Sean Taylor shot!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let's examine...

...this little gem, shall we?

If thats the case then why do you feel the need to own loads of guns to protect yourself, yanno if its so rare and all

Well, for one, there is all the people I do know.

For two, I have smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, seat belts and all sorts of things in my life for unlikely events and none of them are near as much fun as just blasting away with firearms for the shear joy of it.

For three, they make me feel like I have a bigger penis than I do.

NTNG

Shot in the leg, and he bled out. So either the shooter was a horrible aim, and his head/torso shot was WAY off, or he was just slightly south of where he was aiming. :whistle:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There is not...

Shot in the leg, and he bled out. So either the shooter was a horrible aim, and his head/torso shot was WAY off, or he was just slightly south of where he was aiming. :whistle:

...a shooter in the world that could hit your femoral when you are moving with anything but luck. It would be luck to just hit your thigh. It seems fairly evident that Sean was moving with his machete, probably some shouting, the intruders fired and fled and no one knew enough or how critical it was to jam a finger in the hole and try to pinch off the flow.

Seems pretty clear they didn't mean to kill him.

Also, until we have some suspects it is a possibility that this was an accident. He wouldn't be the first person to shoot themselves in the leg going to check on a noise.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
...a shooter in the world that could hit your femoral when you are moving with anything but luck. It would be luck to just hit your thigh. It seems fairly evident that Sean was moving with his machete, probably some shouting, the intruders fired and fled and no one knew enough or how critical it was to jam a finger in the hole and try to pinch off the flow.

Also, until we have some suspects it is a possibility that this was an accident. He wouldn't be the first person to shoot themselves in the leg going to check on a noise.

machetes don't shoot bullets the last time I looked.:duel:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes...

...well, we don't really have the whole story, do we? I think it would be insane of Taylor, parole or not, to not have a firearm in his home if he has people he needed to be worrying about.

She hid the gun, called 911 and stayed by his side?

That'd be cool though.

MMDad

Lem Putt

I heard a theroy on the radio this morning that he did have a gun, and accidentally shot himself. Doesn't make much sense, but people are talking about it.

I've also heard people talking about the groin shot being symbolic. I see it as pure chance that he was hit where he was. I think if you have ST coming at you with a machete, hitting with one of two shots is pretty good. If you miss, you know you are losing a limb at best. That kind of pressure can make for wild shots by anyone but the best trained and disciplined shooter.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Who knows?

She hid the gun, called 911 and stayed by his side?

That'd be cool though.

One thing I don't think she was doing was sticking her finger in his bullet hole.

Also, we don't know crap yet as far as if a gun was recovered, what he was shot with or anything. We don't know jack other than he was shot and is dead.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why...

I heard a theroy on the radio this morning that he did have a gun, and accidentally shot himself. Doesn't make much sense, but people are talking about it.

...doesn't it make sense? People trained to handle firearms screw up. Why not a home owner in the middle of the night?

One thing I don't think she was doing was sticking her finger in his bullet hole.

Also, we don't know crap yet as far as if a gun was recovered, what he was shot with or anything. We don't know jack other than he was shot and is dead.

I agree with you though, even if I was prohibited from having a gun in my home and even if I hadn't had people shoot up my truck, I'd definitely get one after someone broke in and left a knife on my bed. Of course I would also be a couple states away.

tommyjones

I agree with you though, even if I was prohibited from having a gun in my home and even if I hadn't had people shoot up my truck, I'd definitely get one after someone broke in and left a knife on my bed. Of course I would also be a couple states away.

I doubt his wife was prevented from owning a gun....

MMDad

Lem Putt
...doesn't it make sense? People trained to handle firearms screw up. Why not a home owner in the middle of the night?
The femoral is way back in the groin. You'd have to point the gun at yourself. If you were to pull the trigger as you pulled the gun from your waistband or pocket, it's not likely to come anywhere near your femoral.

If you were investigating a noise, would you do so with the gun in your pocket, or would you have it out in front of you with both hands on it?

It's possible, it just doesn't seem very likely and it doesn't make any sense to me.

The only way I can see this as being accidental is if everything else we've heard is not true and he was sitting there messing with the gun and it went off. That would mean the girlfriend thought of a story, hid the gun, and was able to stick to the story while her boyfriend lay bleeding to death.

The femoral is way back in the groin. You'd have to point the gun at yourself. If you were to pull the trigger as you pulled the gun from your waistband or pocket, it's not likely to come anywhere near your femoral.

If you were investigating a noise, would you do so with the gun in your pocket, or would you have it out in front of you with both hands on it?

It's possible, it just doesn't seem very likely and it doesn't make any sense to me.

The only way I can see this as being accidental is if everything else we've heard is not true and he was sitting there messing with the gun and it went off. That would mean the girlfriend thought of a story, hid the gun, and was able to stick to the story while her boyfriend lay bleeding to death.

Maybe she did it. That's where a pissed woman would aim.

tommyjones

or she shot him, hid the gun and stuck to her story to keep from getting in trouble.......

(pulled straight from my azz in case you were wondering)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

...well, I'm no artery expert and yeah, if it was me, the 12 gauge would not only not be in my underroo's, it would certainly be pointed in the general direction of the noise.

As far as this being something other than an armed intruder, it's not hard to keep pretty much any story for a few days. I mean, the cops have no reason to run to the papers and say "She's telling a funny story."

Hell, do we even now if there is a police report to substantiate this other intrusion?