the power

dachsom

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Power back on at my house!!! Wow--that was a long, scary night!! We only had a few trees down and several more were cut off at the top. So sorry for those that suffered damage to their homes but glad everyone is ok.

Pete

Repete
I will not go through crap like this again without a generator. My neighborhood still out and 245 didn't look like its been touched yet and when they do it will take a while due to the number of broken poles and trees

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I will not go through crap like this again without a generator. My neighborhood still out and 245 didn't look like its been touched yet and when they do it will take a while due to the number of broken poles and trees

Just purchased one that will be here by Thursday. 5500 watt electric start w/ recoil backup.

UNA

Wirelessly posted

Pete said:

:yeahthat: and absolutely no one has any for sale, we searched all over SoMD. Drove down 245 just before dark and it was still a mess. :boo: SMECO doing the best they can I'm sure. :yay:

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Wirelessly posted

:yeahthat: and absolutely no one has any for sale, we searched all over SoMD. Drove down 245 just before dark and it was still a mess. :boo: SMECO doing the best they can I'm sure. :yay:

electricgeneratorsdirect.com can have a generator on your doorstep in 2 days. Mine will be here in 4 days since the accessory pack was on backorder.

UNA

Wirelessly posted

kom526 said:
Wirelessly posted

electricgeneratorsdirect.com can have a generator on your doorstep in 2 days. Mine will be here in 4 days since the accessory pack was on backorder.

We've already been out for 24+ hours, fridge is packed with ice but I don't think it can last 2 days. I will DEFINITELY look into it though. I'm not going this long without cold beverages or TV again! :lol: Thanks!!

Looking forward to going into the office tomorrow! :lol: anyone know how PAX faired?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Wirelessly posted

I've had SMECO for about the past 10 years and they are THE BEST power co. I have ever had with regard to getting power back on. My power came on earlier this evening. I was prepared to be out until tomorrow, so was surprised and happy when it came back on!

somdfunguy

not impressed
Wirelessly posted

Check out c.somd.com I posted mine on there since I didn't need it. So have a few others.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

thinking a PTO GENERATOR. 10 - 15 kW off of the PTO I have but still trying to figure out if there is any real advantage. I would think cost as you aren't buying an engine.

wintersprings

I have not opened the freezer, just how long with out power will they stay frozen???

No power here in Ridge. (Went out at 4pm on saturday)

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I have not opened the freezer, just how long with out power will they stay frozen???

No power here in Ridge. (Went out at 4pm on saturday)

I live in Leonardtown, been without power since about 8:30 saturday night. Some thingshave already started to thaw out as of yesterday mid-day.

Dev

Anti-theist
Anyone know if abberly crest has power yet? I saw a couple buildings had power last night

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
Anyone know if abberly crest has power yet? I saw a couple buildings had power last night

if u live in abberly crest best thing would be for you to go check your apt yourself to see if you have power (if its for a friend have them go check there place that is the best way to find out ). Some buildings could have it and some could not. I think it all depends on what transformer your building is on etc.

C

czygvtwkr

I kinda agree BUT not much they can do when the majority of the trees were uprooted. Of all the trees I saw down today most of them were actually uprooted. Most along flat iron were uprooted as was the 9 in our yard.

Like I said if it can fall (including being uprooted) it needs to be either cut down or trimmed short enough where it does not hit the line if it falls.