SOMD.com Campout - August 15 - 17

We were out this past weekend and this guy pulls in his 40 footer, nice... slide outs galore and out came a cat with a glittering collar that I later learned routinely runs the camp grounds he visits and comes back when called. I could have flipped. I have never seen anything like that before and she visited everyone's camper who didn't have dogs and looked both ways when crossing the street. I know it sounds like I'm bullchitting you but I'm serious... It was one cool cat!

Wow! A Cat-Dog. :lol: We went with friends who had friends camping (at BethPage) and they brought their cat. It would stay right with the camper and camp site as that was as far as it would go.

Pandora

Wow! A Cat-Dog. :lol: We went with friends who had friends camping (at BethPage) and they brought their cat. It would stay right with the camper and camp site as that was as far as it would go.

:lol: Cat-Dog was my first thought, I got a bit tipsy and made up a stupid song about the kitty but what happens in Urbanna stays in Urbanna. Thank Gawd!

backagain39

We were out this past weekend and this guy pulls in his 40 footer, nice... slide outs galore and out came a cat with a glittering collar that I later learned routinely runs the camp grounds he visits and comes back when called. I could have flipped. I have never seen anything like that before and she visited everyone's camper who didn't have dogs and looked both ways when crossing the street. I know it sounds like I'm bullchitting you but I'm serious... It was one cool cat!

I have two cats that come in from outside when I call their names............:shrug:

Pandora

I have two cats that come in from outside when I call their names............:shrug:

I have 3 cats, 2 that come when I call their names but I wouldn't feel confident taking them and setting them free at a strange campground. And I'm not so sure I could take the chance either. You know what I mean? :confused:

backagain39

I have 3 cats, 2 that come when I call their names but I wouldn't feel confident taking them and setting them free at a strange campground. And I'm not so sure I could take the chance either. You know what I mean? :confused:

My female would stay right with me............

bcp

In My Opinion
My female would stay right with me............
I think all of us men like to think that our female will stay right with us and bring us beer and food as needed.

I forgot clean shorts. with all the beer and food, sooner or later...........

backagain39

I think all of us men like to think that our female will stay right with us and bring us beer and food as needed.

I forgot clean shorts. with all the beer and food, sooner or later...........

I wouldn't know coz I am female and I was talking about a cat...........:killingme

bcp

In My Opinion
I wouldn't know coz I am female and I was talking about a cat...........:killingme

I know you are female.
Ive been slapped on here before for making off color comments about certain lifestyle, I didnt want to sound like a bigot or something.:killingme

:lol: Cat-Dog was my first thought, I got a bit tipsy and made up a stupid song about the kitty but what happens in Urbanna stays in Urbanna. Thank Gawd!

:roflmao: 'Aint that the truth!

If/when we ever meet I have a Bethpage/7th District story for you. :killingme

backagain39

I know you are female.
Ive been slapped on here before for making off color comments about certain lifestyle, I didnt want to sound like a bigot or something.:killingme

What lifestyle?....I was talking about my pet female cat....not a female friend.....:killingme

backagain39

Although I did have a newbie female pm me and ask me my age and location and what I liked to do......I should have introduced her to my cat......:killingme

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
If we do decide to come I will bring my son also, he will be 13 sept. He loves baseball, is there a place we could all get togther and have a baseball game? That could be fun for the young ones!!!! I will be the fan cheering everyone on in the stands!!!!

I haven't been back to Take it Easy Ranch since I played ball for Hazel and Irving (original owners who with their sons built the campgrounds, lake, ball fields and stage) We won the state and county championships two years. It was back in the late 70's early 80's. I have nothing but fond memories of playing good ball, then getting the other team drunk and spending the night under the big tree in back of the bar watching the sun come up and wondering where the night went:) No doubt in my mind, that was the best party place I've ever been too in my life. They used to have three ball fields but don't know if they are still there. We had the 10 year reunion of the ball team on my farm, missed the 20 year reunion but may have a 25 year reunion soon. I worked security for them at a few of their functions. Had to make ice runs for concerts and went to see the Eagles play there. Watched them drag the pond when two people drowned, that was creepy. I've been through on horseback a few times as it is close to my farm through woods and across one major road. I might just have to come by and have a few drinks, remember the good ole times and meet some of you........

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
Im thinking that on that Saturday night we should have a group type dinner, maybe some live entertainment, maybe we can get larry to come down, get drunk and play the guitar or something.

what say ye all

T

toppick08

Im thinking that on that Saturday night we should have a group type dinner, maybe some live entertainment, maybe we can get larry to come down, get drunk and play the guitar or something.

what say ye all

I'm bringing fried okra...and I'm wearing my crocs.....:diva:

yankee44

what say ye all

Sounds great to me!!! Like I said in an earlier post I can bring my huge tow behind grill.

vbailey

vbailey
I haven't been back to Take it Easy Ranch since I played ball for Hazel and Irving (original owners who with their sons built the campgrounds, lake, ball fields and stage) We won the state and county championships two years. It was back in the late 70's early 80's. I have nothing but fond memories of playing good ball, then getting the other team drunk and spending the night under the big tree in back of the bar watching the sun come up and wondering where the night went:) No doubt in my mind, that was the best party place I've ever been too in my life. They used to have three ball fields but don't know if they are still there. We had the 10 year reunion of the ball team on my farm, missed the 20 year reunion but may have a 25 year reunion soon. I worked security for them at a few of their functions. Had to make ice runs for concerts and went to see the Eagles play there. Watched them drag the pond when two people drowned, that was creepy. I've been through on horseback a few times as it is close to my farm through woods and across one major road. I might just have to come by and have a few drinks, remember the good ole times and meet some of you........

Wow, sounds like you could write a book...