Rate The Last Film You Watched

Grumpy

Just watched London has Fallen (Gerard Butler) for the 2nd time... enjoyed it just as much the 2nd time as I did the first... it's available on NETFLIX...:yay:

Shouldn't you be working?? Does your customer know you watch films at work?

luvmygdaughters

We watched it last night. Total crap. :buddies:

When the bad guy just executed 6-7 people at the beginning, right in front of everyone, that was it. All the rest was crap. Who would ever bother with buying anyone out and waiting to do it if you're ready and willing to just murder people, en masse, in front of everyone? Leave or get killed. Now.

I'm the only one who'd seen the American original (the actual original is a Samurai movie) and, as bad as the bad guys were in that one, the brilliant Eli Wallach, the whole point was you live off of the farmers and what they produce. Not kill them.

Dumb vacant movie. .

The heroine and her 'don't you evil murderers dare look at my ever more exposed bosoms!' was fitting for a boob of a movie

Hahahaha...I told my husband the same thing. All the other women in the movie, with the exception of the hookers, had everything covered up from the top of the neck to the bottom of the feet, but not her, she had just about everything hanging out.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

The heroine and her 'don't you evil murderers dare look at my ever more exposed bosoms!' was fitting for a boob of a movie

Hahahaha...I told my husband the same thing. All the other women in the movie, with the exception of the hookers, had everything covered up from the top of the neck to the bottom of the feet, but not her, she had just about everything hanging out.

That and her endless outfit changes, scene by scene. :lol:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Went to the theater :)faint:) and saw Passengers. Really cool idea, presented tolerably well. The love story was sappy, and predictable, which was disappointing.

Loved the Michael Sheen character.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
We watched 4 movies. The Imitation Game (true story and so inspiring, but sad). August Rush (fantasy feel good movie, but wonderful). Brooklyn (great immigration story that left us hanging until the end). And, Forrest Gump (who hasn't seen that movie, but I still cried). All get 5 stars.

I watched The Imitation Game yesterday and loved it. Great geeky movie and the story was intriguing but like you said sad. Definitely 5 stars from me.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I watched The Imitation Game yesterday and loved it. Great geeky movie and the story was intriguing but like you said sad. Definitely 5 stars from me.

:yay: I don't think this is a spoiler because it is based on history, but the fact that Turing saved an estimated 14 mil lives, and cut WWII short by 2 years is awesome. This movie will stay with me for a long time.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Watched 23 Blast, tonight. Awesome true story. I don't care what the critics say. It is about a football player that literally lost his sight overnight. Recommend. I will always give true stories a 5/5, no matter how the producer/directors spin it. It is easy to look up the real story.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:yay: I don't think this is a spoiler because it is based on history, but the fact that Turing saved an estimated 14 mil lives, and cut WWII short by 2 years is awesome. This movie will stay with me for a long time.

It was haunting and so interesting to see the development of the precursor to the modern day computer.

I know it's an old movie, but I also watched 'Girl With A Pearl Earring' for the first time. Absolutely breathtaking cinematography but I was disappointed how much of the story between Vermeer and Griet was cut out as it lost much of the power of the book. Still it was worth watching and I absolutely love Colin Firth. I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It was haunting and so interesting to see the development of the precursor to the modern day computer.

I know it's an old movie, but I also watched 'Girl With A Pearl Earring' for the first time. Absolutely breathtaking cinematography but I was disappointed how much of the story between Vermeer and Griet was cut out as it lost much of the power of the book. Still it was worth watching and I absolutely love Colin Firth. I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Oh, and yes, the computer thing was quite amazing. Clunck, clunck, clunck, and it, finally, stopped! Thanks for the reminder on Girl With Pearl Earring. I need to catch up! I am becoming more of a movie person, now. I wasn't so much for most of my life.

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Oh, and yes, the computer thing was quite amazing. Clunck, clunck, clunck, and it, finally, stopped!
Having started working on computers in the early 80s and since IT is my chosen profession, I find the history fascinating. :nerd:

Thanks for the reminder on Girl With Pearl Earring. I need to catch up! I am becoming more of a movie person, now. I wasn't so much for most of my life.
I find the older I get, the less tolerance I have for movies that are a waste of time so I have become pretty selective on what I watch. If it doesn't catch my interest in the first few minutes, I just turn it off and go on to the next one or do something else. :lol:

The Secret Life of Pets.
Cute, but kind of predictable.

I know I had seen that rabbit before, and in the movie he says he was a magician's rabbit. Turns out he was in a short film called 'Presto', which is on the Wall-E DVD.

Chris0nllyn

Deepwater Horizon - 8/10
- Early, uneventful buildup to an action-packed ending with a smidge of blame focus throughout.

Magnificent 7 - 7/10
- Story lines come together somewhat nicely and everyone has their role. Not believable at all (as with most action movies) and the climax at the end could have/should have been earlier in the movie and saved 30 minutes or so.

Jack Reacher; Never Going Back - 5/10
- Typical Cruise movie. Most action scenes were not believable.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
We just watched "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children." Very happy that it stayed true to the book, which I loved, and was very entertaining. Directed by Tim Burton and it shows. I would rate it 4 out of 5 stars.

We also watched "Finding Dory" the other day. Not as entertaining as "Finding Nemo" and the storyline was disjointed, but the animation was incredible. I rate it 3 out of 5 stars.