Trump or Desantis?

• Trump

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • DeSantis

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I loved what Trump did, but the amount of rancor involved meant there was a lot that didn't get done. And anyone who thinks that the amount generated during a second Trump term would be any less is fooling themselves.
They'll do the same thing with ANY Republican, should they win. They've gotten away with their crap for so long, they won't stop!

At least Trump was never beholden to any specific interest group and couldn't be bought.He didn't take any sh*t. I'm not so sure about how De Santis will fare - he is not independently wealthy.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I am decidedly against DeSantis for 2024 mostly because I'm selfish and want to keep him to myself. Our LG is Jeannette Nunez and I don't love her. She almost ensures a Democrat takeover in 2026.

DeSantis will likely be a more diplomatic POTUS than Trump (he'd almost have to be) and I'm not convinced that's what this country needs to get back on track. I think we need someone who'll set fire to the system and burn it to the ground. Sow the ground with salt. Then burn it again just to make sure you didn't miss anything.

Plus Heavy D is a terrific Governor with a state legislature that supports him - he won't have that in the bigs, so I'm not confident he'll be as effective as anti-Trump Republicans think he will be.
^This^

glhs837

Power with Control
They'll do the same thing with ANY Republican, should they win. They've gotten away with their crap for so long, they won't stop!

At least Trump was never beholden to any specific interest group and couldn't be bought.He didn't take any sh*t. I'm not so sure about how De Santis will fare - he is not independently wealthy.

Right, but your sling and arrows effectiveness depend heavily on how much ammunition you are given. And Trump leaves ammo all over the place. From what Ive seen when attacked, DeSantis responds pretty well.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Right, but your sling and arrows effectiveness depend heavily on how much ammunition you are given. And Trump leaves ammo all over the place. From what Ive seen when attacked, DeSantis responds pretty well.

Right, because he's just a Governor. If he wins the primary they will come after him with everything they have. They're already making up weird stupid chit and they're just warming up.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Right, because he's just a Governor. If he wins the primary they will come after him with everything they have. They're already making up weird stupid chit and they're just warming up.
They've already started going after his wife.

22AcaciaAve

I would say DeSantis if you want to win. Trump has too much baggage. He's got his base and that is probably big enough to win the primary, but he isn't getting the independent vote back. Any chance of that has gone out the window because he stubbornly refuses to stop talking about how the election was stolen from him. It amazes me that a guy who so badly wants to win and become only the second ex-president to take back the White House can't figure out that in order to do that he needs to stop going on and on about how he really did not lose the first time. So what? Give it a rest. He is doing nothing to win back people who have a problem with him being a narcissist.

DeSantis has stumbled a bit lately, but in the end I believe he can win back the independents who jumped ship from Trump even if they jumped and did not vote for anyone. Joe Biden is easy pickings this time around. The only way he wins is if republicans go back to Trump. There are only about 10 states where the presidential vote really matters. Trump will not win those swing states. DeSantis will. So it comes down to whether you want to win, or whether you want to lose but vote your principles.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
he stubbornly refuses to stop talking about how the election was stolen from him.

I too stubbornly refuse to stop talking about how the election was stolen. It was a direct attack on our election and the American people. It was third world level corruption. A bunch of paid off judges and hard left news pundits saying it wasn't stolen means nothing to me.

To me that's the single most important political event in history and it stuns me that other Americans are all, meh, **** it, who cares. You yourself said, and I quote: "So what?" But ya'll have turned a blind eye to much of the blatant corruption of the Democrats, so I shouldn't be surprised.

It is my plan to always remember how that election was stolen, cheated, and given to a demented cretin who is the worst person to ever sit their ass in the seat (and that includes Warren Harding). I fully expect Democrats to try and pull the same stunt in 2024 - we'll see if they get away with it again.

PS, the AZ Gov election was cheated and stolen as well.

