The Rittenhouse Incident

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The amazing bit, the TOW has been around since the 60's
The production of TOW missile launch motors was one of the things competing for resources at RAAP when I was trying to get the dang 70mm/MK66 rocket system in to full production. That was in the mid 80s. Yep..that system and those like it are long in the tooth and still wickedly effective.

black dog

Free America
The production of TOW missile launch motors was one of the things competing for resources at RAAP when I was trying to get the dang 70mm/MK66 rocket system in to full production. That was in the mid 80s. Yep..that system and those like it are long in the tooth and still wickedly effective.
So are the LAV's, I believe my son said their ride was build in 84 or 85...

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The production of TOW missile launch motors

I have one around here somewhere from a shot I took in 86 from the remains of an inert round ...

That was in the mid 80s.
When I got to Ft Carson in 85 we had the last of the Vietnam Era Analog Missile Guidance Sets .. in 86 we converted to the Digital Sets and TOW-2 Missiles ... in the past few yrs TOW has showed up in the Syrian Conflict

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
I have one around here somewhere from a shot I took in 86 from the remains of an inert round ...

When I got to Ft Carson in 85 we had the last of the Vietnam Era Analog Missile Guidance Sets .. in 86 we converted to the Digital Sets and TOW-2 Missiles ... in the past few yrs TOW has showed up in the Syrian Conflict
My understanding is, that we give them new ones when they turn in the fired empty tube.
While at advanced missile school my son said they watched loads of videos of them being shot in Syria.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
IIRC the Javilain is way more sophisticated ...... from what I read on the Wiki last night, there were improvements

1. Wireless Guidance [I'm guessing radio control]
  2. Fire and Forget

that were never adopted