rent rates these days

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nicole_in_somd said:
I like it much better than the other one out there for somd. I can't remember the name netbay or something like that. (sorry if you did the other one, but this one is much better.)
Nah - their site is suckdog. Ours is far superior. :yay:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
vraiblonde said:
Nah - their site is suckdog. Ours is far superior. :yay:

Yup, the news is really old or boring and the site does not have half the stuff that is on here. I went there once or twice then came in here to stay.

Thanks for doing such a great job!

MMDad

Lem Putt
Nicole_in_somd said:
Too bad there is not a beer out there with hot sauce in it.
A few years ago I brewed up a batch and put some jalapeno's in it at bottling. I misjudged the sugar content of the jalapeno's, so after about a week aging in the basement I started hearing these "Pow" sounds every few hours.

I ended up with a lot of broken glass and four (out of 48) bottles of an interesting, spicy brew.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
MMDad said:
A few years ago I brewed up a batch and put some jalapeno's in it at bottling. I misjudged the sugar content of the jalapeno's, so after about a week aging in the basement I started hearing these "Pow" sounds every few hours.

I ended up with a lot of broken glass and four (out of 48) bottles of an interesting, spicy brew.

did you ever try to do it again with a different amount of peppers?
That sounds so yummy hot and spicy beer.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MMDad said:
That sounds delicious! I want to brew beer! Is it hard to do? What do you need to get started?

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
That sounds delicious! I want to brew beer! Is it hard to do? What do you need to get started?
I used to. I still have some of the stuff. You can buy kits online. Basically you need a big plastic pail with a lid. A large glass 5 gallon jug (carboy). These plugs that allow gas to escape like a sink trap, some tubing, a hydrometer, bottle brush, bottle caps, capper.

I made cranberry :yay: Brown Ale :boo: at first, :yay:about 45 days after bottling. IPA, a bunch of others. I did have one batch go bad :barf:

You can add all kinds of stuff, wood chips, fruit juice, pumkin, basically anything.

Most home brew is "Ale" in that it is fermented relatively warm. Lager is fermented cold and is more difficult.

Sterile is the key word. A random natural yeast bud can turn a great thing bad.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Nicole_in_somd said:
God I put hot sauce on everything I can. Too bad there is not a beer out there with hot sauce in it.
Cave Creek Beer
http://www.chilibeer.com
They served this stuff @ the Green Door a LONG while ago. Very spicy but I would much rather drink Prairie Fires.

W

Wenchy

A Roomie?

Great Treasa said:
what are your peoples opinions about the inflated rental rates in the past 3-4 years? do any of you guys remember the time when you were
able to afford to pay an apt. rent on a minimum wage job. What kind of an economy is it where people need to split the costs with a roomie just to get by. f****** outrageous.

:lmao:

You can pay that rent with 3 others like I did back in 1987, and save your money to get something better.

If you have children, don't look to JPC to help out...but he might be a possible tenant if you don't have any.

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
It's been 10 years since I've tried. It's not hard.

I had about $100 into the equipment, which is on the cheap side.

It does take time though. The initial cook takes a couple of hours, then the brew ferments for about a week. Next is bottling, which also takes a few hours. Then the brew ages for at least a month.

Home brew continues to age and improve, like wine. Commercial pasteurized beer is at it's best the day it is bottled. That's why "born on" dating is funny to beer lovers: It's like saying "Our wine is fresher."

If you ever want to brew your own, start collecting bottles now. They must not be twist off caps. Good luck finding any brands that still use the old style. Your only other option is to buy the bottles, which is $$$$.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
MMDad said:
It's been 10 years since I've tried. It's not hard.

I had about $100 into the equipment, which is on the cheap side.
Were you mashing your own grain? That would make equip. expensive. My initial kit cost about 65 bucks.

I let my pale ale go 2 weeks in the primary fermenter, the finish it off in a secondary, usually about 3 weeks, then bottle and age for 4 weeks. All these times are just estimates though, because each beer will ferment at it's own rate depending on the yeast and what not.

Own yeah, and it comes out with an alcohol content of 7.2% to 7.5% :yay:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Wenchy said:
:lmao:

You can pay that rent with 3 others like I did back in 1987, and save your money to get something better.

If you have children, don't look to JPC to help out...but he might be a possible tenant if you don't have any.

how did it go on the 24th? anybody show up to hear JPC?

Last edited:

Tina2001aniT

Just thought I would share a little humor I woke up to this morning

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation" style=""><tr><td class="alt1Active" id="p1648436" width="50%">ent rates these days</td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">08-26-2006 10:36 PM</td> <td class="alt1" width="50%">nobody can come in here and ask a freaking question without a bunch of smibs breathing down their necks. If you people were so freaking smart and better off then why do you spend so much time in a stupid chat room. that is all this is a smib chatroom</td></tr></tbody> </table> :jerry::lol: