Speed Too Great For Conditions

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
Ohhhhh, so you're one of those drivers..... :twitch:
And you're...what? One of those drivers that doesn't brake when the car in front of you brakes? :confused:

QUIT PICKING ON ME!!! I HATE YOU ALL!!!! :bawl:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
vraiblonde said:
And you're...what? One of those drivers that doesn't brake when the car in front of you brakes? :confused:

:poorbaby: There, there, now.

Wanna hear a secret about THEM? :gossip:

:killingme :killingme

:huggy:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:

If the car in front of me brakes I do not always hit my brakes no. I was just kidding with you :poorbaby: and refering to those people who hit their brakes every two seconds for no apparent reason and the chain of people behind them that do the exact same thing. I lift off the accelerator but don't hit the brakes unless I need to slow down conserably or stop. Unless of course a ladder is dropped in front of me; then I slam on the brakes and swerve into a ditch! :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
I have slid on ice while going 10 mph. Really. I tapped my brakes and zing!

Accidents happen. They just do.
:yeahthat: 2 years ago, I was almost involved in a very similar accident described. I was driving along on Rte 6 in the "rain" (which turned out to be freezing rain), going 55, 5 over the speed limit. I slid going around a turn, and began to slide into oncoming traffic. I know that you're supposed to turn into the slide, but had I done that, I would've hit the man coming at me head on, and quite possibly killed one or both of us. Instead I jerked my steering wheel in the opposite direction, spun around a few times, slid down an embankment, and hit a tree with my driver's side door. Luckily, I came out of it with only a cut on my hand, and the driver that I almost hit stood outside in the rain with me and waited for the police to come.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Bogart said:
get a room you two :duh:
Sorry, Bogey, I can't resist -

With what you're paying in car insurance...

We could rent the whole dang hotel!!!!!!:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

(Really sorry, man....)

Bogart

Railroad said:
Sorry, Bogey, I can't resist -

With what you're paying in car insurance...

We could rent the whole dang hotel!!!!!!:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

(Really sorry, man....)
I pay $53.12 a year :shrug:

Nickel said:
:yeahthat: 2 years ago, I was almost involved in a very similar accident described. I was driving along on Rte 6 in the "rain" (which turned out to be freezing rain), going 55, 5 over the speed limit.
Waaaait a minute...time out... please elaborate on the part where you going 5 over the 50 mph speed limit and sliding on freezing rain was very similar to Vrai tapping the brakes and sliding at 10 mph... I'm missing summin'...:confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
please elaborate on the part where you going 5 over the 50 mph speed limit and sliding on freezing rain was very similar to Vrai tapping the brakes and sliding at 10 mph...
:bawl: Thank you :sniff:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
kwillia said:
Waaaait a minute...time out... please elaborate on the part where you going 5 over the 50 mph speed limit and sliding on freezing rain was very similar to Vrai tapping the brakes and sliding at 10 mph... I'm missing summin'...:confused:

I can't wait for this answer. :tap:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
DoWhat said:
I just walked outside to check out the weather and I slipped on some ice.

You were walking too fast and not paying attention. Did you fall and hurt yourself?

God is punishing you for making fun of the chubbies. :ohwell:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
vraiblonde said:
You know, it didn't seem like that big of a deal at the time. When I see brake lights light up on the car in front of me, my first instinct is to tap my own brakes.

Training in how to drive a car will teach you the proper response for various situations. Taping you brakes on ice isn't a good idea. A good performance school will teach you how to drive sideways. Slow speeds with poor traction gives you the same dynamics as high speed driving.

pixiegirl said:
I lift off the accelerator but don't hit the brakes unless I need to slow down conserably or stop.

The automatic responses of people that drive stick shifts are usually more correct. I think it's because they view driving a a learned skill, not something you do in order to get from point "A" to point "B". Lifting off the accelerator in an automatic doesn't do much because engine braking is almost non existant.