Relocating - Salary

frequentflier

happy to be living
Kristiy,
Rentals are scarce in both St Mary's and Calvert counties. If your husband accepts the position, he may ask if they have recommendations for rentals or real estate agents that have rentals in the area.
We have been here 16 or more years and the things I like about somd certainly outweigh the things I dislike. When my husband retires in five years, we will likely relocate to any area with less taxes.
Most people in this area are friendly though there are certainly exceptions; as in any other place we have lived. I have developed many great friendships and many are from this forum! Most people on this forum are helpful and will jump in to help someone in need...others, as you have probably figured out are just pot stirrers looking for a reaction.
There are a number of locally owned restaurants especially on Solomons Island that offer great food and service.
Good luck in your search and I hope you like the area!

kristiy

Kristiy,
Rentals are scarce in both St Mary's and Calvert counties. If your husband accepts the position, he may ask if they have recommendations for rentals or real estate agents that have rentals in the area.
We have been here 16 or more years and the things I like about somd certainly outweigh the things I dislike. When my husband retires in five years, we will likely relocate to any area with less taxes.
Most people in this area are friendly though there are certainly exceptions; as in any other place we have lived. I have developed many great friendships and many are from this forum! Most people on this forum are helpful and will jump in to help someone in need...others, as you have probably figured out are just pot stirrers looking for a reaction.
There are a number of locally owned restaurants especially on Solomons Island that offer great food and service.
Good luck in your search and I hope you like the area!
Thank you! I will have him ask this company. I have enjoyed the people on this board. It has been a fun interaction, even the ones that claimed I was a troll! lol It is in good fun I am sure. For the first time we do not have to worry about schools, so our area can be anywhere. Rental prices are crazy though, so now we have to figure out if we want to buy instead. It is the same here. Everyone has sold their homes to make the big profits and now the rentals have doubled because everyone wants to hold out on buying until the market slows.

PeoplesElbow

Thank you! I will have him ask this company. I have enjoyed the people on this board. It has been a fun interaction, even the ones that claimed I was a troll! lol It is in good fun I am sure. For the first time we do not have to worry about schools, so our area can be anywhere. Rental prices are crazy though, so now we have to figure out if we want to buy instead. It is the same here. Everyone has sold their homes to make the big profits and now the rentals have doubled because everyone wants to hold out on buying until the market slows.
The market will slow, current prices are not sustainable.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I think Chesapeake Ranch Estates in Lusby has its own airport. A lott of the airspace around is restricted due to the base, the weapons ranges, Andrews up the road and of course DC
Actually it's a non-towered airstrip. Is it even being maintained now? I know they were arguing about it a few years ago.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Rental prices are crazy though, so now we have to figure out if we want to buy instead.

I lived for two years at Settler's Landing and really liked it there. It's centrally located with great amenities, and the apartments are super nice. I see the prices have gone up a good bit though, to almost $2k a month which I think is ridiculous.

kristiy

I lived for two years at Settler's Landing and really liked it there. It's centrally located with great amenities, and the apartments are super nice. I see the prices have gone up a good bit though, to almost $2k a month which I think is ridiculous.
They ha e done the same here with rentals. I guess everyone wants to jump on the band wagon.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Yes that is what I found. We are going to ride around there this weekend.
The airport community in CRE is friendly. We owned a skypark home for almost 10 years but left to a truly evil neighbor (who moved away). There are other nice sections of CRE however there are also a lot of not so nice areas in there and crime is higher than when we left 6 years ago.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The airport community in CRE is friendly. We owned a skypark home for almost 10 years but left to a truly evil neighbor (who moved away). There are other nice sections of CRE however there are also a lot of not so nice areas in there and crime is higher than when we left 6 years ago.
One of the only true operating "amenities" left in the "Ranch Club" aside from the loaded-with-fecal-matter lake, and bay beaches. Used to be there was horse stables, a real treed campground, (not a tree cleared RV/trailer park like now), a Trading Post (convenience store), a rifle range, (where the horseshoe pits is), an active clubhouse, a concession stand up next to the bath/shower house at Lake Lariat during the summer. Forth of July fireworks on the bay beach every year. It was a nice place when it operated as intended. The Ranch Club was never intended to have nearly 4000 houses built and the over 10,000 accompanying people. Summer cottages, yes. Year round living, no.

kristiy

If I may ...

One of the only true operating "amenities" left in the "Ranch Club" aside from the loaded-with-fecal-matter lake, and bay beaches. Used to be there was horse stables, a real treed campground, (not a tree cleared RV/trailer park like now), a Trading Post (convenience store), a rifle range, (where the horseshoe pits is), an active clubhouse, a concession stand up next to the bath/shower house at Lake Lariat during the summer. Forth of July fireworks on the bay beach every year. It was a nice place when it operated as intended. The Ranch Club was never intended to have nearly 4000 houses built and the over 10,000 accompanying people. Summer cottages, yes. Year round living, no.
Wow! I would not think a community would be that. Sounds like a place we would not want to be.

kristiy

It sounds like maybe a place we would not want to be. What are the HOAs like or do they even have that?