symptoms

tyky

eieio
Since we are all here sharing....

Has anyone ever got off depo to get prego and how long did it take??

took me a lil over 2 years...but then again I wasn't exactly watching ovulation or anything just stopped getting the shot and when it happened it happened. Now my kids are a lil over 4 years apart :cds:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Oh great... Mood swings worse than now?!?!:cds:

Pandora, there is a link between tubal ligation and early menopause due to the blood supply to the ovaries (major hormone producers) being reduced. I'm sure after surgery like your the same concept could apply. I just turned 30 and am on a natural progesterone supplement.

SoMDGirl42

Since we are all here sharing....

Has anyone ever got off depo to get prego and how long did it take??

I stopped the shots in 1995 and got pregnant in 2005. Now mind you, I was taking BC pills to prevent getting pregnant, so this doesn't really help you but I was just sharing my story like everyone else. :killingme

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Well since we are sharing... I got pregnant on the pill.. :lol:

After that I got fixed :lol: If I got pregnant now :cds: I think I would die.. I keep telling hubby he needs to go get it done... just in case :lol:

Yeah, since we're sharing......

We're going to try for our first child next year (May 16th to be exact :lol:)...when should I stop taking my pills?

Pandora

kvj,

I asked you my question because you have no idea the challenges you are about to embark on if one isn't able to reproduce and the other wants to have a child. Girl, I was completely prepared to leave my husband and let him go so that he could find somebody that could give him the family he always wanted and numerous hurts that you'll become acquainted with during a marriage happened during that time frame. My husband and I weren't even living in the same house when I learned I was pregnant (talk about putting your dirty laundry out there). But, I was very lucky and will never consider myself (or us) unfortunate because having children was a huge gift to us when things were really stacked against us but things don't always turn out that way.

I think you need to seriously consider and discuss the fact that you may never have a child of your own and consider and discuss other measures that can be taken because 4d might not be able to give you sperm.

I'm blunt... especially on this topic and I will not sugar coat it.

Pixie,

I know, I have read some of the 'early' studies but many doctors haven't been willing to acknowledge the preliminary research (mine was one of them) but my 2nd opinion did acknowledge it was a possibility. Thickening of the uterus is a significant sign when cancer has been ruled out and of course all the other wonderful symptoms. :cds:

On another note, I opted for the procedure I had vs. a hysterectomy at this time. However, it seems hysterectomies are no where near as invasive as they used to be. It isn't your grandmother's hysterectomy no more and that is a good thing! :yay:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Question for the ladies who are prego or not

How old are you and how old is your husband, SO, boyfriend, etc.?

same question for your last child?

jaie

So happy!
Question for the ladies who are prego or not

How old are you and how old is your husband, SO, boyfriend, etc.?

same question for your last child?

I will be 29 at the end of the year and he will be 39 at the end of the year. This is his first.