Relocating - Salary

vince77

I won't bad mouth SoMd I raised a family there but I got the hell out of there 6 years ago and haven't missed it for a minute. It's all perspective and my perspective was I could do better.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks to everyone, good and bad! This has been a wealth of information. We are coming next week to visit. I'll not ask where to stay, I have Google for that. Lol Y'all have a happy weekend and Thanksgiving!!
Any luck?

kristiy

I won't bad mouth SoMd I raised a family there but I got the hell out of there 6 years ago and haven't missed it for a minute. It's all perspective and my perspective was I could do better.
Totally understand. I believe everyone has there own perspective about places. I can't wait to leave this area, but some people love it. To each their own.

PJay

Totally understand. I believe everyone has there own perspective about places. I can't wait to leave this area, but some people love it. To each their own.

Savannah was my home for a time. What do you dislike about it?

kristiy

Savannah was my home for a time. What do you dislike about it?
I'm actually an hour inland from Savannah. I live in a college town called Statesboro. People are very close-minded in this area. It is who you know. That kind of mentality. Not for us. Also know where to shop or grocery shop except for Walmart around these parts. We have to travel to Savannah just to go big shopping which is a big hassle for us. We originally from North Carolina triad area which we love and love the different seasons. My husband loves to fish so that's why we're excited about South Maryland.

PeoplesElbow

I'm actually an hour inland from Savannah. I live in a college town called Statesboro. People are very close-minded in this area. It is who you know. That kind of mentality. Not for us. Also know where to shop or grocery shop except for Walmart around these parts. We have to travel to Savannah just to go big shopping which is a big hassle for us. We originally from North Carolina triad area which we love and love the different seasons. My husband loves to fish so that's why we're excited about South Maryland.
Well we got a target too!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Fishing is my secondary reason for staying in SOMD. My kids have started putting down roots, so SOMD is where I'll stay.

PeoplesElbow

One mistake I made was assuming there was more than what you see along Rt 235, I was a college student down on an official recruiting visit so I didn't have time or know what to do. I assumed there was a town somewhere and shopping centers not on R235 like almost every other place I've been.

There is some stuff along Rt 5, but almost everything is on RT 235 from a little bit north of "the bridge" to just south of the base.

kristiy

One mistake I made was assuming there was more than what you see along Rt 235, I was a college student down on an official recruiting visit so I didn't have time or know what to do. I assumed there was a town somewhere and shopping centers not on R235 like almost every other place I've been.

There is some stuff along Rt 5, but almost everything is on RT 235 from a little bit north of "the bridge" to just south of the base.
Thanks! My husband is interested in the fly in communities in the area. He just bought a plane and wants to see about those areas. I've researched St Mary's County and looked into Calvert county. His job is in Hollywood.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks! My husband is interested in the fly in communities in the area. He just bought a plane and wants to see about those areas. I've researched St Mary's County and looked into Calvert county. His job is in Hollywood.
The airport is being expanded, I believe. I live in Hollywood and it's a nice area. Different communities.

PeoplesElbow

I think Chesapeake Ranch Estates in Lusby has its own airport. A lott of the airspace around is restricted due to the base, the weapons ranges, Andrews up the road and of course DC