Redskins/Cowboys game...

angelbaby

...??? It was a good call. It hit the ground, it's no catch.

Same thing happened in another game today and was ruled a catch. No matter they did better than I expected them to. I can't wait for dallas to play greenbay. Remember Romo is the next brett farve!!:sarcasm:

Angel

~*~*~
I don't know if any of you watched the post game show, but I'm totally impressed with Jason Campbell. I'm not only impressed with his game, but the way he handled himself post game interviews.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Definitely, the right call was made there.

Ok Larry, you and I both can see a lot of positives out of this game.
1) JCam is looking a lot better with every start. What people don't realize is that this is his 1st FULL season as the starter. He has a gun and he can move.

2) The no huddle seems to be a viable option for this offense.

3) It looks like they are starting to take Jason's training wheels off. I think that if they allow him to throw deep more often he is going to figure out how much powder to use when he fires deep.

4) The defense is playing a bit better. Having #53 back meant a lot today, but there is HUGE drop between Sean Taylor, Carlos Rogers and the 2nd string guys.

What did I miss?

You missed nothing..Biggest thing is that they are letting Jason go now..It was good to see Moss a lot more involved in the offense this week.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When...

What did I miss?

...we went for the 49 yard FG in the first quarter, make or not, I felt that was the game. We gave up the initiative after coming out dictating to Dallas and moving the ball. We gave up field position.

I just feel like Gibbs constantly telling the team we will NOT go for it sets a tone, an attitude of not playing to win. He did it again after Dallas was coming to life in the third quarter.

I mean, you go for it twice and one you don't make it and one you drive for a TD, that still trumps two made field goals. So, of the two drives, the way we were moving it, we don't score a TD on at least one? Or get a shorter field goal try on both?

I'm sorry, in a lot of ways we dominated this game. Take away two big plays to TO, maybe we win but that's the thing; you can't control everything.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes...

Dallas was lucky today.
They did not play with the talent that they have.

...they did. We did a great job shutting down their run and making it tough for Romo to find anyone. Dallas played well and played hard. How the heck can a team that features TO and Romo and they hook up for four scores be said to not have used the talent they have?

Angel

~*~*~
One of my big issues right now is with the way Joe throws away Time Outs. I'm a little upset with that.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
...they did. We did a great job shutting down their run and making it tough for Romo to find anyone. Dallas played well and played hard. How the heck can a team that features TO and Romo and they hook up for four scores be said to not have used the talent they have?
Dallas defense could have played better.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How so?

Dallas defense could have played better.

How can you say that? They shut down our run, pressured Jason all day, caused a fumble, got a pick and stopped a pretty good young QB who threw it 50 some times.

They're good but they're not the 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

One of my big issues right now is with the way Joe throws away Time Outs. I'm a little upset with that.

...I was laughing 'here we go again' when we took the TO after forcing them into a 3 and out with nearly 4 minutes left. :lmao:

The refs bailed us out with the Adams injury.

It's like WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING?????? :jameo:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
It seemed to me that the Redskins had more fire in their belly, especially on defense. They tackled the Dallas rushers and receivers with 3 or 4 safeties and/or cornerbacks on every down. First half, they were murdering the Dallas offensive efforts.

I did not expect that kind of commitment from them. For a team as banged up as they were said to be, they sure showed us alot of courage, right down to the final seconds.