Smoking Ban in MD

How do you feel about the Smoking Ban?

• Unaffected

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • About time. Get those filthy smokers outside

Votes: 49 50.0%
  • I hate it! You have no right to tell me.

Votes: 31 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
just trying to show kyle how retarded his request for a COD labeled 'secondhand smoke' is......

WTF?

You claim second-hand smoke is a lethal substance that causes cancer and emphazema in non-smokers and kills.

All I'm asking for is 1.

Not too much to ask.

tommyjones

WTF?

You claim second-hand smoke is a lethal substance that causes cancer and emphazema in non-smokers and kills.

All I'm asking for is 1.

Not too much to ask.

i said that cigs are known to cause cancer, and that logic tells you that second hand smoke is bad for you....

that is all.

Last edited:

This_person

WTF?

All I'm asking for is 1.

Not too much to ask.
I gave you 3,000 previously:
Surgeon General said:
Respiratory Health Effects of Passive Smoking (Also Known as Exposure to Secondhand Smoke or Environmental Tobacco Smoke - ETS) (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1992)
Key findings:

In adults:

ETS is a human lung carcinogen, responsible for approximately 3,000 lung cancer deaths annually in U.S. nonsmokers. ETS has been classified as a Group A carcinogen under EPA's carcinogen assessment guidelines. This classification is reserved for those compounds or mixtures which have been shown to cause cancer in humans, based on studies in human populations.
This is from the EPA - not exactly a biased source. There's links on the link provided to the actual study.

Smoke. It's bad for you, like eating too many french fries or sodas, like driving too fast or showering in a lightening storm. It's no one else's business.

And, employers should provide healthy environments as appropriate to their employers. If that means having big fans to remove smoke, it does. The smoking ban is stupid, but not sufficienlty lowering the toxic concentration in the air is just as stupid. There were better solutions than a ban, though.

tommyjones

Don't be pissed at me just because you're an idiot. I didn't give birth to you, and if I had, you would at least have a brain cell or two rattling around in your cage.

I'll take not being in a smoke filled bar for 1000 alex......

gotta love when the smoketards get all bent out of shape cuz they got to go outside to enjoy there nasty addition.......

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good...

I'll take not being in a smoke filled bar for 1000 alex......

gotta love when the smoketards get all bent out of shape cuz they got to go outside to enjoy there nasty addition.......

...come back! Witty, cross reference intellectual show to illustrate depth and sophistication, ignore flaws in own argument about spread of government.

Smoketards.

tommyjones

...come back! Witty, cross reference intellectual show to illustrate depth and sophistication, ignore flaws in own argument about spread of government.

Smoketards.

i dont have an argument about the spread of government, that was your argument.......:doh:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
just trying to show kyle how retarded his request for a COD labeled 'secondhand smoke' is......

WTF?

All I'm asking for is 1.

Not too much to ask.

This_person

WTF?

All I'm asking for is 1.

Not too much to ask.
I gave you 3,000 previously:
Surgeon General said:
Respiratory Health Effects of Passive Smoking (Also Known as Exposure to Secondhand Smoke or Environmental Tobacco Smoke - ETS) (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1992)
Key findings:

In adults:

ETS is a human lung carcinogen, responsible for approximately 3,000 lung cancer deaths annually in U.S. nonsmokers. ETS has been classified as a Group A carcinogen under EPA's carcinogen assessment guidelines. This classification is reserved for those compounds or mixtures which have been shown to cause cancer in humans, based on studies in human populations.
This is from the EPA - not exactly a biased source. There's links on the link provided to the actual study.

Smoke. It's bad for you, like eating too many french fries or sodas, like driving too fast or showering in a lightening storm. It's no one else's business.

And, employers should provide healthy environments as appropriate to their employers. If that means having big fans to remove smoke, it does. The smoking ban is stupid, but not sufficienlty lowering the toxic concentration in the air is just as stupid. There were better solutions than a ban, though.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I gave you 3,000 previously:This is from the EPA - not exactly a biased source. There's links on the link provided to the actual study.

And that study, by the EPA, was declared null and void by Judge Osteen in 1998. Granted his ruling was later overturned on a technicality as to process but the result of his decision was that the EPA sought out preconceived results. In the judge's words
"In this case, EPA publicly committed to a conclusion before research had begun; excluded industry by violating the Act's procedural requirements; adjusted established procedure and scientific norms to validate the Agency's public conclusion, and aggressively utilized the Act's authority to disseminate findings to establish a de facto regulatory scheme intended to restrict Plaintiffs, products and to influence public opinion. In conducting the ETS Risk Assessment, disregarded information and made findings on selective information; did not disseminate significant epidemiologic information; deviated from its Risk Assessment Guidelines; failed to disclose important findings and reasoning; and left significant questions without answers. EPA's conduct left substantial holes in the administrative record. While so doing, produced limited evidence, then claimed the weight of the Agency's research evidence demonstrated ETS causes cancer. Gathering all relevant information, researching, and disseminating findings were subordinate to EPA's demonstrating ETS a Group A carcinogen."
Yep, the EPA was unbiased - :sarcasm:

PsyOps

Pixelated
My great-grandmother never smoked, and was allergic to it, so nobody even ever smoked around her.

Died of lung cancer 34 years ago.

What's your point?

I already know how you feel. It's pointless to try to convince you otherwise. If the addiction is so strong within you that you're willing to deny the health problems associated with it, then all I can say is you will eventually reap what you are sowing.

I hope you are one of the very few that don't suffer from any ill-effects of smoking. I doubt you will be. My dad, even after his triple bypass and now diagnosed emphysema, he denies that his decades of smoking had anything to do with it. My aunt died a horrible, slow and painful death. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope you are one of the very few that don't suffer from any ill-effects of smoking.

I don't believe that for one minute. I think you are licking your chops in hopes I come down with some dread disease so you can go, "HA! I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep, the EPA was unbiased -

The government does crap like that all the time. This will kill you, that will kill you, blah blah blah. Then nothing happens and they have to make up some new scare tactic to control the rabble.

It's amazing that anyone falls for this anymore.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
The government does crap like that all the time. This will kill you, that will kill you, blah blah blah. Then nothing happens and they have to make up some new scare tactic to control the rabble.

It's amazing that anyone falls for this anymore.

So, the government made up this whole thing about cigarette smoking being bad for you? Do you really think it's a healthy thing to do? I agree the government can be a little controlling at time but I think it's a no brainer that cigarette smoking is a bad nasty habit. It's a personal choice and you have a right to smoke but you can't tell us it's a healthy choice that doesn't have any negative affects on your body.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
you can't tell us it's a healthy choice that doesn't have any negative affects on your body.

Even if it's not, why do you care? I no longer do it around you in restaurants and bars, and you're not my Dad, so mind your own business and find something else to worry about besides the health of a stranger on the internet.