The Walking Dead

BuddyLee

Football addict
Yeah! I just hope the show stays good.

AMC cut the budget and fired the producer who was doing an excellent job.

thurley42

HY;FR
I was a little disappointed. Usually when you make a 90 minute premier, you usually don't just add 30 minutes of extra commercials.

The story wasn't bad, it seemed to start very strong. The herd scene under tr cars was pretty intense. Died off the last half and became a tad stale. Strong ending, hopefully it's a good season!

BuddyLee

Football addict
I was a little disappointed. Usually when you make a 90 minute premier, you usually don't just add 30 minutes of extra commercials.

The story wasn't bad, it seemed to start very strong. The herd scene under tr cars was pretty intense. Died off the last half and became a tad stale. Strong ending, hopefully it's a good season!
I loathed all the commercials but that's what this is all about, the mighty $. That's why AMC fired the producer and cut the show's budget.

If they go through the story by how the book goes, it will be a very good season.

SamSpade

Echoes my sentiments. Toes were curling as the "herd" walked by with the folks under the cars - but almost everything else had me bored. I'm curious about one or two developments - running into other camps of survivors, and finding out why the zombies "herd".

jetmonkey

I was surprised that they all had some sort of footwear on. I would think the shoes would be the first thing to go, either when fleeing zombies or after you change because of all that shuffling and foot dragging.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Echoes my sentiments. Toes were curling as the "herd" walked by with the folks under the cars - but almost everything else had me bored. I'm curious about one or two developments - running into other camps of survivors, and finding out why the zombies "herd".
The books answer many of your questions and are a lot more violent than the show.
As described by Dr. Eugene Porter, a herd is when zombies act with a mob mentality. One zombie might brush his hand on a doornob and another will see this and mistake it as an attempt to get in. Then he will beat on the door to get in, and the first zombie will see this and try to get in. This will spark a chain reaction.

It can be hundreds or in one case in the book, thousands of zombies all herded walking almost aimlessly together.

warneckutz

Just found out about this show yesterday... watched some previews and went through their website so I picked up the first season and need to see what it's all about.

:buddies:

fredsaid2

The books answer many of your questions and are a lot more violent than the show.

It can be hundreds or in one case in the book, thousands of zombies all herded walking almost aimlessly together.

I thought the show is based on a comic book series?

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, a set of graphic novels, really, which are, in most folks minds, oversized comic books:) I know the Lexington Park Library has them, we got them from there. The backside of the new release shelves

BuddyLee

Football addict
I thought the show is based on a comic book series?
Yes, they are. There are so many that you can buy them all in a series of books, which are excellent.

As I said, the show won't nearly cover everything in the books. This group goes through 10x more violence, sex and death than this show can imagine.

sockgirl77

Yes, they are. There are so many that you can buy them all in a series of books, which are excellent.

As I said, the show won't nearly cover everything in the books. This group goes through 10x more violence, sex and death than this show can imagine.

That's it! I am buying the books! :howdy: