Votes: 22 55.0%
  • DeSantis

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In a head to head, who would you choose? Note that there's no "Other" - the choices are Trump or Desantis.

Clem72

Desantis. He's younger, has less baggage, seems to be a bit more informed about what can and can't be done legally (that may just be his team), and he's not a crook.

Say what you will about the dems demonizing everything that Trump did (and much that he did not) do during his presidency, but the guy doesn't keep promises. Not in his business and not to his spouses. He may be funny and willing to speak his mind, but that doesn't necessarily make him good or effective as a leader.

glhs837

Power with Control
Desantis. He's younger, has less baggage, seems to be a bit more informed about what can and can't be done legally (that may just be his team), and he's not a crook.

Say what you will about the dems demonizing everything that Trump did (and much that he did not) do during his presidency, but the guy doesn't keep promises. Not in his business and not to his spouses. He may be funny and willing to speak his mind, but that doesn't necessarily make him good or effective as a leader.

I loved what Trump did, but the amount of rancor involved meant there was a lot that didn't get done. And anyone who thinks that the amount generated during a second Trump term would be any less is fooling themselves.

Clem72

I loved what Trump did, but the amount of rancor involved meant there was a lot that didn't get done. And anyone who thinks that the amount generated during a second Trump term would be any less is fooling themselves.
The only reason I might be interested to see a Trump win is that you can bet every argument about election integrity /sanctity would fly out the window and they couldn't help themselves from having a riot that we can now call insurrection and keep them locked up for years without charging them.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
Frankly I just want Trump to take a torch to the Democrats Bureaucratic Clubhouses.

Find someone that will be great at cleansing the NSA.

Another to identify the Leftist Trash and fumigate the FBI.

Same for the ATF.

Justice Department

Fire EVERYONE in the State Department. ( They've been working against the country for decades. )

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

But do we think the Left will be any different with DeSantis, considering they're already ratcheting up the attacks?

SamSpade

Actually - tough call. I want Trump to win, but I’m not sure he can beat the negative headwinds against him. A lot of independents hate him. As bad as Biden is - it’s close enough that he can cheat his way back.

I like DeSantis but he sounds too establishment. At least he was on board with the Fair Tax - and he had the balls to go against everyone else during the pandemic. He says the right things but he looks uncomfortable in public.

Don’t know.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
The only reason I might be interested to see a Trump win is that you can bet every argument about election integrity /sanctity would fly out the window and they couldn't help themselves from having a riot that we can now call insurrection and keep them locked up for years without charging them.
:yay:

Clem72

But do we think the Left will be any different with DeSantis, considering they're already ratcheting up the attacks?
He can stay on script, give them less ammo. I think like 80% of the stuff they got upset about were jokes or statements taken out of context. Desantis doesn't make the same jokes, statements, or mannerisms that are so easy to mischaracterize.

So yeah, they will try. They will make stuff up like "don't say gay", but it won't stick the same way as "Trump says illegals are rapists" or "Trump mocks people with disabilities".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am decidedly against DeSantis for 2024 mostly because I'm selfish and want to keep him to myself. Our LG is Jeannette Nunez and I don't love her. She almost ensures a Democrat takeover in 2026.

DeSantis will likely be a more diplomatic POTUS than Trump (he'd almost have to be) and I'm not convinced that's what this country needs to get back on track. I think we need someone who'll set fire to the system and burn it to the ground. Sow the ground with salt. Then burn it again just to make sure you didn't miss anything.

Plus Heavy D is a terrific Governor with a state legislature that supports him - he won't have that in the bigs, so I'm not confident he'll be as effective as anti-Trump Republicans think he will be.

CPUSA

Trump...simply because 2020 was stolen from him...and if you're STILL denying that it happened, then you're an idiot and the only opinion of yours that I might possibly want is the lunch special of the day...

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick

The President​

The President is both the head of state and head of government of the United States of America, and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces.

We need Trump because we know he will act in the best interests of the United States in regard to foreign policy and he will be an actual Commander in Chief of our armed forces.

F - ur feelz

Kinnakeet

TRUMP, DeSantis cannot be trusted as of now IMO.
Trump knows exactly what to do with this country, politicians are only in it for the freebies and perks.
DeSantis might be OK but I am not willing to use my vote on him unless I have to.
Ask DeSantis if he will vote for term limits, his answer to that will tell you all you need to know.

glhs837

Power with Control
TRUMP, DeSantis cannot be trusted as of now IMO.
Trump knows exactly what to do with this country, politicians are only in it for the freebies and perks.
DeSantis might be OK but I am not willing to use my vote on him unless I have to.
Ask DeSantis if he will vote for term limits, his answer to that will tell you all you need to know.
Doesnt really matter how a President feels about term limits. Unless you see a path to get the House and Senate to back one, it means nothing. And Trump knowing what needs to be done means nothing if he's so constantly under attack that he cant get things done.