The Rittenhouse Incident

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The amazing bit, the TOW has been around since the 60's
The production of TOW missile launch motors was one of the things competing for resources at RAAP when I was trying to get the dang 70mm/MK66 rocket system in to full production. That was in the mid 80s. Yep..that system and those like it are long in the tooth and still wickedly effective.

black dog

Free America
The production of TOW missile launch motors was one of the things competing for resources at RAAP when I was trying to get the dang 70mm/MK66 rocket system in to full production. That was in the mid 80s. Yep..that system and those like it are long in the tooth and still wickedly effective.

So are the LAV's, I believe my son said their ride was build in 84 or 85...

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The production of TOW missile launch motors

I have one around here somewhere from a shot I took in 86 from the remains of an inert round ...

That was in the mid 80s.

When I got to Ft Carson in 85 we had the last of the Vietnam Era Analog Missile Guidance Sets .. in 86 we converted to the Digital Sets and TOW-2 Missiles ... in the past few yrs TOW has showed up in the Syrian Conflict

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
I have one around here somewhere from a shot I took in 86 from the remains of an inert round ...

When I got to Ft Carson in 85 we had the last of the Vietnam Era Analog Missile Guidance Sets .. in 86 we converted to the Digital Sets and TOW-2 Missiles ... in the past few yrs TOW has showed up in the Syrian Conflict

My understanding is, that we give them new ones when they turn in the fired empty tube.
While at advanced missile school my son said they watched loads of videos of them being shot in Syria.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
IIRC the Javilain is way more sophisticated ...... from what I read on the Wiki last night, there were improvements

1. Wireless Guidance [I'm guessing radio control]
  2. Fire and Forget

that were never adopted

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Tucker Carlson Airs Never Before Seen Footage From Kyle Rittenhouse Shooting In Kenosha

“The footage shows Rittenhouse running with a fire extinguisher. Rosenbaum appears and appears to chase after Rittenhouse when a single gunshot is fired,” Fox News reported. “A surrounded Rittenhouse squeezed four shots in Rosenbaum’s direction. Seconds later, three additional shots were reportedly fired by an unknown shooter. One bullet grazed Rosenbaum’s head while another penetrated his right groin, his left thigh, and his back.”

black dog

Free America
IIRC the Javilain is way more sophisticated ...... from what I read on the Wiki last night, there were improvements

1. Wireless Guidance [I'm guessing radio control]
  2. Fire and Forget

that were never adopted

LOL... one is about 11 grand a woosh, the other is about 120 grand a WOOOOSH.....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
yeah ... live fire

NO pressure, this missile costs about $ 25,000 and we only get a few to fire every year [I'd been in less than a year]

[Ft Carson was way down on the deployment list - we were the last to get upgrades]

when I got here in 85 we still had

1911A1's
M-16 A1's
Steel Pots [ helmets ]
M-151 Jeeps

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
yeah ... live fire

NO pressure, this missile costs about $ 25,000 and we only get a few to fire every year [I'd been in less than a year]

[Ft Carson was way down on the deployment list - we were the last to get upgrades]

when I got here in 85 we still had

1911A1's
M-16 A1's
Steel Pots [ helmets ]
M-151 Jeeps
You shouldn't feel left out. I was in Germany at that time and that's what we still had. Most units didn't transition away from that stuff for another 3-4 years IIRC.

--- End of line (MCP)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm still wondering why Kyle Rittenhouse was arrested but his attackers weren't. The video is clear, so what's the problem?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You shouldn't feel left out. I was in Germany at that time and that's what we still had.

Interesting .. we finally received the Kevlar helmets in 86 and M-16A2s in 87

I saw a Hummer at Ft Irwin and Drove one while in Korea in 88

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Interesting .. we finally received the Kevlar helmets in 86 and M-16A2s in 87

I saw a Hummer at Ft Irwin and Drove one while in Korea in 88
Germany 81-83, Old M151 Jeeps, M113 and M901 (ITV), still had Spotlight Tanks (M60A3), Green pickle suits, and steel pots.. AND the Tanks didn't have M2 (Ma Deuce) but the problem child M85 .50 Cal..

Got BDU Field Jackets first.. to wear with our pickle suits.. upgraded to M60A3 TTS while there (Thermal Sights, no more spotlights)

Slowly changed to Greeen T-shirts, from White, BDU uniforms.

84-86, Ft Knox.. First unit in the Army to have both M1s and M3s (saw the M1s at the ranges in Germany, but our Unit didn't get them until I had left).

M16A2, SAW.. M242..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oh, Grafenwohr Germany, 1987, Live TOW shoot.. We basically got 10 (or maybe 12) missiles to shoot, we all came up on the firing line.. and probably 4 of our missiles got about 500 - 1000 meters downrange and took sharp turns.. Nobody ever did figure out what the problem was, but it was fun to watch (at the time)..

Then the fun began of having to wind up and recover all the wire..

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
and probably 4 of our missiles got about 500 - 1000 meters downrange and took sharp turns..

one of ours turned skyward and went for the moon, we never did find it ...... given the trajectory it might have let the post .... it was headed in the general direction of Widefield Co

Then the fun began of having to wind up and recover all the wire..

I don't remember collecting wire, but the wreckage of the inert missiles was fun to tear apart

we had one in the Company office on top of a bookcase .. only missing one fin