symptoms

SoMDGirl42

You may also want to have your thyroid checked. That would account for the weight gain and being tired and it will mess up your periods as well.

Pandora

You may also want to have your thyroid checked. That would account for the weight gain and being tired and it will mess up your periods as well.

Good advice and if nothing shows there, make sure they do a sonogram and consider a scrape for Endometriosis, you know, provided you are not pregnant.

I have a personal question for you and you can choose to answer it or not, but I am pretty blunt whether it be online or IRL, are you okay with the notion that you are marrying somebody who may never give you a child(ren) of your own?

When I was your age, I had a partial hysterectomy, so I figured Mother Nature was going to make sure my desire to not have children was fulfilled. Like I have said a few times on this board, I raised my two sisters and was fairly tied down young because of that. So, it was a shocker when several years later I ended up pregnant. Now, I cannot imagine life without my children and as I got in my later 20's, my attitude towards my earlier decision had changed drastically - so did my body size, bye-bye size 4. :whistle:

kvj21075

Meow
Good advice and if nothing shows there, make sure they do a sonogram and consider a scrape for Endometriosis, you know, provided you are not pregnant.

I have a personal question for you and you can choose to answer it or not, but I am pretty blunt whether it be online or IRL, are you okay with the notion that you are marrying somebody who may never give you a child(ren) of your own?

When I was your age, I had a partial hysterectomy, so I figured Mother Nature was going to make sure my desire to not have children was fulfilled. Like I have said a few times on this board, I raised my two sisters and was fairly tied down young because of that. So, it was a shocker when several years later I ended up pregnant. Now, I cannot imagine life without my children and as I got in my later 20's, my attitude towards my earlier decision had changed drastically - so did my body size, bye-bye size 4. :whistle:
we want to have a kid someday, just not right now. he can always get unfixed. its not a huge deal.

SoMDGirl42

Now I have a personal question for you and you can choose to answer to not, but I'm a bit confused. Everyone I know that has ever had a "partial hysterectomy" has had their uterus removed and the ovaries left behind. How did you become pregnant without a uterus or did you have an ovary removed? If that is the case, it is not a partial hysterectomy.

Hysterectomy-Topic Overview
A hysterectomy is surgery to take out a woman’s uterus, the organ in a woman's belly where a baby grows during pregnancy. After a hysterectomy, you will not be able to get pregnant.

Pandora

What part? Hysterectomy any way you cut it is removal of the uterus.

They removed an ovary, fallopian tube, part of my other ovary and part of my uterus. When I had my 2nd son, the area that was scar tissue tore and why I ended up at John Hopkins when I was 26 weeks along.

I was told after the surgery I may never have children or perhaps I could, there was just no research on success.

SoMDGirl42

we want to have a kid someday, just not right now. he can always get unfixed. its not a huge deal.

You may want to do some investigating on this issue. It is a huge deal, and not nearly 100 % effective. It's much harder to do a reversal and the chances of success also depend on how long it's been since he had it done.

kvj21075

Meow
You may want to do some investigating on this issue. It is a huge deal, and not nearly 100 % effective. It's much harder to do a reversal and the chances of success also depend on how long it's been since he had it done.
i think he got it done 5 years ago :confused: ford?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Now I have a personal question for you and you can choose to answer to not, but I'm a bit confused. Everyone I know that has ever had a "partial hysterectomy" has had their uterus removed and the ovaries left behind. How did you become pregnant without a uterus or did you have an ovary removed? If that is the case, it is not a partial hysterectomy.

Hysterectomy-Topic Overview
A hysterectomy is surgery to take out a woman’s uterus, the organ in a woman's belly where a baby grows during pregnancy. After a hysterectomy, you will not be able to get pregnant.

:lol: Actually a partial hysterectomy takes the uterus and leaves the cervix. A total takes both. If you take all of that along with the ovaries, it's call total hysterecomy with oophorectomy..or something like that. I know...I had a total years ago...kept my ovaries.

4d2008

Her and I have talked about it A LOT.. We know what we are dealing with. :buddies:

Its not up to "us".. Anything can happen.

nomoney

Hmmmm...instead of googling my symptoms or buying a 4$ pregnancy test at wally world. I shoud go on the forums and try to act stupid to start fake bickering. :yawn: