Redskins/Cowboys game...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Definitely, the right call was made there.

Ok Larry, you and I both can see a lot of positives out of this game.
1) JCam is looking a lot better with every start. What people don't realize is that this is his 1st FULL season as the starter. He has a gun and he can move.

2) The no huddle seems to be a viable option for this offense.

3) It looks like they are starting to take Jason's training wheels off. I think that if they allow him to throw deep more often he is going to figure out how much powder to use when he fires deep.

4) The defense is playing a bit better. Having #53 back meant a lot today, but there is HUGE drop between Sean Taylor, Carlos Rogers and the 2nd string guys.

What did I miss?

Santana did realize that his hands are for more than a place to put his gloves.:yay: Hopefully he'll get back to the form he had last season.

I would like to see the Skins go for it on 4th down more often. Heavy Jumbo w/ Sellers out of the backfield OR Heavy Jumbo w/ a TE releasing.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Something you said earlier today rings true......

Quote from Larry: "..........the grandeur of the Redskins name which doesn't not start with winning; It starts with the image, the perception of winning. If we also win, great."

It seemed like the Redskins tried to take that to heart this afternoon.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Novus Collectus

...tread.

Tap, tap, tap;

Hail to the Redskins
Hail Vic-tor-y
Braves on the Warpath
Fight for old D.C.
Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Fight!, Fight!, Fight!
Hail to the Redskins
Hail Vic-tor-y
Braves on the Warpath
Fight for old D.C.

This game is NOT over!
I was watching the game in a bar near my house and sitting next to a Skins fan. In the last three minutes forty seconds left in the game when the Skins had a fantasy of winning the game, I leaned over to him and said I, as a Dallas fan (which he knew by now), would stand up in front of everyone in the bar and sing the Redskin's fight song if the Skins won.
With a mischievous smirk filling his face he obviously couldn't wait for what he fooled himself into thinking was inevitable.

Guess what, I didn't have to sing the song. :lmao:

D

dems4me

Well, here's my two cents. I think when we are down on the 20 yard line of Dallas and Campbell threw the interception very late in the fourth quarter, that was it...once again Campbell blew the game. :cussing: :tantrum:, yet AGAIN. :mad: But our defense DID step up each time it was critical for them to step up. I was impressed with that. Often the defense follows the morale of the offense. If the offense goes three and out, the defense gets this "why bother" mentality, but today was the best day where BOTH were trying their hearts out.

As for Campbell in retrospect, as a whole... I have to say (ughh... I hate saying this) but Campbell did very well until the end and he choked. But it's part of the learning curve us as fans need to go through and support a young quarterback. I'll chalk this year up as the learning curb year. He impressed me all game to the point at the end, where I am cheering for him and go... go... skins!!! :clap: I even shouted to RiverRat "Cambpell I'll be your biggest supporter" after driving us downfield for a winning touchdown... and it was THEN that he threw the interception right to the Dallas guy. :faint:

But he still did win my heart today just a little bit :blushing: He was really trying and that's all you can ask of anybody. :shrug: Today was the first I actually believed it. He and the offense were VERY impressive today and IN Dallas. Campbell definately played his heart out to win this and had an unfortunate interception at a very unopportune time, but I think he was a big factor in us even being close to winning throughout the entire game. Hats off to the Skins... and definately... we should beat them at this point at Fed-Ex field :clap: :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It isn't...

Santana did realize that his hands are for more than a place to put his gloves.:yay: Hopefully he'll get back to the form he had last season.

I would like to see the Skins go for it on 4th down more often. Heavy Jumbo w/ Sellers out of the backfield OR Heavy Jumbo w/ a TE releasing.

...'going for it' per se that matters to me. It's just this attitude that seems steeped into the team since Joe got back that effort is the goal, not necessarily results. The team has now lost 14 games that we lead at halftime since his return. And Joe won 9 out of 10 games, version 1, when he lead at the half.

That is not just some coincidental statistic.

OldHillcrestGuy

Dallas was lucky today.
They did not play with the talent that they have.

Yes your Cowboys were lucky, game could have gone either way. Cowboys seemed to play out of sinc today, whats with the center, he's horrible.
Bet you were sweating DoWhat in those last 4 minutes. Im a Skins fan, as some people have said already, several good things came out of this game. This might be Campbells coming out game, I was on his case earlier this year, but it may not have been all his fault think Saunders had alot to do with it.
Our injuries caught up to us this game, if Taylor and I hate to say this Rodgers (I hated Rodgers earlier this year)had played I don't think the most obnxiuos player in football would have caught 4 TDs. Its time for Springs and Prioleau to hang it up, they were totally outplayed.

The Skins played good, as a fan of the team, Im not disappointed, everyone thought it was going to be a Cowboy blow out, but it wasnt and came down to the last play of the game.

