Trees down calls...

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
So far, it's been quiet. However, I'm expecting calls to happen throughout the night for trees down, flooding conditions and when high tide hits. I can see some evacuations happening.

Yes I agree. I have been watching the Buoy data from several buoys around here and the water is riding 3.00' higher than normal.

I just got home from the office and checked my weather station. It only hold 24 hours worth or rain fall data but in the last 24 hours I am measuring 3.94". I am not exactly sure how long this storm has been dumping rain but I would say we are approaching the 48 hour mark. I think it started Tuesday night around 8:00pm. So it is safe to say we have probably gotten over 5.00" of rain.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Sounds like things are starting to pick up as far as scanner activity. I think the winds will be picking up as well as it gets later.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
It is getting busier, especially down south. Like I said before, I expect the departments on/close to the water (Ridge, Valley Lee, Avenue) to run the majority of the flooding conditions, wires/trees down, mostly things water related. The other companies will get their normal, with a few associated calls.
Just hope nobody loses their stuff to water or wind damage.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I am here in Virginia Beach...and it is nasty...winds gusting up to 45 knots....a lot of beach loss...hotel had 4 kayaks tird up on the beach... I called the front desk and suggested they bring them in...or drag up onto the dunes...well they didnt....said the kayaks were fine... :shrug:

Well at 5 am, I look out and no kayaks...no beach,,,and there goes a huge sail boat floating down the beach...

There is a huge peir just north of me, the Lynnhaven Peir... I bet that is were they found 3 of the 4 kayaks this morning...all smashed up...and the remains of the sailboat...
Here are 2 photos taken from the 5th floor of the hotel:

gotta go and grab chairs from deck before they get blown off......be safe up there!!!!

Attachments

• kayaks.JPG
    kayaks.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 204
  • no kayaks.JPG
    no kayaks.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 199

luvscats

huge tree down across our driveway. driveway is about 1/2 mile long so we can't get in or out. I know what we'll be doing once this weather lets up. :faint:

luvscats

You guys okay?

yep, so far so good, thanks. Truck is parked here at the house so I hope no trees come down here.

When I came in from running errands this afternoon, I drove down the driveway up to the point where the tree was down. When I tried to back the car back out of the drive way up to the street I got the car mired axx deep in soft ground.

Hubby is so pixxed he's downstairs and I'm upstairs. I imagine we'll stay on diff floors for the next few hours.

oh well, what the heck, what ya gonna do?? :killingme

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
yep, so far so good, thanks. Truck is parked here at the house so I hope no trees come down here.

When I came in from running errands this afternoon, I drove down the driveway up to the point where the tree was down. When I tried to back the car back out of the drive way up to the street I got the car mired axx deep in soft ground.

Hubby is so pixxed he's downstairs and I'm upstairs. I imagine we'll stay on diff floors for the next few hours.

oh well, what the heck, what ya gonna do?? :killingme

:lol:

Not a terribly bad way to live.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think something hit the backside of my house. Getting ready to don the raincoat and flashlight... :frown:

dgates80

Land of the lost
I think something hit the backside of my house. Getting ready to don the raincoat and flashlight... :frown:

Look out the windows and just wait until daybreak. Probably nothing you can do in the dark anyway, 'cept get soaked and cold.

Last edited:

Loper

Animal Poor!
Our farm road was washed out at 4:30 in L-town today. That was at low tide! :cds: I need to be able to get to my ponies...

dgates80

Land of the lost
Remember that old Bill Cosby comedy LP?

Noah: God, love ya man, but building a boat is gonna be a lot of work, and where am I going to get the money, ya know?

God: Noah.... how long can you tread water?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Look out the windows and just wait until daybreak. Probably nothing you can do in the dark anyway, 'cept get soaked and cold.

I couldn't see anything out the windows. Went out with a flashlight and didn't see anything. It may be a branch on the roof. It woke my daughter up.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I am here in Virginia Beach...and it is nasty...winds gusting up to 45 knots....a lot of beach loss...hotel had 4 kayaks tird up on the beach... I called the front desk and suggested they bring them in...or drag up onto the dunes...well they didnt....said the kayaks were fine... :shrug:

Well at 5 am, I look out and no kayaks...no beach,,,and there goes a huge sail boat floating down the beach...

There is a huge peir just north of me, the Lynnhaven Peir... I bet that is were they found 3 of the 4 kayaks this morning...all smashed up...and the remains of the sailboat...
Here are 2 photos taken from the 5th floor of the hotel:

gotta go and grab chairs from deck before they get blown off......be safe up there!!!!

I've been watching TWC and reports are that the Lynnhaven Pier is gone. Nasty storm this one is. Be safe.