This Is Scary Stuff

Kinnakeet

please. As though you weren’t moaning with delight, tussling my hair and calling me “daddy’s little Hoover” just the other night.
did you go to the hospital and get your turd cutter tightened up it was a little loose the other day

itsbob

I bowl overhand
:rolleyes:

The point being made is so simple and logical, yet so many can't seem to grasp it and must swing wide with hyperbole to align with their media masters.

Nobody is denying that the virus exists and people die from it. The point is that people die every day of one thing or another. We don't shut down the country for heart disease or cancer or seasonal flu or anything else that kills people every day because Democrats don't care about those people - there's no political hay to be made.

We've never spent our lives mourning the 6700 people who die every single day in this country, yet we are supposed to throw ourselves on the floor with grief over every single COVID death and completely alter our lives over them. That's ridiculous and we only do it because the media tells us to.

If Hillary had won in 2016, we'd have barely heard of this virus. People would have still died, but we wouldn't have had the newsbots using it for political purposes. They'd have treated it like swine flu and bird flu and ebola and every other bug out there. But because it's Trump, suddenly every single death is a catastrophe and we must have a national freak out.

That's the truth.
We have records, and data.. A LOT OF THEM.. we know how many people die everyday, on average, and if we expect that number to rise or fall day to day, year to year.

I asked the question, SEVERAL times.. are we above, or below average for the amount of deaths for today?? Can you account for EVERY additional death supposedly caused by COVID??

Their answers are almost always HYSTERICS!! OMG EVERYONE IS DYING OF COVID!! Then they start with the we are below or at average because more people are staying home, less people are dying of OTHER things.. yet, none of the data shows that. We are still at, or near, average number of deaths for Heart Disease, Cancer, even car accidents and other accidents.. yet other than a a few weeks, we've been at or below average number of deaths most of the year. I do believe we are above average for the year, I don't believe we are 140K deaths above average.

1000 people died of COVID on 21 July, not a good number, but how does the TOTAL number of deaths on 21 July 2020 compare to the average number of deaths over the last 3 or even 5 years.

I'm still curious why we are over reacting and shutting things down again,, OK 1000 deaths by COVID.. but how many states have actually seen a significant jump in deaths?? I believe NY, is back to close to ZERO, they've actually had a couple of days with ZERO Covid deaths, but they want to go back to a near complete lockdown!

Jurgo

We have records, and data.. A LOT OF THEM.. we know how many people die everyday, on average, and if we expect that number to rise or fall day to day, year to year.

I asked the question, SEVERAL times.. are we above, or below average for the amount of deaths for today?? Can you account for EVERY additional death supposedly caused by COVID??

Their answers are almost always HYSTERICS!! OMG EVERYONE IS DYING OF COVID!! Then they start with the we are below or at average because more people are staying home, less people are dying of OTHER things.. yet, none of the data shows that. We are still at, or near, average number of deaths for Heart Disease, Cancer, even car accidents and other accidents.. yet other than a a few weeks, we've been at or below average number of deaths most of the year. I do believe we are above average for the year, I don't believe we are 140K deaths above average.

1000 people died of COVID on 21 July, not a good number, but how does the TOTAL number of deaths on 21 July 2020 compare to the average number of deaths over the last 3 or even 5 years.

I'm still curious why we are over reacting and shutting things down again,, OK 1000 deaths by COVID.. but how many states have actually seen a significant jump in deaths?? I believe NY, is back to close to ZERO, they've actually had a couple of days with ZERO Covid deaths, but they want to go back to a near complete lockdown!

before discussing details of death rates and symptom severity — all of which are valuable to discuss, especially when our main attempt at safety can be so economically devastating— I want to outline an even simpler observation.

I’ll repeat that this does not have anything to do with death rates. this only addresses the bogus claim that this virus is as bad as a common flu.

if this virus were only as bad as a common flu, our hospitals would not get overrun when there are spikes or hotspots. Again, this observation is not about deaths but about this one aspect that this virus, when it spreads too rapidly, leaves us with overburdened hospitals and healthcare systems.

death rates are or can be a separate, additional concern. Happy to talk about them. But can we first agree with this other fact?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
In other news, Northern NH was AMAZING.. Hardy folks up there, they ain't skeered.

No masks in Wal Mart, or anywhere else for that matter, business as usual in 90% of the places we went. Only issue was stuff managed by the state, and stuff the state forcibly shut down. You had to go online and reserve a spot to hike the Flume, which was cool, because that was the least crowded it had EVER been the10 or 20 times I've been. the Cannon Mt, and other gondola attractions were closed.. no riding up the side of the Mountain.. BUT we got to go out to eat for the first time since March, got take the camper out, got to go ATVing, just got to have FUN!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
before discussing details of death rates and symptom severity — all of which are valuable to discuss, especially when our main attempt at safety can be so economically devastating— I want to outline an even simpler observation.

