the power

shilo

I have not opened the freezer, just how long with out power will they stay frozen???

No power here in Ridge. (Went out at 4pm on saturday)

Wintersprings, call Buzz's Marina 301-872-5887 or come by. We have power and maybe we can help you out with some freezer space.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That's odd.....
Is there "a plan" for restoring power; meaning, this area first; then THIS area?

IMO

It looks like they are spreading their resources and hitting the less damaged areas 1st, so they can then concentrate on the harder hit areas. In the areas that have been restored how many new poles had to be planted? Dropping poles and stringing lines is a time consuming process whereas cutting leaners and replacing a transformer or two to energize several hundred or so people is a quick repair.

bulldog

IMO

It looks like they are spreading their resources and hitting the less damaged areas 1st, so they can then concentrate on the harder hit areas. In the areas that have been restored how many new poles had to be planted? Dropping poles and stringing lines is a time consuming process whereas cutting leaners and replacing a transformer or two to energize several hundred or so people is a quick repair.

To the contrary, I heard a radio piece that said they are concentrating on the hardest hit areas first...restoring power that would benefit the greatest numbers of customers at a time and thus leaving the more remote areas until later. No confirmation on that, but there is some logic in the plan...if it is the plan.

dave1959

To the contrary, I heard a radio piece that said they are concentrating on the hardest hit areas first...restoring power that would benefit the greatest numbers of customers at a time and thus leaving the more remote areas until later. No confirmation on that, but there is some logic in the plan...if it is the plan.

This is S.O.P.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have not opened the freezer, just how long with out power will they stay frozen???

No power here in Ridge. (Went out at 4pm on saturday)

What I heard on the radio says if freezer is half full, food will stay frozen for 1 day, if freezer is full, it will stay frozen for up to 2 days.

ellwooda

Anyone know if abberly crest has power yet? I saw a couple buildings had power last night
The same seven buildings that lost power are still out. The four along the back entrance and the three around the back clubhouse. I think the rest never lost power.

bulldog

What I heard on the radio says if freezer is half full, food will stay frozen for 1 day, if freezer is full, it will stay frozen for up to 2 days.

Heard the same thing so I took everything out of one and filled up the other. Power went out at 7ish Saturday night and we have not opened up the freezer door yet so I guess we'll see if the theory is correct when the power comes back and we take the first look.
I'll be upset if all my deer meat is a loss.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Heard the same thing so I took everything out of one and filled up the other. Power went out at 7ish Saturday night and we have not opened up the freezer door yet so I guess we'll see if the theory is correct when the power comes back and we take the first look.
I'll be upset if all my deer meat is a loss.

That's the great thing about having a generator, even just a small one. You can keep your fridge running a couple lights, and your PC-related stuff to stay in touch with the world.

somdfunguy

not impressed
Another good tip is to always have a full freezer. Fill empty milk jugs with water and freeze. This will also lower the amount of electricity used during normal operation.

ylexot

Super Genius
When I checked the outage map yesterday morning, there were ~100,000 customers without power. Now, there are ~45,000. The crews are doing a phenomenal job restoring power. :cheers:

UNA

Wirelessly posted

ArkRescue said:
Wirelessly posted

:yeahthat: and absolutely no one has any for sale, we searched all over SoMD. Drove down 245 just before dark and it was still a mess. :boo: SMECO doing the best they can I'm sure. :yay:

I've had SMECO for about the past 10 years and they are THE BEST power co. I have ever had with regard to getting power back on. My power came on earlier this evening. I was prepared to be out until tomorrow, so was surprised and happy when it came back on!

I've been with SMECO almost my whole life, they always do well. :yay:

Power still out, going on 48 hours. 245 was still a MESS this morning on my way to work. Hopefully they'll get to it soon!!

UNA

Wirelessly posted

somdfunguy said:
Wirelessly posted

:yeahthat: and absolutely no one has any for sale, we searched all over SoMD. Drove down 245 just before dark and it was still a mess. :boo: SMECO doing the best they can I'm sure. :yay:

Check out c.somd.com I posted mine on there since I didn't need it. So have a few others.

Thanks! I'll take a look! :smile:

Pete

Repete
There is a crew working 245 now but there are 4 bad spots. Hoping for tonight but tomorrow is probably more realistic

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I am so impressed by SMECO's response time. In light of their workload, and the level of work required, they are kicking butt!