The Good Wife

J

julz20684

kwillia said:
I am 15 years into a successful marriage and I can say it is hard at this point in our life to keep the relationship working. It works in our favor that we are committed to each other, know each other inside and out and see us growing old with each other, but it is still constant work just the same. I couldn't imagine trying to start up and maintain a lasting relationship anew.

I truly belive I will never be at the point in my life where I can proudly say I've been married for 15 years; through the good and the bad.

I'm not saying my clock is ticking, if I never get married again, then so be it...I'm not on a quest to get married. Do I want a relationship, absolutely I do; with the right person...just like you and Catt found many years ago and through all the ups and downs, all the hard times, and all the EFFORT it took to be where you are today! I envy you.

J

julz20684

K_Jo said:
How gay is a little gay? :confused:

Maybe I should change my signature to "I'm a ghey man, and sometimes a ghey woman, trapped in a woman's body"

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
julz20684 said:
Maybe I should change my signature to "I'm a ghey man, and sometimes a ghey woman, trapped in a woman's body"
I'm either confused or grossed out. Can't decide which.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
I couldn't imagine trying to start up and maintain a lasting relationship anew.
OMG :faint: If something happened between me and Larry, I'd either become celibate or go lesbo, and that's the truth.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
OMG :faint: If something happened between me and Larry, I'd either become celibate or go lesbo, and that's the truth.
I just want a baby. If C_Jo and I split up, I'll simply search for handsome sperm.

F

Fat Momma

cattitude said:
See, I think that's not a fair statement. I'm of the opinion that women expect too much from men and/or expect them to think and react like they think they should. Men and women get bored or don't feel loved and do stupid things or just become complacent. Kids, money, work and other aspects of everyday life take a toll on a marriage. Granted, I think a lot of men give up, but probably because it's an easy way out. I'm of the belief that the woman holds the key to a happy marriage but often doesn't realize it until it's too late.

The key to a happy marrige is held by both the husband and the wife. I think I agree with most of what you said though. Some women expect to be saved by this Knight in shining armour but once that has passed then what?
Then you have the DIVA's in the world that think the men are only there to pay 100& attention to them and treat them as if they are God'd gift to man.

Being able to share things and know when to step away for some "me time" is so important. AND while I am ranting I hate those couples who sit in the booth at a resteraunt and the women insists on sitting right beside the guy when there is a perfectly good seat across from him....as if she could not crawl up his ass anymore, same thing with a pick up truck......Closesness is grand but to the point of being stuck up someones butt.

Okay I am done.

Pete

Repete
julz20684 said:
What I mean is at my age, most men I meet just don't want to invest in the time and effort it takes to be in a relationship; they want to do what they want when they want and that's it; basically they don't want to have to answer to anyone. .
Heh

vraiblonde said:
I couldn't do either. I would have a descrete "booty call" directory on my cell phone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
I would have a descrete "booty call" directory on my cell phone.
Not me - men suck at casual sex unless it was their idea. And even if it *was* their idea and you simply say, fine by me (and mean it), then they'll get all insecure and start wanting to know "where the relationship is going".

:rolleyes: