Relocating - Salary

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had a coworker that was pretty snooty about living in Wildwood, then one day we discovered the sex offender map, wildwood had more sex offenders than Great Mills Road. We teased her pretty bad about that.

There was a time when that would have alarmed me, but since then I found that an awful lot of fairly mundane things can land you on the list. You can typically look up the offenses for your area - what exactly these people did - and you'll find out whether they're a real threat or they just peed in the woods and someone happened to see them.

PeoplesElbow

There was a time when that would have alarmed me, but since then I found that an awful lot of fairly mundane things can land you on the list. You can typically look up the offenses for your area - what exactly these people did - and you'll find out whether they're a real threat or they just peed in the woods and someone happened to see them.
True, but I would still think GMR would have more public urination than Wildwood. I got a ticket for public urination in 1993, but it was pretty much the same thing as a traffic ticket.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
True, but I would still think GMR would have more public urination than Wildwood. I got a ticket for public urination in 1993, but it was pretty much the same thing as a traffic ticket.

Here's the list, and you can click through to get an idea of what they did:

The guy in Town Creek is on the list for consensually banging a high school girl when he was 28. I'm not sure one should be on a sex offender list for that.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
And a BJs. But if your talking about places people moved to in order to work at the base you need to include Calvert, so add another pair of Target and Walmart.
Where's the Target in Calvert? Neither WalMart is convenient to most people living in the County and working aboard PAX, which causes a lot of heartburn on the part of the Democratic Board of Commissioners. They make themselves feel better by having more houses and chain restaurants built while making it more difficult for other businesses to open.

Clem72

black dog

Free America
Don't flatter yourself. You have no free rent in my head until I read some of your posts. Most of them I skim over and move on. I only responded because you quoted me.

You two should get a room...

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Where's the Target in Calvert? Neither WalMart is convenient to most people living in the County and working aboard PAX, which causes a lot of heartburn on the part of the Democratic Board of Commissioners. They make themselves feel better by having more houses and chain restaurants built while making it more difficult for other businesses to open.

Correct about no Target Store in Calvert. Two Walmarts (Dunkirk and Prince Frederick). I think Walmart is convenient for most people but not for North Beach. Driving to PAX from there is quite a hike. When I worked in DC, I knew a lot of people who lived in North Beach.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Correct about no Target Store in Calvert. Two Walmarts (Dunkirk and Prince Frederick). I think Walmart is convenient for most people but not for North Beach. Driving to PAX from there is quite a hike. When I worked in DC, I knew a lot of people who lived in North Beach.
The WalMart in Dunkirk is no less convenient for people in the Beaches than the Giant, Safeway or Harris Teeter. It is not, however, as large or well stocked as the one in Prince Frederick.