So what's everyone doing for the Fourth?

PeoplesElbow

Poor Apollo - he hates Fourth of July more than anything. I had to shut him up in the bathroom while I was gone so he'd feel secure and cocooned.

Anyway, the fireworks were spectacular and the band was top notch. Happy birthday, America!
There is a cartoon on Tuesday nights called house broken about animals that talk in therapy sessions with each other and they call it boom day or something like that. It's not really my cup of tea but that was funny and so relatable.

Ah here it is

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Still fighting the fleas. Ran out of cortizone cream.

But the worst part... I got bit on my chin under my beard. The only way to effectively treat it was to....

shave the beard off. So sad. Haven't been without my chin buddy in over 25 years. I look nekkid.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I usually go to a goatee once a summer, take good look in the mirror, and I'm reminded of why I grow a beard.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I usually go to a goatee once a summer, take good look in the mirror, and I'm reminded of why I grow a beard.
Yeah, I call it a beard, but it's a goatee. Was a goatee. :ohwell:
I did grow a full beard once. My brother looked at me and called me a mountain man. Trimmed it to a goatee.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Still fighting the fleas.
They are a bitch to get rid of, even with multiple bombings. What finally worked for me (years ago when living in Compton) was a liberal coating of salt on the floors left overnight. It pulls the water out of the air and drowns them. Make sure you have a good shop vac when you clean it up as it will clog any other type of vacuum.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
They are a bitch to get rid of, even with multiple bombings. What finally worked for me (years ago when living in Compton) was a liberal coating of salt on the floors left overnight. It pulls the water out of the air and drowns them. Make sure you have a good shop vac when you clean it up as it will clog any other type of vacuum.
I've heard of people doing this with couch cushions before. I thought the guy was crazy, but he proved it to me when someone gave him an infested couch. :yay:

UglyBear

Still fighting the fleas. Ran out of cortizone cream.

But the worst part... I got bit on my chin under my beard. The only way to effectively treat it was to....

shave the beard off. So sad. Haven't been without my chin buddy in over 25 years. I look nekkid.

black dog

Free America
I've heard of people doing this with couch cushions before. I thought the guy was crazy, but he proved it to me when someone gave him an infested couch. :yay:

I have been told that dusting with Diatomaceous Earth will do a swift job also.
The sharp edges of the material will cut the outer layer of the exoskeleton and the fleas will parish.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Yeah, been here before, and yes, a real PITA to get rid of. Vacuuming is a big part of getting rid of them.
You have no idea how close to the truth this is and my state of mind right now....
The sharp edges of the material will cut the outer layer of the exoskeleton and the fleas will parish.
Oh well, then I'd feel bad about killing them if they are religious and fleeing to their house of God for sanctuary from the chemical attacks.