stuffed ham

Pete

Repete
Had it........liked it. I think it would be easy to OD on it and :barf: but in small quantities it is tasty.

Vince

Love stuffed ham, sandwich or on a plate. Love crabs and oysters. Love scrapple, especially homemade. But a softcrab sandwich with hot mustard would sure taste great right now.:yum:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Vince
Love stuffed ham, sandwich or on a plate. Love crabs and oysters. Love scrapple, especially homemade. But a softcrab sandwich with hot mustard would sure taste great right now.:yum:
SHUT UP, you're making me hungry'r. :lmao:

scrappyann

I just love stuffed ham. I'm originally from PA and didn't try it till about 15 yrs ago, after I moved to Calvert. We fixed a couple stuffed hams, but boy what a job!! The stuffing would fall out as quickly as I put it in! I know why it's so expensive to buy!:bawl:

JoanieBlon

Thanks SO MUCH For the Recipes!

Kain99 said:

I won't lie to ya, Stuffed Ham can require an acquired taste.

I can tell you, I acquired the taste IMMEDIATELY. Had my first Southern Maryland Stuffed Ham last night. I could tell with the first bite that the meat had been corned and was NOT Southern cured ham. My husband, who was born in Leonardtown kept raving on and on about the stuffed hams his grandmother, who lived in California, used to make.

We finally ordered one for Christmas from Woodburns in Solomons and had it shipped to us in Tampa. :yikes: Not going to even say just how much $$$$ THAT ran! We had to have it overnighted to us.

I decided that the NEXT stuffed ham we are going to have is one that we make ourselves. Thanks for providing the recipe for corning the ham. Those absolutely are NOT available in Tampa.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
JoanieBlon said:
I can tell you, I acquired the taste IMMEDIATELY.
So did I, and there's nothing like a homemade stuffed ham. My girlfriend's daughter makes the best I've ever had.

Merry Christmas, Tampa!

JoanieBlon

Ehesef said:
I have tried scrapple, but don't care for it. I think if I hadn't witnessed it being made, I would be ok with it...

I LOVE scrapple, but don't care for "Pennsylvania" style, which has a lot of liver scaps in it. I prefer the German style scrapple which is made with the neck bone meat ~ smoked, possibly. This style of scrapple is very pale colored, and quite firm when it's fried ....and it tastes SOOOOOOO GOOD!!
:razz: :yahoo:

View Our Slideshows With Music at: http://www.maison-t-bayou.com

Last edited:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I LOVE stuffed ham. Just finished some at my in laws...and steamed oysters..and beer. Traditional Mckay Christmas Eve dinner.:wink:

I LOVE to eat 'em but hate to stuff 'em. We stuffed 12 of the suckers at Thankgiving.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My mom just tole me she got me a couple of pounds of stuffed ham that my aunt and uncle makes. :banana: The BEST stuff on earth. :yum:

scrappyann

We spent a good part of today fixing a stuffed ham - what a mess!!!!! Like I said before, I can understand why these things cost so much to buy already made.
But boy, I just sampled a little on a roll with mayo and UMMMMMMMMMMM DELISH :elaine: :elaine: !!!! Hope this doesn't send my already high colesterol off the charts!

Otter

Nothing to see here
scrappyann said:
We spent a good part of today fixing a stuffed ham - what a mess!!!!! Like I said before, I can understand why these things cost so much to buy already made.
But boy, I just sampled a little on a roll with mayo and UMMMMMMMMMMM DELISH :elaine: :elaine: !!!! Hope this doesn't send my already high colesterol off the charts!

Hmmmm, 8 posts in 2 years..Guess we'll see ya again in March..Merry xmas, happy New Year, happy Presidents day, happy Valentines day and fill us in on what you did on St Paddy's day.

JoanieBlon

JoanieBlon said:
I LOVE scrapple, but don't care for "Pennsylvania" style, which has a lot of liver scaps in it. I prefer the German style scrapple which is made with the neck bone meat ~ smoked, possibly. This style of scrapple is very pale colored, and quite firm when it's fried ....and it tastes SOOOOOOO GOOD!!
:razz: :yahoo:

View Our Slideshows With Music at: http://www.maison-t-bayou.com

Still thinking about the scrapple we used to buy at a German butcher shop. I honestly think they used to press it in a ham press. It was very dry and firm when you fried it. We always used to eat it with fried eggs. YUUM! :yum:

Last edited: