SOMD.com Campout - August 15 - 17

yankee44

now we just have to find a half a pig or something to throw on it and slow cook.
Pulled pork.

I was thinking we could get a couple of pork butts and a brisket or two and cook them up.

What says everyone? I will get the Brisket.

yankee44

but I was thinking front to back, he still would have had half his organs all the way.
if you cut of the rump completely, how is he supposed to poo?

I have still not figured out why they call it a pork butt when it comes from the front sholder. :shrug:

I was thinking we could get a couple of pork butts and a brisket or two and cook them up.

What says everyone? I will get the Brisket.

I will get a big piece of Beef of some sort... we need to get a head count to see who wants to do a collective dinner.

I would also say "pot luck" - we can provide beef and pork and others can bring whatever to add (sides) and what is there is there. :shrug:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I will get a big piece of Beef of some sort... we need to get a head count to see who wants to do a collective dinner.

I would also say "pot luck" - we can provide beef and pork and others can bring whatever to add (sides) and what is there is there. :shrug:

We MAY stop by to visit, but NO camping. Sorry.... :whistle:

What kind of side dish do you want me to bring?

I makes a very good Strawberry pies, S'more pies, etc.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Hmm...don't know about camping because I have a lot going on but what about stopping by to say "hey".

Do I have to camp?:lmao:

Hmm...don't know about camping because I have a lot going on but what about stopping by to say "hey".

Do I have to camp?:lmao:

You do not have to if you do not want to... we would like people to stop by and just say hi, hangout for a bit - have a beer or two... I am assuming Saturday (especially in the evening) will be the time for that as people will be rolling in Friday and setting up

I am planning on getting there on Friday and setting my trailer up and grabbing at lease 4 spots side-by-side. I will post the location and people can pull up and look on the map.

I stopped and spoke with Ann today and they are excited to have us.

How many full-hookups are needed?

How many full hookup campers are planning on being there? I know Yankee, BCP and I will have TT's there - any other people with trailers planning on coming and setting up?

bcp

In My Opinion
I'm going to miss seeing my best bud BL :buddies: Have some Jigga Jooze for me. :otter:

I'll be on travel 13th-23rd in Mexico.
Would have loved to meet you, but you be safe in Mexico.
and remember, when driving back across the border, and you got that serious hangover and dont remember what you did the night before,, check under the sombreros in the back of the truck, you might not have just bought a bunch of hats, there might be dudes under those things trying to sneak in .

bcp

In My Opinion
How many full hookup campers are planning on being there? I know Yankee, BCP and I will have TT's there - any other people with trailers planning on coming and setting up?

I know how y'all are, you and yankee are gonna set up and stick me in the middle so I look like the section 8 camper.