SamSpade

To me that's the single most important political event in history and it stuns me that other Americans are all, meh, **** it, who cares.
I'm not "who cares?". But it's a lost battle. By the time history vindicates Trump - which truth be told - it very well may NOT - we'll all be long gone.
We are STILL debating who killed Kennedy and other similar controversies - we still joke about HIS election being stolen from Nixon. It won't change anything. Running Trump AGAIN in my opinion, is wishful thinking. We WANT to see him vindicated, but the forces against him are even stronger than they were in 2020.

The TWO things Trump has in his favor - is a very loyal base - but my estimation is it's probably no more than 25% of the voting population.

The other is - Biden is REALLY BAD. We knew this - the NATION knew this - his campaign was a joke, it's been clear the man is an idiot, he very nearly proves it DAILY that he is a clueless PROP - and even Obama is on record as having famously quipped "never underestimate Joe's ability to f*ck things up". Joe's single best selling point in his favor was that he was some kind of fatherly middle of the road uniter - and he blew THAT image all to hell within a month.

We now have a majority of DEMOCRATS who think he's too old for the Presidency and they would rather he NOT run - BUT THE SAME POLL SAID, they would all vote for him ANYWAY.

I fully recognize that while Trump is and has been transformative - and I don't see any others like him running on either side - I do believe ANYONE other than Biden is better than another Biden Presidency (with the exception of Kamala, who isn't demented like Joe, but is so supremely stupid, she might as well be). And that even means a Republican I don't like.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And that even means a Republican I don't like.

See, and I don't want to do that. When you vote for someone, you own that vote. And if that person turns out to be a ravening shitbag, you own that because you voted for it and now you have to defend your vote.

I happily defend my vote for Trump and would do it again, but I'm glad that McCain and Romney both lost so I didn't have to defend their corruption and grifting. Plus Megan McCain would have been the most insufferable presidential daughter in history.

That's why I dumped the Republican Party - I got tired of having to defend their indefensible behavior. Why I didn't vote for Hogan's second term. Why if it's some scumbag like Nikki Haley or Asa Hutchinson in 2024 I'll just leave it blank. I don't want to own them or defend them.

SamSpade

See, and I don't want to do that. When you vote for someone, you own that vote.
Fine. Frankly it will come down to Biden - and a Republican. And I don’t think Trump can win. Seriously. I think the press and social media have convinced enough of the non Trump fans that he shouldn’t be there.

And that IS a shame. Trump is a different kind of politician. Because at heart he isn’t one. He has no desire to be all wishy-washy and diplomatic when the situation calls for spelling it out in spades. And it was working.

But I gotta ask - besides Trump, has there been a Presidential candidate you really wanted to vote for? Because the GOP hasn’t fielded a charismatic candidate in decades. Since Reagan - whom I actually only liked after his Presidency - Bush, Dole, Bush, McCain, Romney? Every one was a hold your nose, close your eyes and pull the lever.

I hate it too, but if you don’t vote for the crappy Republican - you get an INCREASINGLY more left wing President.

It sucks but it’s the best we got.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fine. Frankly it will come down to Biden - and a Republican. And I don’t think Trump can win. Seriously. I think the press and social media have convinced enough of the non Trump fans that he shouldn’t be there.

And that IS a shame. Trump is a different kind of politician. Because at heart he isn’t one. He has no desire to be all wishy-washy and diplomatic when the situation calls for spelling it out in spades. And it was working.

But I gotta ask - besides Trump, has there been a Presidential candidate you really wanted to vote for? Because the GOP hasn’t fielded a charismatic candidate in decades. Since Reagan - whom I actually only liked after his Presidency - Bush, Dole, Bush, McCain, Romney? Every one was a hold your nose, close your eyes and pull the lever.

I hate it too, but if you don’t vote for the crappy Republican - you get an INCREASINGLY more left wing President.

It sucks but it’s the best we got.

Reagan was the first President I ever voted for and I was proud that my first vote ever helped give him a second term. George Bush....eh, he was there and way better than Dukakis....Dubya wasn't my first choice, either, but he was okay until he went all TDS psycho and now I hate him. I remember being stoked about Romney, but now I'm glad he lost.

If the GOP decides that DeSantis is the guy, I'll make this face :ohwell: but I'll vote for him. I just really don't want his LG to take his seat. His choice of her makes me wonder about him, but then I remember Mike Pence. Nikki Haley and Asa Hutchinson are a nope. I'd rather have Joe Biden than Nikki Haley and that would teach stupid Republicans a lesson so maybe they'll pull their head out of their ass and stop voting for slimy overlord America-hating grifters. Another Biden term would be their punishment because stupid has to hurt.

It's just politicians - I hate them. They are awful people. Disgusting. Slimy. Ick ick ick. I don't have enough adjectives to describe how loathesome they are. Trump was a *leader*, not a politician. I like a leader.

PeoplesElbow

See, and I don't want to do that. When you vote for someone, you own that vote. And if that person turns out to be a ravening shitbag, you own that because you voted for it and now you have to defend your vote.

I happily defend my vote for Trump and would do it again, but I'm glad that McCain and Romney both lost so I didn't have to defend their corruption and grifting. Plus Megan McCain would have been the most insufferable presidential daughter in history.

That's why I dumped the Republican Party - I got tired of having to defend their indefensible behavior. Why I didn't vote for Hogan's second term. Why if it's some scumbag like Nikki Haley or Asa Hutchinson in 2024 I'll just leave it blank. I don't want to own them or defend them.
Why you feel like you have to defend your vote? Realistically there are only two choices and the only reason you need was the one you voted for was better than the other one, at least it seemed that way at the time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why you feel like you have to defend your vote?

Because I'm not a person who rolls through life mindlessly checking boxes. I am responsible for the decisions I make and can articulate the reasons why I made those decisions, AND I can learn from the mistakes I've made so that I hopefully don't do it again. I'm also not a person who goes, "Dur dur dur I'ma vote fer dis guy cuz that's who the TV people say."

Realistically there are only two choices and the only reason you need was the one you voted for was better than the other one, at least it seemed that way at the time.

Actually "none of the above" is a realistic choice.

PeoplesElbow

Actually "none of the above" is a realistic choice.
Not really, because there is no provision for "not enough support for either, so let's do it over"

All that does is makes you feel better. Kinda like the people that drone on about being vegans, training for a marathon, not eating gluten, reading the book before seeing the movie etc.

Faced with two not great choices I'll take the less bad one and hope they are serviceable and can be influenced in the correct directions. I've hired people before that I wasn't thrilled with the choices I had, some worked out, some were turds, but not hiring anyone wasn't a choice.

StmarysCity79

I too stubbornly refuse to stop talking about how the election was stolen. It was a direct attack on our election and the American people. It was third world level corruption. A bunch of paid off judges and hard left news pundits saying it wasn't stolen means nothing to me.

To me that's the single most important political event in history and it stuns me that other Americans are all, meh, **** it, who cares. You yourself said, and I quote: "So what?" But ya'll have turned a blind eye to much of the blatant corruption of the Democrats, so I shouldn't be surprised.

It is my plan to always remember how that election was stolen, cheated, and given to a demented cretin who is the worst person to ever sit their ass in the seat (and that includes Warren Harding). I fully expect Democrats to try and pull the same stunt in 2024 - we'll see if they get away with it again.

PS, the AZ Gov election was cheated and stolen as well.

Why can you not prove any of that?

It is only your opinion based on the lies you were spoonfed by the right wing media and Trump.

Please show your work and provide two fact based instances of anything that would in anyway effect the outcome of the election.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All that does is makes you feel better.

What's wrong with that? Someone has to make me feel better, might as well be me. Because it sure isn't going to be the hysterics on the Left and Right running around all willy nilly cheering on their team no matter what kind of shitbag is playing quarterback. Those people don't make me feel good. Me not being one of them, however, makes me feel great.

:cartwheel