The picture thread

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mingiz said:
You know Happy I am finding it harder and harder with my knees to mount...Dr said it is common for people that have ridden all their life...Do you find this is true??

Pasofever said:
I am just totally scared that one day Mingiz or I are going to have to give you CPR :barf:

:barf: Your gonna die.... :dead: I will call 911 for ya....
Yea I have been having problems with my knees. Very very gritty. Dr wants to do ortho on them. Just can't quit riding long enough to do it. :lmao: Plus 20+years of softball, working/training horses. I also have a bulging disk and tear in my lower back. Finally got smart about 10yrs ago and got a desk job. That causes arse spread though... :whistle:
I've had 3. 2 ortho to take out that gritty feeling, and now my left one rebuilt his past summer. So i'd say yes, it's true. But ladies....just DO it. If you have the surgery to take out the gritty feeling on Friday you're back at work by Monday. No kidding. You walk home from the surgery. It's swollen sure, but that's normal. and SO worth it.

The rebuilding surgery...that's a little harder. I still can't fold em like i could a few years ago, but i will be able too by this summer. It takes a while. If you take care of your knees they'll take care of you. I didn't, i ignored the symptoms of a partial ruptured ACL/MCL so i had to have the rebuild because they both gave way at once, and pullled bone with them :shocking: . I won't make that mistake with the other knee.

Cowgirl

Phyxius said:
Hehe, yup, Java is the boy with the big butt. :) This is actually a picture of Java and Elaine from the same day as the Farm Tour. We both rode in a dressage schooling show that morning. :) Java is so cute.
elainejava2.jpg

:huggy: Aww...I miss Elaine. She was so great...definitely one of my favorite people at MD. I got to see her again at the Horse Expo.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
JasperGirl said:
Thanks...Thats what I would like her to be doing but she is to lazy...lol so I just do pleasure with her but I do the barrels and stuff on my cousins horse...Oh yea by the way Flare is cute. I'm not much of a thoroughbred person but I do like the shorter more stocky ones
do you go to any shows with your horse? does your cousin go to any nbha or ibra shows?

Carm

I got a horse again!! :)
Java

That's my old horse Jave that Elaine is on in that pic. I haven't met her yet. When I got divorced I had to sell him, broke my heart. I sold him when he was 6, I was the only person who had ever been on his back. He was a joy to ride, always willing to please, with an occasional buck of course. I rode him almost every day for 2 years. I hope to see him again soon. I could have sought him out before but I knew it would just hurt so bad. But now that I have a horse and am riding again I think I can handle it. I'm sure I'll cry like a baby though.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Katie said:
He is SO handsome - Peanut

I can't wait to do dressage shows. I might be ready by summer, but we are working on the canter collection, and him relaxing.

Thank You!

I'm assuming you mean dressage shows with Jacob? He'd look awesome! :)

K

Katie

Phyxius said:
Thank You!

I'm assuming you mean dressage shows with Jacob? He'd look awesome! :)

Nope Ashton. Ashton is 16.3 appendix QH.

I rode in a show today, but just did two halter classes with him. I rode my customer's horse in classes.

Have you ever just had a day at a show where nothing was really going well? That was today. We still managed to win a class though!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Carm said:
That's my old horse Jave that Elaine is on in that pic. I haven't met her yet. When I got divorced I had to sell him, broke my heart. I sold him when he was 6, I was the only person who had ever been on his back. He was a joy to ride, always willing to please, with an occasional buck of course. I rode him almost every day for 2 years. I hope to see him again soon. I could have sought him out before but I knew it would just hurt so bad. But now that I have a horse and am riding again I think I can handle it. I'm sure I'll cry like a baby though.

Congrats on the new horse! I thought Elaine bought Java from Sheila? My memory is horrible though and I'm probably wrong. What breed is the Java you know?

Elaine calls my lack of memory CRS, "Can't Remember sh!t". :)

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Katie said:
Nope Ashton. Ashton is 16.3 appendix QH.

I rode in a show today, but just did two halter classes with him. I rode my customer's horse in classes.

Have you ever just had a day at a show where nothing was really going well? That was today. We still managed to win a class though!

Aww, yes I certainly have...more than once. :lalala: Oh, well. I have fun anyway. :jameo: Congrats on the win!

K

Katie

Phyxius said:
Aww, yes I certainly have...more than once. :lalala: Oh, well. I have fun anyway. :jameo: Congrats on the win!

Yeah!!

The good part is my stage fright at horse shows is getting better!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Katie said:
Yeah!!

The good part is my stage fright at horse shows is getting better!

A valium and a couple jello shooters are your friend..if you are relaxed and dont GAS then the horse will be relaxed too.. :lmao:

Carm

Java

My aunt bought Java's mother from Melvin Foster. He told her she was a french warmblood. I've never heard of such a breed other then a Selle Francais. But if you know Melvin. Anyway, she was a large boned bay mare 15.3, nice temparment. Java's father was a Tennessee walker. My cousin owned him. I think that is why Java has such nice hock action. I bought him as a weenling. I sold him back to her when he was 6. I don't know if Elaine bought him from my aunt or if there was another owner in between. I believe he will be 10 this year.

K

Katie

Pasofever said:
A valium and a couple jello shooters are your friend..if you are relaxed and dont GAS then the horse will be relaxed too.. :lmao:

:lmao: yeah well that is why schooling shows help me. I get the jitters out for when it REALLY counts. Also going to talk to my dr about a little helper for horse show day. :whistle:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Carm said:
My aunt bought Java's mother from Melvin Foster. He told her she was a french warmblood. I've never heard of such a breed other then a Selle Francais. But if you know Melvin. Anyway, she was a large boned bay mare 15.3, nice temparment. Java's father was a Tennessee walker. My cousin owned him. I think that is why Java has such nice hock action. I bought him as a weenling. I sold him back to her when he was 6. I don't know if Elaine bought him from my aunt or if there was another owner in between. I believe he will be 10 this year.

Elaine's Java is a dutch warmblood cross.

Carm

Java

I saw that Elaine had Java listed as a Dutch TB X on the PVDA site. I'm sure that is what she was told.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Java's not much on hock action.
elainetrot2.jpg

And, he's never bucked a day in his life. That would require expending energy.

Nope, no relation to a Mark Dale.

But, here are some more of Peanut. (If anyone needs help posting pictures PM or e-mail me I'd be happy to help.)

bigheads.jpg

PVDA Ride for Life - Taylor Made licensed show.

T4Pcanter.jpg

PVDA Chapter Challenge

hunterhair1.jpg

Peanut says, "I can do the hunter thing too!"

dee4.jpg

Dee playing with the Amazing Graze (this is a great toy!!)

wdeebuck.jpg

Dee and Ruby enjoying last year's snow.

wrubyroll2.jpg

lululook.jpg

Lulu and Ruby sharing some hay.

5donkeys.jpg

Lily and Lulu, rescued donkeys.