Trees down calls...

nomoney

Alright, right on the bay by Point Lookout - am I going to have to get my boat ready to get out of here in the morning?

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Alright, right on the bay by Point Lookout - am I going to have to get my boat ready to get out of here in the morning?

I was just looking a buoy data from a buoy off of Scotland, MD and it registered a wind gust of 48 mph. Looks like sustained in the 30's.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
16.4 ft at Virginia Beach.

No reporting coming from Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel or any of the light houses in the bay that I can see.

red_explorer

19+ on the OBX earlier this evening....and the ocean was over the dunes Kitty Hawk south..l.they were told to expect Isabel type conditions and damage

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
19+ on the OBX earlier this evening....and the ocean was over the dunes Kitty Hawk south..l.they were told to expect Isabel type conditions and damage

Yes I heard the same. Maybe worse because they expect the Low to sit off the coast just hammering the beaches for about 72 hours.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Weather channel has some scary stuff! Graphic shows projected wave heights for Friday night.
waveheights_fripm1111.jpg

anybody up for a trip to Ocean City? :lmao:

You all to the south of me in St. Mary's, especially on the bay side, stay safe & dry!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
try that website i gave u Twin

That's where I went first, hon! Thanks for the recommendation, though! I've been bopping back & forth between the two of them for the last 20 minutes to check things out. Satellite images are cool but out-of-date -- found my house! Hope it doesn't float away....

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Lady bugs are fine -- I get them this time of year anyway. You can keep those darn spiders & all the rain. :killingme

Last edited:

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Ok...I am in/on Virginia Beach...at a wildlife training/conferance,.. in hotel overlooking the bay, Cape Henry and the Atlantic ocean....wind has been blowing all day...high tides, huge waves..actually saw one person out there trying to surf....
Roads are flooded...winds are around 25-30 with recorded gusts up to 50.
Tide is out...low tide just passed. High is at 3:40 am..(more or less)
Low is still south of here off SC coast. Expected here Thursday...and to drift off the coast Fri as a high pressure system moves in from the Ohio valley.

Waves are smashing up to the sand dunes.....I expect a lot of beach erosion by the end of this storm Saturday.

You all stay safe up there!!!
Good thing it is above freezing..otherwise we would be looking at 3-4 feet if smow...:jameo:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Tree down this morning around 3:45am across Little Cove Point Rd just outside the back gate of CRE. Had to turn around and go out the Post Office way.

Vince

With all this rain soaking the ground and the wind, you're going to see a lot more trees uprooted and down. Had a large poplar in my yard one year with wind and rain, came up root ball and all.