Rate The Last Film You Watched

Watched these yesterday and today:

Alice thru the Looking Glass - Eh. They crossed over from simple "eat me, drink me" fantasy to a full blown sci-fi time-traveling machine. It was fun to watch, but didn't fit with my Underland view.

Star Trek Beyond - Being a Trekkie (watching the original series right now...) I liked this one more than the previous, the characters and plot more believable. But I kind of lost interest when Kirk resurrects an ancient motorcycle from a crashed StarShip and uses it to create a diversion by riding it around and around in circles. Nope.

The Huntsman:Winters War - Not bad. Liked the original better, but it held my interest, as do most things fantasy or scifi.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Joe and Max (2002)

True story of boxers Joe Louis and Max Schmeling and their enduring friendship.

Good story but the boxing could have been better...2/5 :ohwell:

Attachments

• Joe.jpg
    Joe.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 314

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Saving Mr. Banks

I give 4 out of 5 stars. Very charming and touching movie about the author of Mary Poppins dealing with Walt Disney. Tom Hanks was outstanding as Disney as was Emma Thompson as P.L. Travers.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party by Denish D'Souza. 5/5:yay: Knew some things. Learned some things. Chilling, informative, and worth watching. :patriot:

One more thing. I know this film is a documentary of someone's opinion, as in D'Souza's, but there have been plenty of movies made about people's lives; and the movie makers used poetic license. Just wanted to add this edit ahead of time, in case the you knows here want to call me a moron. :lol:

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

Florence Foster Jenkins; I'm a big Meryl Streep fan...she played the part, as always, without flaw. I've never heard of this woman and didn't know it was based on a true story. After watching, going to have to research her and her husband a little. Entertaining.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Jason Bourne. Same as all the rest. Predictable. Although I didn't expect Nicky to get killed off; at least not so early in the film.

3 out of 5

littlelady

God bless the USA
Hub and I had one of the best days ever. Cuddling on the couch with Daisy on the day after an exhausting 1 month holiday craziness. Gathering, cooking, babysitting, running, etc. etc. etc. Not to mention trying to keep up with 2 houses after moving. We watched 4 movies. The Imitation Game (true story and so inspiring, but sad). August Rush (fantasy feel good movie, but wonderful). Brooklyn (great immigration story that left us hanging until the end). And, Forrest Gump (who hasn't seen that movie, but I still cried). All get 5 stars. Happy day after Christmas, y'all.

Trust me. My hub is a high energy tornado! He spent the whole day with me and our dog on the couch. Unheard of! We finally relaxed. Happy day! I loved it! :smile: Nite nite, y'all.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

Hub and I had one of the best days ever. Cuddling on the couch with Daisy on the day after an exhausting 1 month holiday craziness. Gathering, cooking, babysitting, running, etc. etc. etc. Not to mention trying to keep up with 2 houses after moving. We watched 4 movies. The Imitation Game (true story and so inspiring, but sad). August Rush (fantasy feel good movie, but wonderful). Brooklyn (great immigration story that left us hanging until the end). And, Forrest Gump (who hasn't seen that movie, but I still cried). All get 5 stars. Happy day after Christmas, y'all.

Trust me. My hub is a high energy tornado! He spent the whole day with me and our dog on the couch. Unheard of! We finally relaxed. Happy day! I loved it! :smile: Nite nite, y'all.

I've seen Brooklyn and the Imitation Game, loved them both!!!

luvmygdaughters

Sully

Watched it over the weekend, very good movie. It was so maddening, the way the NTSB tried to crucify him instead of hailing him as hero, for saving those passengers.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
True Memoirs of an International Assassin

2.75 out of 5... has its moments