine made a comment similar to that on his county's forum (not intended to be a death threat - just didn't think about how it might be construed) and the Secret Service showed up at his office and had a little talk with him. Before they got to him, they talked to some neighbors and visited with his wife at the elementary school where she works.

They now have a file on him and he has been very well-behaved ever since.

:ohwell:

:popcorn:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
I disagree. Trying to "understand" and be "compassionate" and embrace "diversity" is what got us in this mess in the first place. It's like kids: They do something to get your attention and, if you ignore it, they'll ramp up until you are forced to correct them. If you express disapproval immediately and in no uncertain terms, the behavior will not only NOT escalate, but will diminish. There must be a penalty for poor behavior, even if it's just social ostracism.

And, yes, I think of rabid liberals as children. The only reason someone would say "gut the President" is because of a juvenile mentality and arrested development because no one cared enough about them to teach them what's appropriate and what's not. No one smacked their butt for them and told them, "THAT is not how we act."

But I, Bored Mommy, Mommy of the World, am up to the task of parenting those who did not receive it in their youth.

:diva:

Again, I say...

I feel more progress will always be made by identifying with those you wish to succeed and want to share common goals with than to compare and waste a lot of negative energy on the "tards".. Displaying the support and respectful superiority by example will continue to get this country through, as did our ancestors.

I more or less meant give no heed to pissants, lead by example and kick them when no one is looking...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
virgovictoria said:
lead by example and kick them when no one is looking...
But...Vic! If you kick them in front of people, it's more likely that you'll draw a crowd who will help you kick them, thereby reducing the strain on your legs.

KCM

Right Where I Belong
vraiblonde said:
But...Vic! If you kick them in front of people, it's more likely that you'll draw a crowd who will help you kick them, thereby reducing the strain on your legs.
Now there is a thought.:lol: You have all the good ideas.:yay:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

:high5:

Mikeinsmd

virgovictoria said:
Again, I say...

But I don't want to share common goals with these buffoons.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
It's my opinion that being a member of the military is the most important, selfless, and commendable occupation in this country, no exceptions.

What makes you think this? What about police officers, firefighters and such? The only reason I ask is because you stressed the fact by italicizing "the most" and said "no exceptions."

I would say that the military is one of the most but wouldn't give them exclusive rights.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
But I don't want to share common goals with these buffoons.
Share common goals with those you support in power, those fighting for freedom, those with your ideals at stake, not the tards... sorry for the grammatic confusion...