Rael

Supper's Ready
I've never paid too much attention to the center in any game, but Dallas sure had my attention with theirs.
Not only was there a mismatch against
the most obnxiuos player in football
there were also mistakes on even the basic coverage.

I really thought the Redskins were going to win it going into the fourth quarter.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Redskins got screwed by that pass interference call that led to aa Cowboys touchdown. That was a really bad call, I mean, he wasn't going to get the ball anyways.

It looked to me like the Cowboys did that exact same play several times and didn't get called out on it. Typical anyone@DALLAS game, officials make the game winning calls. :rolleyes:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Santana played really well in the first half.

I'm hoping he's back to 100% soon, not that anything matters now. We can't talk about the playoffs at this point.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't get...

The Skins played good, as a fan of the team, Im not disappointed, everyone thought it was going to be a Cowboy blow out, but it wasnt and came down to the last play of the game.

...that at all. They played well enough to win...and they lost. If anything, the game is even more frustrating to me that we're into this 'gave it a good shot, better luck next time' thing, the 'oh, it's a better lose than the Eagle game' mindset.

A 'better' lose?

If Joe had gone for it on both 4th and 1's I would have felt, make it or not, that we gave it our BEST shot and left nothing on the field. You don't get points for showing up with a knife, (field goals), to a gun fight. Dallas and New England score touchdowns and if you trade with them you lose 4 points every time. At best.

The old Redskins made a ton of field goals because they were constantly moving the ball into scoring position. Nowadays, we only get so many chances a game. There are less plays do to the way the play clock is run. That means less opportunity. The nature of our offense, burning clock, exacerbates the time/number of plays equation.

I guess the good news, such that it is, is that Joe can no longer make the argument that it is too soon to just let Jason go play. There were signs of life against the Eagles an, obviously, signs against the Cowboys where the offense is capable of attacking and taking the initiatiive instead of constantly playing it close to the vest and letting the other team dictate what we need to do.

Arrrggghhhh..................we lost, damn it! To the Cowboys!

Coventry17

...they did. We did a great job shutting down their run and making it tough for Romo to find anyone. Dallas played well and played hard. How the heck can a team that features TO and Romo and they hook up for four scores be said to not have used the talent they have?

The only game Dallas played worse in this year was the Buffalo game. This was clearly the best game Washington played all year. So to summarize: Washington at their best can't beat Dallas at their worst. Here endeth the lesson.

Coventry17

Redskins got screwed by that pass interference call that led to aa Cowboys touchdown. That was a really bad call, I mean, he wasn't going to get the ball anyways.

It looked to me like the Cowboys did that exact same play several times and didn't get called out on it. Typical anyone@DALLAS game, officials make the game winning calls. :rolleyes:

The player was not looking back at the ball and mauled the Cowboy receiver while the ball was in the air. Classic defensive pass interference, it wasn't even close. Your asserting that it was a bad call shows you know absolutely nothing about football in general. It doesn't matter if the ball was catchable or not, that rule was thrown out a decade ago. Besides, Crayton was coming back for the ball and was probably going to catch it. Stop whining, you sound like a typical Redskins fan.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Define...

The only game Dallas played worse in this year was the Buffalo game. This was clearly the best game Washington played all year. So to summarize: Washington at their best can't beat Dallas at their worst. Here endeth the lesson.

...a bad game: I mean, Dallas wasn't taking bad penalties, they didn't look flat, they played hard, they didn't drop passes, they didn't blow coverages. I thought they played very well.

Simple stats mean nothing in and of themselves. Jason had a 'great' passing game yet we lost. Dallas' two running backs ran hard and well yet did not have 'good' games statistically. I think Romo made two bad passes all day. He also made several GREAT plays.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

The player was not looking back at the ball and mauled the Cowboy receiver while the ball was in the air. Classic defensive pass interference, it wasn't even close. Your asserting that it was a bad call shows you know absolutely nothing about football in general. It doesn't matter if the ball was catchable or not, that rule was thrown out a decade ago. Besides, Crayton was coming back for the ball and was probably going to catch it. Stop whining, you sound like a typical Redskins fan.

...he does not.

If we're talking about our #37, Doughty, yes, it was textbook pass interference. You have to make a play on the ball if you make contact and he didn't.

Coventry17

Proving that Witten and Shockey are not only superior statistically to Cooley, they are both better blockers than he is. Don't get me wrong, I think Cooley is a very good TE, but he's not among the league's elite at the position. I would rank the TE's: 1. Gates, San Diego 2. Witten, Dallas 3. Shockey, NY 4. Miller, Pittsburgh 5. Winslow, Cleveland. It's the position I played in college and I tend to watch that position closely when I watch a game.