Skins / Cowboys...

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Landry is playing his ass off so far. He looks FAST again.

17 tackles... I'd say so, he was everywhere, and like always, still hit anyone around him :lol:

Not sold on this 3rd down, 1 lineman and everyone else standing around scheme yet...

Our D was still; bend don't break, luckily, they didn't break like last years' would have! :yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
CARLOS! CATCH THE DAMNED BALL!!! You close your hands around the ball as it gets to you not BEFORE it gets to you.

You could easily replace Carlos with Mike (Sellars). There were a few drops by receivers that should have been caught.

Glad I stayed up to watch the whole game, I was too excited to turn off the tv. :lol: That strategy may bite me in azz around 2 p.m.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
You could easily replace Carlos with Mike (Sellars). There were a few drops by receivers that should have been caught.

Glad I stayed up to watch the whole game, I was too excited to turn off the tv. :lol: That strategy may bite me in azz around 2 p.m.

:biggrin:

Attachments

• thumbnail.aspx.jpg
    thumbnail.aspx.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 22

Larry Gude

Strung Out
17 tackles... I'd say so, he was everywhere, and like always, still hit anyone around him :lol:

Not sold on this 3rd down, 1 lineman and everyone else standing around scheme yet...

Our D was still; bend don't break, luckily, they didn't break like last years' would have! :yay:

What would sell you, a shut out against an elite offense?

:popcorn:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
What would sell you, a shut out against an elite offense?

:popcorn:

It was a shut out had Reed not blown his coverage... twice...

The thing I didn't like, was on 3rd an 2, Barber in the game, everyone knew they are running... but yet, we have in Vonnie at nose, with everyone else standing 2 yards off the ball....

I'm still in the give/take learning curve of the 3-4, some things I love about it, and things of that nature still make me go: WTH are we doing here :confused:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

The thing I didn't like, was on 3rd an 2, Barber in the game, everyone knew they are running... but yet, we have in Vonnie at nose, with everyone else standing 2 yards off the ball....

I'm still in the give/take learning curve of the 3-4, some things I love about it, and things of that nature still make me go: WTH are we doing here :confused:

The part I don't like is we have, what, 2 linebackers and 27 d linemen. It would seem you play to your strength. However, Haslett and his boys did one heck of a job against a top offense.

Also, it seemed to me that early in the fourth Dallas was really starting to run the ball well. And gave up on it. Every time we stood up across the line, they ran it straight at us for 5-10 yards at a clip. And stopped.

:shrug:

hooknline

I think the 3-4 has it's good points (more zone security) although the 4-3 I like because of the better pressure. I guess it all depends on your talent for 3-4 and hope the backups are just as talented (or at least somewhat close) Injuries last year was one of several things that killed the skins. I like shanny's way he coaches (no nonsense type of coach) I think with the improvement of Offense we have a much better shot at playoffs this year and honestly think we will make it.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Also, it seemed to me that early in the fourth Dallas was really starting to run the ball well. And gave up on it. Every time we stood up across the line, they ran it straight at us for 5-10 yards at a clip. And stopped.

That was the oddest part of the game, the cowboys were running the heck out of the ball..Why pass?? Was it arrogance on their part that they felt they could do as they wanted on offense? Game plan / play calling / coaching is what lost this game for the cowboys. Another stinker like that and Wade Phillips is gonna be job hunting, as he should have been after last season.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That was the oddest part of the game, the cowboys were running the heck out of the ball..Why pass?? Was it arrogance on their part that they felt they could do as they wanted on offense? Game plan / play calling / coaching is what lost this game for the cowboys. Another stinker like that and Wade Phillips is gonna be job hunting, as he should have been after last season.

I dunno. I kinda like Wade right where he is.

:lol:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I dunno. I kinda like Wade right where he is.

:lol:

Yeah, I agree, from a redskin perspective. :lol: My feeling is that you coulda swapped coaches last night and the skins would have been buried, just never thought much of Phillips as a head coach.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, I agree, from a redskin perspective. :lol: My feeling is that you coulda swapped coaches last night and the skins would have been buried, just never thought much of Phillips as a head coach.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind Dallas is the better team. Much better. They played into our strength when they had the ball and their d pretty much shut us down, totally.

Only a bunch of great individual plays, Hall, Donovan, the kicker, Landry, Fletcher, on top of everyone else playing solid gave us any chance. That and ZERO mistakes. No turnovers or penalties at the wrong time.

I got the feeling Shanahan isn't counting any chickens just yet. :lol:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
The part I don't like is we have, what, 2 linebackers and 27 d linemen. It would seem you play to your strength. However, Haslett and his boys did one heck of a job against a top offense.

Indeed! An whether you hate him or not, Fat Al needs to be a starting end, not a back up nose... You can not convince me in any way that Kedric is better than he is... Fat Al, Ma'ake and PD/Carriker should probably be our starting line

I think the 3-4 has it's good points (more zone security) although the 4-3 I like because of the better pressure. I guess it all depends on your talent for 3-4 and hope the backups are just as talented (or at least somewhat close) Injuries last year was one of several things that killed the skins. I like shanny's way he coaches (no nonsense type of coach) I think with the improvement of Offense we have a much better shot at playoffs this year and honestly think we will make it.

I was always a fan of the 4-3, and we drafted for the 4-3, it will take us another year or 2 to truely get all the right pieces of the 3-4 puzzle... HOPEFULLY, it doesn't exploit us and bite us in the ass..

Jason Garrett is an ego maniac, just like Jurrah... If they would have kept running the ball, I think Dallas wins, 21-13 ish... An I must admit, I did like their 3 back wildcat set with homo at WR...

Pete

Repete
Absolutely. Sellers :frown: And Moss had a sure 6 but was too busy looking at the end zone. I'm hoping it just the first game, big game, need to gel issues.

I don't recall seeing so many balls hit people in the hands then fall to the ground.

They need stickum.