Rate The Last Film You Watched

Toxick

Splat
Assassin's Creed.
2/4 stars.
Good effects. Premise of the story is kind of hard to follow unless you're a fan of the games. Decent story.

warneckutz

I just watched it and would rate it about the same. Plot was okay but Tom Cruise wasn't very believable in his role.

After watching it I feel like it's the same character from Jerry Maguire (feels like he talks and acts the same), Edge of Tomorrow, Jack Reacher, Minority Report, Night & Day, Mission Impossible series... I think you could put any character in any movie.

Toxick

Splat
I was curious about this... definitely thought the games were cool.

My boys loved it. They are avid fans of the game.
I half-ass watch them play it, so I could follow - I liked it, but not on the same level they did.

My daughter doesn't know or care about the game. She was kind of lost with the movie. I explained, and she got it. But I think the movie should have focused more on the nature of the Animus. They kind of glossed over some key points, IMO.

I'll probably buy the BluRay when it comes out. It is worth a watch.
If you like the games you'll like the movie.

My boys say it was (and I quote) "dope".

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
After watching it I feel like it's the same character from Jerry Maguire (feels like he talks and acts the same), Edge of Tomorrow, Jack Reacher, Minority Report, Night & Day, Mission Impossible series... I think you could put any character in any movie.

Exactly. It is exactly like every other role he has done and pretty tiresome. :ohwell:

warneckutz

My boys loved it. They are avid fans of the game.
I half-ass watch them play it, so I could follow - I liked it, but not on the same level they did.

My daughter doesn't know or care about the game. She was kind of lost with the movie. I explained, and she got it. But I think the movie should have focused more on the nature of the Animus. They kind of glossed over some key points, IMO.

I'll probably buy the BluRay when it comes out. It is worth a watch.
If you like the games you'll like the movie.

My boys say it was (and I quote) "dope".

Excellent, thank you... I'm an iTunes snob... 416 movies and counting so far :lol: ... I'll pre-order it. Thanks again.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
La La Land

If you owe her a movie, this is a good choice; tolerable chick flick.

More than tolerable. Great story. Well paced. Fun. Entertaining.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good film for the best part, but they were stretching it during the final rescue scene. .

Yeah. Hollywood has this thing car chases, rescue scenes and final battles; they're compelled to piss away the last 90 minutes of good story telling with a bunch of absurdity. They HAVE to do it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Magnificent 7 with Denzel. It wasn't Magnificent at all!!! Very slow and predictable. The originail (as in most cases) was sooo much better!!

We watched it last night. Total crap. :buddies:

When the bad guy just executed 6-7 people at the beginning, right in front of everyone, that was it. All the rest was crap. Who would ever bother with buying anyone out and waiting to do it if you're ready and willing to just murder people, en masse, in front of everyone? Leave or get killed. Now.

I'm the only one who'd seen the American original (the actual original is a Samurai movie) and, as bad as the bad guys were in that one, the brilliant Eli Wallach, the whole point was you live off of the farmers and what they produce. Not kill them.

Dumb vacant movie. The heroine and her 'don't you evil murderers dare look at my ever more exposed bosoms!' was fitting for a boob of a movie.

Just watched London has Fallen (Gerard Butler) for the 2nd time... enjoyed it just as much the 2nd time as I did the first... it's available on NETFLIX...:yay: