Ski Bug

unixpirate

Pitty Party
morganj614 said:
Oops sorry, we crossed thread hairs and you have to read Plastic Surgeons to find where it crossed. SO? My sister in Vermont says they haven't had much snow this year but that March is usually good for snow and skiing.

I've been to Killington and Sugar Bush.. Awesome places.

morganj614

unixpirate said:
I've been to Killington and Sugar Bush.. Awesome places.

My sis is 30 min. from Killington and close to Mt. Ascutnee. I don't ski well but I like tubing, hot tubs and lodges..lol..I have been to the top of Killington in the summer for the lift ride and did the alpine summer sled at Pico. It's beautiful country up there. Now I am homesick :sigh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
morganj614 said:
Read back and it was because getting boobs was called immoral and that Pixie had no morals. How that wound up in the ski thread is wayyyyyy beyond me!
Read back - it wound up in the ski thread because some of the forum "ladies" brought it here to slap Janey upside the head with it.

Here's my take:

Janey, you can whine about not being able to afford things all you want and call others frivolous because they can afford things that you can't. But be prepared to take your lumps for it. Most of us are much older than you and we've done the "young and poor" routine. But we're not young and poor anymore - you'd #### if you knew what I just spent on skin care products. Plus I have a new car PLUS I have a daughter at NYU. So quit tring to make other people feel guilty for pissing away money - we've paid our dues and we deserve to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

The rest of you, you don't have to be so mean to Janey because she's young and still finding her way. Many of you are a lot younger than me and I think you're a bunch of smartass know-it-alls that, in truth, don't know dick. And if I can have patience with you all, you can have patience with Janey.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
morganj614 said:
My sis is 30 min. from Killington and close to Mt. Ascutnee. I don't ski well but I like tubing, hot tubs and lodges..lol..I have been to the top of Killington in the summer for the lift ride and did the alpine summer sled at Pico. It's beautiful country up there. Now I am homesick :sigh:

didn't mean to make you homesick..
it is a beautiful place. I try to go once a year to Vermont. Wisp is my favorite close place.
I've been to Taos.. The best of all!

vraiblonde said:
Read back - it wound up in the ski thread because some of the forum "ladies" brought it here to slap Janey upside the head with it.

Here's my take:

Janey, you can whine about not being able to afford things all you want and call others frivolous because they can afford things that you can't. But be prepared to take your lumps for it. Most of us are much older than you and we've done the "young and poor" routine. But we're not young and poor anymore - you'd #### if you knew what I just spent on skin care products. Plus I have a new car PLUS I have a daughter at NYU. So quit tring to make other people feel guilty for pissing away money - we've paid our dues and we deserve to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

The rest of you, you don't have to be so mean to Janey because she's young and still finding her way. Many of you are a lot younger than me and I think you're a bunch of smartass know-it-alls that, in truth, don't know dick. And if I can have patience with you all, you can have patience with Janey.
Sharon didn't hire you as "BoardMommy" for nothin'...:love:

morganj614

unixpirate said:
didn't mean to make you homesick..
it is a beautiful place. I try to go once a year to Vermont. Wisp is my favorite close place.
I've been to Taos.. The best of all!
I'd go to Taos but I have no family there. I hit Vermont for a week every Thanksgiving and have such a good time. I need to expand that to twice a year but only after mud season! :diva:

Techno Kat

I had always thought I would love to ski, but it turns out I lack the necessary balance and coordination on the slopes. I prefer to drink hot cocoa by the fire and nurse the wounded ski soldiers as I listen to their great tales of adventure and glory. lol

KCM

Right Where I Belong
Tubing at Wisp is awesome.:yay: It can do that better than ski and don't wipe out as many people.

Techno Kat

As for vanity, By the definition I have been reading of sorts, I suppose the bras I ordered and had delivered today could be considered vain. I chose colors such as hot candy pink, soft sky blue and jade green rather than basic white. It pleases me. Does that make me a bad person, I think not.

Mikeinsmd

Techno Kat said:
As for vanity, By the definition I have been reading of sorts, I suppose the bras I ordered and had delivered today could be considered vain. I chose colors such as hot candy pink, soft sky blue and jade green rather than basic white. It pleases me. Does that make me a bad person, I think not.
It makes you a bad person if you don't show me!! :lmao:

morganj614

kwillia said:
Snow tubing sounds like fun! :getdown:

Tubing is a blast. I went tubing at Snowshoe after failed attempts at the 2 legged sport. You get a rope tow up the hill and several of us held on to each others tubes as we went down. Only thing is I forgot to let go of the rope after I bounced out because I was laughing so hard. I know I have a pic of that on disc somewhere. Talk about a belly flop! Then you have the hot tub to relax your sore muscles... :smile:

CityGrl

Time for a nap
vraiblonde said:

:yeahthat:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
My ski outfit is bright red, and it matches all my ski equipment perfectly. When I skied the first time, someone later told me that I looked like an "Attack of the Killer Tomato" as I came face first down the mountain. :lol: I suck at skiing.

morganj614

BadGirl said:
My ski outfit is bright red, and it matches all my ski equipment perfectly. When I skied the first time, someone later told me that I looked like an "Attack of the Killer Tomato" as I came face first down the mountain. :lol: I suck at skiing.

WTG, it matched your Bad Girl panties!!! :lmao: