SMECO raises rates 25% per KWH effective Feb 1st.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
AA8CA4C6-A9FE-4D9A-945B-4CD89F2B35C8.jpeg

black dog

Free America
This is utter BS. In what alternative universe do you live? He negotiated with OPEC+ specifically to cut production which you will understand creates upward pressure on retail gasoline prices. He did this for a very reasonable purpose, mind you, that of raising the price of oil to make our shale industry profitable again and put folks employed by that industry back to work. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but the downside is paying more for retail gasoline. There is no goldilocks perfection here; pick one or the other: cheap gas or a robust domestic shale industry.
Your knowledge truly no's, know bounds.
I wondered why gas is a $1.50 more a gallon and the shale industry is now in the shitter....
Who knew......

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

The rates I stated included everything. The SOS (Standard offer service) rate, power cost adjustment, facilities charge $9.50, (a flat rate), distribution charge, bill stabilization adjustment, EmPower MD charge, and other associated fees.

The actual cost of the electricity for January, was $0.0656.
Sorry forgot, bill for a empty home all in with taxs and the bs fee's. Minus the service fee for lack of enough use.
124 kw
$19.06

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wow. Increased rates is one thing...but SMECO says our shop/office building magically nearly doubled its power useage compared to the same month for the last 22 years. 5619 kwh compared to 2924. Something is amiss....

jrt_ms1995

Wow. Increased rates is one thing...but SMECO says our shop/office building magically nearly doubled its power useage compared to the same month for the last 22 years. 5619 kwh compared to 2924. Something is amiss....
Too much opening & closing of the Corona fridge door?

black dog

Free America
Was the meter read or estimated the last one/two months?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I just received this from Burchoil.
ACTION NEEDED

Oppose SB 528: Climate Solutions Now Act

We were in Annapolis this week along with many other local businesses to testify in opposition of SB 528. Many of our legislators don't believe you or I should have the freedom of choice when it comes to using natural gas, propane or any other fuel in our homes or businesses.

We need your help to let them know we will not just let them take away our freedom of choice. We want the choice to use these fuels for heating, cooking, hot water, outdoor fire pits, generators, and many other home comfort appliances.

SB 528 mandates the total phase-out of energy sources such as propane, heating oil and natural gas for residential and commercial buildings by 2040. These types of energy policies have drastic cost implications for Maryland businesses and consumers and saddle our state with a competitive economic disadvantage to others in the region.

Instead of creating new and additional burdens for Marylanders, politicians in Annapolis should focus on finding ways to ensure our state achieves its existing and attainable green house gases (GHG) goals – not moving the target and driving up the costs of energy further.

Contact your elected officials in just two clicks and urge them to oppose SB 528, legislation that’s bad for business and bad for consumers!
ACT NOW

Attachments

• 1645212454821.png
    1645212454821.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Angry
Reactions: TPD

black dog

Free America
Not to many years ago the Md fuel providers had to diverse into other forms of fuels to sell to the public.
Always seem to be a problem with Maryland...

TPD

the poor dad
I just received this from Burchoil.
ACTION NEEDED

Oppose SB 528: Climate Solutions Now Act

We were in Annapolis this week along with many other local businesses to testify in opposition of SB 528. Many of our legislators don't believe you or I should have the freedom of choice when it comes to using natural gas, propane or any other fuel in our homes or businesses.

We need your help to let them know we will not just let them take away our freedom of choice. We want the choice to use these fuels for heating, cooking, hot water, outdoor fire pits, generators, and many other home comfort appliances.

SB 528 mandates the total phase-out of energy sources such as propane, heating oil and natural gas for residential and commercial buildings by 2040. These types of energy policies have drastic cost implications for Maryland businesses and consumers and saddle our state with a competitive economic disadvantage to others in the region.

Instead of creating new and additional burdens for Marylanders, politicians in Annapolis should focus on finding ways to ensure our state achieves its existing and attainable green house gases (GHG) goals – not moving the target and driving up the costs of energy further.

Contact your elected officials in just two clicks and urge them to oppose SB 528, legislation that’s bad for business and bad for consumers!
ACT NOW
Insanity! What the hell is wrong with these politicians? They surely don't live in the same universe the rest of us do.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Insanity! What the hell is wrong with these politicians? They surely don't live in the same universe the rest of us do.
The sponsor is the State Senator representing Chuck Co. Supposedly he is very big on (your cause here) Justice.

• Haha
Reactions: TPD

Bare-ya-cuda

Our testifying against any bill in Annapolis is a waste of time. They don’t care what we want and don’t want. This is simply procedural for them. They already know they are going to bit yes on this bill no matter what.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Our testifying against any bill in Annapolis is a waste of time. They don’t care what we want and don’t want. This is simply procedural for them. They already know they are going to bit yes on this bill no matter what.
That was highly visibly apparent when thousands of Marylanders from all over the State flooded the State House and the courtyard in opposition to a gun bill several years ago.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

That was highly visibly apparent when thousands of Marylanders from all over the State flooded the State House and the courtyard in opposition to a gun bill several years ago.

Did you guys see me their, cubby white guy, gray hair, big gray mustache, dockers and a polo shirt????

black dog

Free America
The sad part is its almost always the same people that show up, the same gun stores that sue the State. 30% of Marylanders are gun owners, wanna see change? Get 10% of them to show up on Lawyers Mall...
Good luck with that....

phreddyp

The sad part is its almost always the same people that show up, the same gun stores that sue the State. 30% of Marylanders are gun owners, wanna see change? Get 10% of them to show up on Lawyers Mall...
Good luck with that....
30% maybe legal gun owners but I think that stat is incorrect. During this whole Covid panic quite a few of my antigun friends chose to arm themselves . It's funny to hear them talk about how they really haven't changed, and they can't believe the cost or availability of ammo.