Reality of Gun Ownership

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll answer your question when I know why you are asking the question.

Never mind because you're obviously not a cop. Your user name and av say you are, but you don't want to actually make a post confirming that.

So you're talking out your ass and there's no reason for me to continue discussing this with you.

smcop

Never mind because you're obviously not a cop. Your user name and av say you are, but you don't want to actually make a post confirming that.

So you're talking out your ass and there's no reason for me to continue discussing this with you.

I'll answer your question as soon as you tell me why you want to know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you said, yes, you were a cop, I was going to assume you've heard the term "recidivism" and understand what that means.

Since you are not a cop, there's no reason to go down that path with you.

smcop

If you said, yes, you were a cop, I was going to assume you've heard the term "recidivism" and understand what that means.

Since you are not a cop, there's no reason to go down that path with you.

I choose the name smcop because I am on the southern maryland forums. I am cautious to state my profession because I give my own opinons on here, and I don't want to associate those opinions with the police agency I work for. So to answer your question, I am a cop. I work for a police agency in Southern Maryland.

I do know what the term recividism means. I also would venture to say that I have come in contact with far more criminals than you. I have an understanding of those who are dangerous, and those who a nusiance. I understand the trauma of being a victim of a burglary, as I have been a victim. I was not home at the time. The vast majority of burglaries are intended when the homeowner is not at home.

Shooting a fleeing felon was justified until Garner V. Tennesee 1985. I have met burgulars, some who are revolting scum and some who went along with buddies because they sucumbed to peer pressure.

I have been in life and death situations and am still here. I value life, but know that sometimes in my profession I have to come to the aid and have to defend persons, and that defense could include the use of deadly force. I have reconciled myself to this.

I am a strong advocate of the death penalty. I think it is under used, and should be opened to more crimes. For instance, did you know that simple first degree murder does not qualify for the death penalty? I would advocate it should.

There are a lot of people on here saying they would kill a burgular, despite the burgular running away, or surrendering, but I wonder if they truly understand the ramifications of that action?

Not the legal ramifications, as I believe in at least two of the Southern Maryland jurisdictions there would be no legal ramifications to shooting a burgular in your home.

But there are other ramifications, such as the stress that comes from killing someone. The follow up, when you find who the person was. Sometimes that may make you feel better because it's a career criminal, but sometimes that may make you feel worse because it's the kid who was just going along. Either way, it's not pretty.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

not really. Sure it can be used with great effect, but so can other things (taser, mace, etc.)

Yeah and while your at it why don't you put one of those hot irons on the door knob and a swing a couple paint cans from the ceiling at them.

Key word you missed, "good"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I choose the name smcop because I am on the southern maryland forums. I am cautious to state my profession because I give my own opinons on here, and I don't want to associate those opinions with the police agency I work for. So to answer your question, I am a cop. I work for a police agency in Southern Maryland.

I don't really care anymore. I didn't ask for your damn badge number, I just asked if you were a cop and all you had to reply was either yes or no. Instead you gave me a runaround. Your screen name and av indicate cop, yet you are cautious to state your profession?

Um, yeah.

So I didn't read the rest of your post because I'm no longer interested in playing games with you.

Novus Collectus

Shooting a fleeing felon was justified until Garner V. Tennesee 1985.
From what I gather that case was about police officers shooting. For citizens I think it is still possible like in Texas they are allowed to by statute to shoot a fleeing felon to recover stolen property under certain situations.

smcop

I don't really care anymore. I didn't ask for your damn badge number, I just asked if you were a cop and all you had to reply was either yes or no. Instead you gave me a runaround. Your screen name and av indicate cop, yet you are cautious to state your profession?

Um, yeah.

So I didn't read the rest of your post because I'm no longer interested in playing games with you.
I really don't care what answer you wanted or didn't want. I doubt you have read any of my post fully. You read snippets and draw conclusions.

smcop

From what I gather that case was about police officers shooting. For citizens I think it is still possible like in Texas they are allowed to by statute to shoot a fleeing felon to recover stolen property under certain situations.

The certain situations is the disclaimer there. I could be wrong but I defy you to show me a law of the land anywhere which allows someone to shoot someone because they are stealing property and are running away.

Novus Collectus

Um, yeah.

vrai, most, if not ALL cops I know who are cops and post on the MD message boards are extremely cautious about revealing who they are or giving too many clues as to who they are because whatever they post can get back to them and may somehow jeapordise their carreer if it turns out they said something questionable. His reaction is not out of the ordinary and if anything shows he is more likey a MD police officer than not.

Xaquin44

Yeah and while your at it why don't you put one of those hot irons on the door knob and a swing a couple paint cans from the ceiling at them.

Key word you missed, "good"

If that's how you want to defend your house, so be it =)

Novus Collectus

The certain situations is the disclaimer there. I could be wrong but I defy you to show me a law of the land anywhere which allows someone to shoot someone because they are stealing property and are running away.

YOu are kidding right? I thought after the Joe Horn shooting everyone would be familiar with this law.

Here:
Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.
PENAL CODE   CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

PsyOps

Pixelated

Um, yeah.

I am a cop. I work for a police agency in Southern Maryland.

:shrug:

Xaquin44

Just making some suggestions for YOU.

"Home Alone" is a tatical home defense instructional video...... In your mind anyway.

uuhhh

I don't recall guns, tasers, or mace being used in Home Alone .... then again, it's been many years lol

all the same, I'd appreciate you not making up complete b.s. and attributing it to me =)

smcop

uuhhh

I don't recall guns, tasers, or mace being used in Home Alone .... then again, it's been many years lol

all the same, I'd appreciate you not making up complete b.s. and attributing it to me =)

Mace is only effective on a certain percentage of the population. Tasers are not always effective in their application, different clothing can determine a tasers effectiveness. A firearm is by far the best defense.