the power

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Now over 107000 SMECO customers with power out. Baro steady 28.92. Peak wind last hour 45 kts.

WOW that number would include me too - wind is really bad - howling badly and sounds scary out there. I went out a bit ago and saw a lot of small branches on the ground, but nothing big whew! Talk about a way to clean your trees of dead or dying branches......

dgates80

Land of the lost
Currently over 103,000 without power. Baro is 29.11 . Light rain. Peak wind 42 knots in the last hour. SMECO crews are working many many down lines.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
The smeco map won't load on my phone. Anyone know if there is power in cre? I'm out a couple miles away but in a much smaller neighborhood. If its on in cre I'm heading to my house over there

'Morning. Power out in town creek, running on generator, still have inet access. I faired out ok, no damage, only a few branches down, but my neighbors all had huge trees fall. From my driveway, I can see 4 trees across the road. we're not getting out of here anytime soon.

dgates80

Land of the lost
The smeco map won't load on my phone. Anyone know if there is power in cre? I'm out a couple miles away but in a much smaller neighborhood. If its on in cre I'm heading to my house over there

Power is out in CRE, all access roads to CRE are blocked.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have no large branches or trees down :yay: and as far as I can see down the road there are no trees down, but I bet you there ARE trees down at some point.

Some of my chickens ended up a little wet and their pen is soaked despite my efforts with tarps and bungees to keep all the rain out. I had to make modifications and repairs regularly all night to keep the tarps in place.

It's time for breakfast - I think I'll fire up the grill :drool:

Homer J

Power Chord
Wirelessly posted

BadGirl said:
Homer J said:
Got power back down near Dameron about half hour ago.
We are in Dameron and are still without power.

We're right on the line between Lex Park and Dameron. Hopefully they'll get to you soon. Hang in there.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Wirelessly posted

We're right on the line between Lex Park and Dameron. Hopefully they'll get to you soon. Hang in there.
Thanks for the info we are off of St. Jerome's Neck Rd.
We hope to get power back shortly; went out at about 5 last night.

C

czygvtwkr

I never understood SMECO's tree plan here. If a tree can fall and take out a power line it needs to be trimmed or cut down. I come from a much smaller place than St Marys county and can count the amount of time I was without power as a kid in the minutes. Every summer the orange trucks were trimming trees. Here they just trim them so they don't actively touch the lines when its calm.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Kind of sad I just got a notice on the door last week that smeco was tree trimming on our road. Yet here I sit in the truck in the ac with a school at the end of my road and the power, phone and cable lines lay in the parking lot of the school and stretch down our road and the only power trucks I saw today were at Raleys having lunch. Sincerely yours frustrated, hot, crank and verging on being stinky.

PrepH4U

I never understood SMECO's tree plan here. If a tree can fall and take out a power line it needs to be trimmed or cut down. I come from a much smaller place than St Marys county and can count the amount of time I was without power as a kid in the minutes. Every summer the orange trucks were trimming trees. Here they just trim them so they don't actively touch the lines when its calm.

I kinda agree BUT not much they can do when the majority of the trees were uprooted. Of all the trees I saw down today most of them were actually uprooted. Most along flat iron were uprooted as was the 9 in our yard.

quattroginger

were in Hughesville of Herbert Road right by St. Mary's county line and still without power. now it seems like our generator is no longer doing its job for the fridge/freezer since everything seems to be melting. come onnnnnn SMECO!!! hook it up.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I kinda agree BUT not much they can do when the majority of the trees were uprooted. Of all the trees I saw down today most of them were actually uprooted. Most along flat iron were uprooted as was the 9 in our yard.
I think what he was saying is that if it can fall and hit the line, it is cut back to the point that it cannot hit the line if uprooted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
TONS of power lines down all over the county. Went touring while my cell was charging in the car and was pretty amazed at the number of trees that just flattened the lines. Still without power here and that's what our problem is - tree down at the end of the street took out the power lines.

I'm very thankful that I had no damage - just some water in the basement that was easily cleaned up and tree crap all over the yard. When the power is restored I'll be as good as new.

Condolences to you all who had damage. Trees suck.

JOKER

Great Mills Rd
Still No Power at my house.
They just opened the road (one lane)
When I drove out and looked at the extent of damaged and downed Electric lines and poles on my road,
I turned around got my laptop, portable scanner, snacks, and beverages and headed to the Executive Inn in Leonardtown. Checked in for a few days and enjoying the Air Condition, Hot Water Showers, Cable TV, Wireless internet connection, small fridge.
Life is good!