Recommendations for Heating and A/C

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
More of "this is who I use" rather than a recommendation. I had an existing service contract with BurchOil, so I went with them for a new furnace and air handler. It's quiet for an oil furnace, and BurchOil is very responsive for service calls.

For the A/C, I used J.W. Windsor in Mechanicsville. Small outfit, but very responsive.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Our home warranty service contracts with H and J out of White Plains.
Very satisfied by their work. One of their techs lives in Great Mills.
We had our heat pump and air handler replaced by H and J Heating and Air. Very professional and happy with the new unit. They did a great job.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We had our heat pump and air handler replaced by H and J Heating and Air. Very professional and happy with the new unit. They did a great job.
They stand by their work, too. The air handler blower went out 3 years ago.
Eugene replaced the motor, which crapped out after a few days.
Within 24 hours he was back with a new motor, which has been running continuously since.

Booths will basically send a sales person dressed as a technician that will tell you need to spend thousands and replace your unit. The whole industry sucks, its like buying a used car.

Clem72

Booths will basically send a sales person dressed as a technician that will tell you need to spend thousands and replace your unit. The whole industry sucks, its like buying a used car.
What's even funnier is that you can look up the parts they will install and see the insane profit margin they are taking. 6 years ago (pre-crazy inflation and pandemic pricing) they charged me $10k to install a pump and handler that I could have bought myself for $3k, so I assume they would have got it cheaper being partnered dealers and all. So $7k for 2 guys to spend 4 or 5 hours installing this equipment? Yeah, that sounds fair. And from what I hear it's twice as expensive now.

No, I don't think I will ever hire a service that advertises on the radio or TV. If they can afford that kind of advertising then they are too expensive for me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I had my house there my service contract was with Burch Oil and I was very happy with them.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I've used Great Mills Heating & Air since 1995, and through three different houses. I love them!

SandieGarry

This is who we used. He came out Dec 26, had us up and running in no time. Very honest and knowledgeable.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Had three company's quote the replacement HVAC system on 2-unit my apartment building last summer and Winters had the best equipment for the price (they were not actually the cheapest of the three). Did a great install job.

phreddyp

I used Booth last year to replace my A/C, had no problems, very knowledgeable workers.
It's easy to like something when you know nothing about their actual way of doing business, installing a system is easy. Boothes has never met a HVAC system they won't condemn! I've gone behind them after they have condemned a system several times in my community and found that it's a capacitator ($6) metering device ($60) motor ($120) or a heat sequencer ($15) all pretty easy to replace. Pretty damn shady company in my opinion! Maybe the new management will be better.

willie

two years ago, Taylor Gas installed a 5 ton heat pump and gas high efficiency Bosch furnace. Huge improvement over my 11 year old Carrier system. The only drawback is that the heat pump decides what temperature it will turn it over to gas. This morning at 36 degrees the heat pump was putting out 97 degree air so no gas usage. Even with gas instant water heater we have to pay tank rental since we don't use enough gas.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
two years ago, Taylor Gas installed a 5 ton heat pump and gas high efficiency Bosch furnace. Huge improvement over my 11 year old Carrier system. The only drawback is that the heat pump decides what temperature it will turn it over to gas. This morning at 36 degrees the heat pump was putting out 97 degree air so no gas usage. Even with gas instant water heater we have to pay tank rental since we don't use enough gas.
Willie,
The temp for the rollover can be adjusted.
Please call Taylor Gas.
They are great to work with and ask them about the rental payment on the tank.