I’ll repeat that this does not have anything to do with death rates. this only addresses the bogus claim that this virus is as bad as a common flu.

if this virus were only as bad as a common flu, our hospitals would not get overrun when there are spikes or hotspots. Again, this observation is not about deaths but about this one aspect that this virus, when it spreads too rapidly, leaves us with overburdened hospitals and healthcare systems.

death rates are or can be a separate, additional concern. Happy to talk about them. But can we first agree with this other fact?
Not sure that is a fact, or ALL of our hospitals around the country would be over run as EVERY locale has tremendous spikes in positive cases.. and yet, hardly nobody is reporting packed hospitals, packed ICUs and only a few state are even reporting a spike in deaths.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
In other news, Northern NH was AMAZING.. Hardy folks up there, they ain't skeered.

No masks in Wal Mart, or anywhere else for that matter, business as usual in 90% of the places we went. Only issue was stuff managed by the state, and stuff the state forcibly shut down. You had to go online and reserve a spot to hike the Flume, which was cool, because that was the least crowded it had EVER been the10 or 20 times I've been. the Cannon Mt, and other gondola attractions were closed.. no riding up the side of the Mountain.. BUT we got to go out to eat for the first time since March, got take the camper out, got to go ATVing, just got to have FUN!!
I’ve been up there 4 times since April and going again next month. Laconia was pretty much a ghost town over July 4.

Jurgo

Not sure that is a fact, or ALL of our hospitals around the country would be over run as EVERY locale has tremendous spikes in positive cases.. and yet, hardly nobody is reporting packed hospitals, packed ICUs and only a few state are even reporting a spike in deaths.

it is a fact. Not every locale has suffered tremendous spikes, certainly not all at once. We in Maryland have managed well, New Zealand has been spike free it seems.

in any event. Spikes in locales end up causing surges in hospitals. There are plenty of basic stories about this, starting with Italy’s suffering in the spring. I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you. If you refuse to accept very basic facts of reality, well then, by George, I think we’d best set aside your silly beliefs and focus on what we have in common: enjoying kissing each other.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
it is a fact. Not every locale has suffered tremendous spikes, certainly not all at once. We in Maryland have managed well, New Zealand has been spike free it seems.

in any event. Spikes in locales end up causing surges in hospitals. There are plenty of basic stories about this, starting with Italy’s suffering in the spring. I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you. If you refuse to accept very basic facts of reality, well then, by George, I think we’d best set aside your silly beliefs and focus on what we have in common: enjoying kissing each other.
Again, where in the US has there been a spike that has caused a hospital to be inundated and the ICUs overburdened? Media is reporting HUGE spikes everywhere, coast to coast.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Alex Berenson says Texas hospitals 'filling up' with COVID-19 cases, but 'our systems are managing'

Former New York Times reporter Alex Berenson told "Bill Hemmer Reports" Wednesday that "it doesn't look like there's hospital overrun" in Texas shortly before the state announced a new high in the number of daily reported deaths from COVID-19.

"I think Texas, you know, like Arizona, like Florida, the hospitals are filling up," Berenson, the author of "Unreported Truths About COVID-19 and Lockdowns," told host Bill Hemmer. "They are not, you know, they're not at capacity. They're not into surge, except Houston might be a little bit into, sort of, first-level surge of ICU's ... Houston has about 1,300 to 1,400 people in ICU right now and they have about 1,300 ICU beds. They can also add about 1,000 ICU beds.

Jurgo

Again, where in the US has there been a spike that has caused a hospital to be inundated and the ICUs overburdened? Media is reporting HUGE spikes everywhere, coast to coast.

no where. You’re right. Just don’t go looking up info about Texas spikes and their hospitals over the past month.

Jurgo

Alex Berenson says Texas hospitals 'filling up' with COVID-19 cases, but 'our systems are managing'

Former New York Times reporter Alex Berenson told "Bill Hemmer Reports" Wednesday that "it doesn't look like there's hospital overrun" in Texas shortly before the state announced a new high in the number of daily reported deaths from COVID-19.

"I think Texas, you know, like Arizona, like Florida, the hospitals are filling up," Berenson, the author of "Unreported Truths About COVID-19 and Lockdowns," told host Bill Hemmer. "They are not, you know, they're not at capacity. They're not into surge, except Houston might be a little bit into, sort of, first-level surge of ICU's ... Houston has about 1,300 to 1,400 people in ICU right now and they have about 1,300 ICU beds. They can also add about 1,000 ICU beds.

here’s the point gurps. Not that the filling up is unmanageable right now. My point is so much simpler: the common flu and other common illnesses do not cause this level of filling up. It does not cause us to get this close to unmanageable. This alone tells you that SOMETHING is different. Thank you for agreeing and I accept your apology.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I literally just googled “footage overwhelmed hospital Covid” and here is the first link:

You can say a lot here. “They are lying. Those rooms look spacious. The doctors and nurses being interviewed are lying about how severe the overwhelmed state is.” Denying this basic stuff strikes me as identical to denying the earth is globe shaped.

A very nicely staged propaganda B roll of video. Aka. FAKE.